2014/2015 Major League Baseball Season

29 replies to this topic

#1 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:31 PM

This is the thread to discuss anything about the upcoming and in a few weeks current MLB season.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#2 Password121

Password121

The Dark Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:24 PM

I live in northern VA, so my team is the Nationals. It looks to be a good year for them, acquiring Doug Fister adding to their stellar rotation. What is everyone home team?

#3 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:33 PM

I think the Nationals are going to win the NL East. My home team is the Phillies and I'm not expecting them to make the playoffs this year but am hoping they can maybe sneak into the 2nd Wild Card spot.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#4 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,132 posts
  • Location:Manalapan, NJ Currently residing in Oxford, MS @ Ole Miss!

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:44 PM

Yankees!

Posted Image
Longest active member over 11 great years with gadv.com and counting

2011 gadv.com award titles:
Posted Image

#5 Password121

Password121

The Dark Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:55 PM

^ Ughhh....
In all seriousness, lets hope Jeter has a great "last hoorah" of his career. One of the greats of all time and I respect him.

#6 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • 7,132 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:05 PM

I had one horrid of a year one of the worst in the history of me being a sports fan between the devils, the yankees and the giants idk if there is a single year other than last year where everyone of them missed the playoffs going all the way back to my birth...ok I'm iffy on '91-'93 and jst really don't want to check right now lol.  But at least from '94 on and the giants were amazing in the late 80's

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 SFNEKid13

SFNEKid13

Koaster Dan

• Site Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:10 PM

I'm hoping the Yankees bounce back this year. History shows that the last time they missed the playoffs, they spent a ton of money in the offseason, and went onto win the World Series. Hopefully that's the case. But it certainly won't be easy. I stand by my statement that the AL East is the toughest division in baseball, and pretty much has been for the past 5 years.

#1 Wooden- El Toro
#1 Steel- Bizarro

Dan_Nixon_Sig_Photo_zps7ea4d821.jpg

#8 NitroKaMedusaMachine

NitroKaMedusaMachine

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:54 AM

I had one horrid of a year one of the worst in the history of me being a sports fan between the devils, the yankees and the giants idk if there is a single year other than last year where everyone of them missed the playoffs going all the way back to my birth...ok I'm iffy on '91-'93 and jst really don't want to check right now lol.  But at least from '94 on and the giants were amazing in the late 80's

It's been almost the opposite for me. The Yankees were always my fall back team. Whenever the Jets and Rangers were doing poorly (which was often), I always could say I still had the Yankees. If they miss the playoffs again this year, it will just feel weird. I really pray that they go far into the playoffs and winning it all would be the best way to send the Captain out. He deserves one last title.

EDIT: I looked it up. The last time the Yankees, Giants, and Devils all missed the playoffs was 1987, which was the replacement player year for the NFL. The last time where all three teams played a full season with their actual rosters was 1983.

Green Lantern: a suitable replacement, but will never be the same. RIP GASM.

#9 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • 7,132 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:37 AM

Thank you nitrokamedusamachine. So yes i can practically say 2013 was the only tear all my teams didnt make the playoffs in my lifetime. I was born in '85 so yea theres '87 but 87 does come with an astericks
Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 Cygnus12

Cygnus12

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:11 PM

La7ZnAd.jpg

This about sums up the Mets upcoming season.

TheDoD3.com - 3x more thrilling than your favorite ride!

#11 RC98

RC98

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:01 PM

LOL yeah I know, as a Mets fan it's frustrating but at least I know they've tried by getting Granderson and Colon. Hopefully they'll at least do a little better than last year and maybe 2015 when Harvey comes back can be their year.

My YouTube Account: http://www.youtube.c...rCoasterRider98
Total Coasters Ridden: 100

#12 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:46 PM

I know it's only spring training and not a real indication of the regular season with so many minor league players but I wasn't expecting a 1 - 5 start for the Phillies. Even more surprising is the 0 - 6 record for the Braves.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#13 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:59 PM

Luis Garcia is horrible. It took him 49 pitches to get through the 8th inning tonight and his ERA is up to 15.75. He needs to give up baseball and go back to being a barber.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#14 RC98

RC98

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:47 PM

^ Hey, at least the Phillies aren't in last place- the Mets are and they're the team I follow. Their inability to hit lately is frustrating.
My YouTube Account: http://www.youtube.c...rCoasterRider98
Total Coasters Ridden: 100

#15 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:57 PM

Unfortunately for both of us, I think the Mets and Phillies are going to be fighting each other for last place the entire season. Even with the Braves and Nationals not playing that well, the Marlins are better than expected and I don't think either team has a chance at the division.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users