7 replies to this topic

#1 Password121

Password121

The Dark Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 06:50 PM

I couldn't find a specific thread on this, and I had a few questions, so I decided to start a new thread.

1) Can anyone confirm 2014 prices, prices for groups of 2, 3, or 4, or any discounts for pass holders?
2) I'm an occasional visitor to Great Adventure, and am planning on visiting once in April and once in early July. Should the July crowds warrant a Flash Pass? I was thinking Gold seems like the best option. What do you think?
3) Any tips/things to consider before dishing out potentially $100 to skip lines?
4)How does it compare to Cedar Fair's Fast Lane? I went to Cedar Point this past July 4th weekend, and bought the regular Fast Lane, but still could only get one ride on Maverick due to the Fast Lane queue being full.

#2 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:56 PM

1. 2014 Pricing isn't available yet, I don't think there is a discount for passholders. Gold started at $80 or $85 for 1 person.

2. Whether you need a Flash Pass in July will depend on when you are going. If you are going on a weekend or around the 4th of July, it will be helpful. If you go in the middle of the week you might be able to get away without it. Gold should be good with the 50% less wait time.

3. If you want to save the money, get there at opening and get the major/most popular rides out of the way first. Crowds are generally low until 12:00 - 12:30. If you want to ride everything and get re-rides, it will be difficult without lines.

4. With Fast Lane, you have unlimited instant access to the Fast Lane entrances. With Flashpass, once it is your time to ride, you enter through the Flashpass queue which merges in the station for all rides except Skull Mountain which goes up the exit and TDK which merges before the pre-show. Usually it's a station wait with Flashpass but on busy days the line can be longer. If the Flash Pass line gets really bad at Skull Mountain, they will sometimes give a whole train to Flash Pass rather than just car 5. I'd expect an average of around 10 minutes except for Kingda Ka which could be closer to 15 minutes since it merges at the station (the walkway to the station but it is always empty for line control) but a station wait could still be close to 15 minutes since there is still a queue in the station before you get to the loading area where you choose your row.

On a side note, I have read about Fast Lane at Cedar Point and I hear during Halloweekends especially the Fast Lane line can get up to 45 minutes for the rides like Millennium Force and Maverick. At $85 a person for regular, that is horrible so they are clearly selling too many of them. With Platinum Flashpass there are only 100 of them so only up to 600 people could be using the system. Personally I'd like to see Platinum Flashpass go away or at least the double rides. I have seen people with Platinum a lot where they are re-riding and there is no ride op telling the people waiting for that row that they get to re-ride so it causes confusion and the people waiting sometimes get annoyed.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#3 Password121

Password121

The Dark Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 05:09 PM

Thanks for the info. I went on a Monday last August, and it was packed. I wish I bought a Flash Pass. I got to the park before 11, and got on only 5 coasters before I left at 6. Batman was an hour, Ka was 75 mins, didn't get on Nitro, Bizarro, or Superman due to 90 mins waits. I'll probably get a Flash Pass this July, as I'd like to get a bunch of re-rides. Just curious, how long do waits differ between regular and gold? Platinum seems like overkill and overpriced. Is getting gold on a relatively busy day with it over regular?

#4 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 05:28 PM

Regular has you wait the same time as the regular line. So if Nitro is an hour, it will tell you to return in an hour. Gold reduces the time up to 50% of the regular. Gold is worth it if the park is busy, especially if you aren't going to be there from open to close and want to ride all the coasters.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#5 ThuSense

ThuSense

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:47 PM

I found out a little late that season pass holders get 2 BOGO "coupons" to add a person to flash pass for free. Would have used over Labor Day weekend, if I had known.

Am I correct that regular Flash Pass doesn't help during Fright Fest nights? If I got a FP for rides during the day, do I still need a different special pass or sticker to get to front of lines for FF? Are FF days busy during the day so that FP even makes sense?

#6 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 12:07 AM

Flash Pass will work on the rides during Fright Fest nights but not for any of the Fright Fest attractions. Fright Fest days are extremely crowded, some of the busiest days of the year. The last few Saturday's of the season, the main lot gets full, the overflow lot gets full and then they start parking cars in Hurricane Harbor's lot. The ride queues get full and they have temporary overflow queues set up. Friday nights are the exception since they rarely get that crowded except probably for Halloween night this year.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#7 ThuSense

ThuSense

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 08:50 AM

Thanks again, Yoshi. I was tentatively planning to come Fri Oct 10 (season pass bring friend for $9.99 night). So I guess no need for flash pass that night and maybe just need to add on trail tix or trail package/sticker? Will Sat Oct 11 be crazy busy? Perhaps ok with flash pass? I called GAdv about 2 day tix and learned park only offers 2- day through hotel package, which I don't want now, but " bounce back" tix are available? I saw no mention of that park. Can I get bounce back tix for non season pass holders in our group on Fri night 10/10 to come back 10/11? How much? I'm not having luck w phone calls to park.

#8 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 11:01 AM

I'm not sure about bounce back tickets. I know the park used to offer them and advertise it in the park but haven't seen it mentioned in years. If the other people in your group plan to go even once next year, they are probably better off buying season passes if the $66.99 price for 2 or more continues until the end of the season since next years passes also work for the rest of 2014.

A Flash Pass will likely be needed October 11th. That is Columbus Day weekend and both Saturday and Sunday of that weekends will be very crowded if the weather is ok.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users