29 replies to this topic

#16 RC98

RC98

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:59 PM

^ You're unfortunately right, unless either team makes trades during the season. I'm hoping 2015 can be the Mets' year since the last time they finished a season above .500 was 2008. Since then, the Devils had their Cup run, the Giants won a Super Bowl, and the Yankees won a World Series. It's about time the Mets do something notable.

I usually root against the Phillies as a Mets fan, but for the sake of a good rivalry it would be nice to see them become better too. Best of luck to both of our teams!
My YouTube Account: http://www.youtube.c...rCoasterRider98
Total Coasters Ridden: 100

#17 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 11:33 PM

With the Phillies and Mets both playing better baseball and the Braves and Nationals not doing as well suddenly the NL East is close again with the Phillies 4 games out of 1st and the Mets 5 games out of first. It should be interesting to see what happens in the next few weeks.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#18 RC98

RC98

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:05 AM

^ Yeah if the Mets could get a player or two that can hit (or start hitting better with who they have) they would be in an even better position to make a run for it. They certainly have the pitching needed for it already.

#19 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:34 PM

Interesting end to the season, there could have been a few tiebreakers today but none happened since of the games yesterday. Also surprising finish to the NL East, I never expected the Mets to tie for 2nd place and have all teams other than the Nationals finish under .500.

I'm hoping the Pirates and Royals win the Wild Card games, Dodgers and Pirates win the NLDS, Orioles and Angels win the ALDS, Dodgers win the NLCS, Orioles win the ALCS and Dodgers win the World Series. I'm really hoping the Nationals and Cardinals get eliminated in the NLDS, same thing for the Giants if they win the Wild Card game and go to the NLDS.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#20 RC98

RC98

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 10:59 PM

^ Yeah I can say I'm proud of the Mets winning 79 games and finishing tied for second :P

It will be interesting to see what the Mets do in the offseason. They have a great rotation and a good bullpen, they just couldn't hit at all this past year. With all the one and two run games they lost just a little more offense would have them as a wild card team.

#21 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 11:11 PM

Yeah their rotation with Harvey back will be tough to compete against. I didn't know great Jacob deGrom was either. I was at Citi Field last month for the first time (I thought it was a very nice stadium) when the Phillies where there and he happened to be the starting pitcher and was lights out. I think they could give the Nationals some competition for the division next year along with possibly the Marlins.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#22 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:06 PM

World Series starts tomorrow. I'd like to see another NL team get in next year, since for 5 seasons in a row it has either been the Giants or Cardinals. I'm hoping the Royals can keep up their win streak and sweep the Giants.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#23 Cygnus12

Cygnus12

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:17 PM

Welp, Royals lost. Good series, but I'm tired of seeing the Giants win now. I was really rooting for the Royals seeing that they've always been that "bad team" for as long as I've been following baseball.

TheDoD3.com - 3x more thrilling than your favorite ride!

#24 NitroKaMedusaMachine

NitroKaMedusaMachine

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 12:11 AM

Welp, Royals lost. Good series, but I'm tired of seeing the Giants win now. I was really rooting for the Royals seeing that they've always been that "bad team" for as long as I've been following baseball.

I truly feel that the only time it's enjoyable to watch the same team win all the time is when it's your favorite team. I didn't like the Giants to begin with but now their one of my least favorite teams because I am so sick of them.

Green Lantern: a suitable replacement, but will never be the same. RIP GASM.

#25 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 07:45 PM

I agree, I haven't liked them since the 2010 NLCS and really hated in 2011 there was a bench clearing fight when they played the Phillies in the regular season. Pablo Sandoval threw punches at a Phillies player and Eli Whiteside was jumping up and down at Victorino after a close pitch and Victorino was the only one that got suspended.

I really thought the Royals were going to win the series but I guess you can never count the Giants out. Hopefully the pattern will continue and the Giants miss the playoffs next year.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#26 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:29 AM

I can't believe Giancarlo Stanton got 13 years / $325 million. There is no guarantee he will be worth even close to that contract in the later years of the deal. After contracts like Ryan Howard, Albert Pujols and A-Rod, I would have thought teams would be more cautious. I also kind of hoped the Marlins wouldn't give him a large contact and he would be out of the NL East in a few years.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#27 Cygnus12

Cygnus12

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:51 AM

Yeah, 13 years is insane. I mean, A-Roid got 10 and we see how that one turned out. Not saying Stanton is a scumbag like A-Rod, but a lot of things can happen in 13 years.

In other news, Jose Canseco is selling the gun that he accidentally shot his own finger off with.

TheDoD3.com - 3x more thrilling than your favorite ride!

#28 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 07:17 PM

Lots of trades and signings the past few days during the winter meetings.

I'm going to miss Jimmy Rollins but it's understandable why he was willing to leave since they have no chance of contending next year and the Dodgers will. I won't miss Bastardo and his high walk rate.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#29 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 05:40 PM

15 - 2 against the Giants last night after being shut out both games before that with Greinke and Kershaw pitching. And on top of that Cole Hamels gives up a career high 9 runs and 12 hits, hurting his trade value. I don't know how much more of this I can take, at least the Phillies get the #1 draft pick next year since there is no way anyone else will catch up to them for worst record. Can this team rival the 1962 Mets?

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#30 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 11:06 PM

Bye Cole Hamels :(

I know it's the right move for the rebuild but it's still going to be strange not to see him pitch every 5th game. Thanks for 2008 and the no hitter last Saturday,a great way to say goodbye to the team and the fans.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users