4/13/14 Photo Trip Report

7 replies to this topic

#1 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:51 PM

It seemed like the offseason was never going to end with this horrible winter and it was finally opening weekend. I got to the park just before 4:30 which wasn't a lot of time but enough to get some rides in.

Even though I processed my pass last fall, they still were using the biometrics and it took around 15 seconds of having a finger on the scanner until it said it was ok to enter.

Since Kingda Ka was closed I went to Nitro first to start the season. It was around 15 minutes. It was a little rough but not too bad. Batman was next with around a 10 minute wait including waiting an extra train for the front row. As usual it was very forceful.

The Dark Knight was also around 10 minutes. No effects were working and the lights would turn on and off throughout the ride. When the lights were off it was almost completely dark. I hope they can get at least the effects running last year working again like the writing in the tunnel lighting up.

Skull Mountain was a 3 train wait for the last row. Like TDK, none of the effects were working and there was a work light on near the brake run making almost the entire track visible as well as a work area.

I went back to Nitro waiting around 15 minutes again and went to row 8. It was a lot more rough.

It was around 6:15 and I went to the Yum Yum Palace. I normally get the grilled chicken sandwich and it was taken off the menu this year.

Runaway Mine Train was a 2 train wait and no ads were on the trains. Hopefully it stays that way this season.

Bizarro was running 3 trains with no wait except for the front. The fire wasn't working and the auger of doom had no mist. The shields were also not lit I guess since it was still light outside.

Green Lantern didn't have much of a line in the switchbacks and was probably around 10 minutes. Surprisingly the single rider line was open so I walked up the stairs and got right on the next train and got the last row.

Superman looked to be around 20 minutes and I didn't feel like waiting so I went back to Skull Mountain waiting 2 trains for the last row and then back to Nitro with no wait. Shelby was at the ride as a guest and was in the row in front of me.

I finished the day at Batman. There was no wait except for the front and I again waited 1 extra train for the front. There were so empty rows so I was able to move to row 6 and get on the final train of the night.

It was a great start to the season. I hope next time I get there earlier so I can get even more rides in.

Ride Count:

Nitro, 3x

Batman, 3x

TDK, 1x

Skull Mountain, 2x

Green Lantern, 1x

Runaway Mine Train, 1x

Bizarro, 1x

IMG_4330_zpsbb05b704.jpg

The Skyway had a car stuck in the middle of the ride

IMG_4331_zpsb206f2f1.jpg

The perfect way to start the season

IMG_4334_zpsd3f0803a.jpg

It seems fitting to have a Batman arcade game right near Batman The Ride and The Dark Knight

IMG_4335_zpsd3386c9d.jpg

IMG_4336_zpsce2d953f.jpg

IMG_4337_zpsa009d7c2.jpg

New custom ad for Skull Mountain

IMG_4338_zpsb8652fc7.jpg

IMG_4340_zps93b9765b.jpg

New Flashpass sign

IMG_4343_zps6fc9754a.jpg

This was in the window display of Attitudes. I thought it was strange to have a competitor pictured there.

IMG_4344_zps2a32b769.jpg

IMG_4345_zps946de5c9.jpg

New arcade game

IMG_4348_zps46374900.jpg

Hopefully the Log Flume opens soon

IMG_4350_zps9393c935.jpg

IMG_4351_zps02543928.jpg

They still say Northern Star

IMG_4357_zps00d653ad.jpg

IMG_4360_zps7d65ad29.jpg

IMG_4361_zps1788dd7c.jpg

Batman's station 5 minutes before closing

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#2 RC98

RC98

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:59 PM

Looks like you had a good day there. I can imagine that Monday-Wednesday this week would be good days to go, since most schools are making up their snow days the park would be completely empty.
My YouTube Account: http://www.youtube.c...rCoasterRider98
Total Coasters Ridden: 100

#3 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:09 PM

Yeah Monday - Wednesday shouldn't be too crowded. Tuesday the weather looks horrible though. Thursday - Saturday will be very crowded if the weather is ok.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#4 robertleax

robertleax

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 01:39 PM

We are going Easter Sunday again.  I think its becoming our tradition now.  But since there is a concert, i'm alittle worried it will be crowded.  However we will be there before the park opens.

rjl

#5 joeyc98

joeyc98

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:54 PM

I can confirm the park was very busy today. Nitro, Green Lantern, Superman all had long lines. even Bizarro built up a decent line. Expecting the rest of the week to be busy, like Yoshi said.

Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 Geek

#6 Kaiser

Kaiser

Batman

• Admin
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:18 PM

There was an extremely large event today, which was going to happen rain or shine, so today's not a really good indicator of the crowd for the weekend. Despite that, it will still probably be crowded over the weekend.

sig_kaiser.png

#7 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:25 PM

I made the mistake of going on Thursday of Easter week before, the large group made it much more crowded. I ended up riding Nitro with an exit pass from Funatics (still took 20 minutes), rode TDK waiting around 30 minutes and left. You know it's crowded when Scream Machine has a 45 minute line and Runaway Mine Train has almost a full queue.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#8 BMac

BMac

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:45 PM

I tried to go there today but had to take backstreets to 528 and 571 and come to the park that way. There was a really nasty accident that took about 3 hours out of my day to visit the park. Then I saw the buses and just decided against even walking in. Just wasn't my kinda day but I at least found some good cruising back roads to drive when I'm on my way home.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users