Season Dining Pass 2014

11 replies to this topic

#1 Kaiser

Kaiser

Batman

• Admin
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:33 PM

The Season Dining pass is back at Great Adventure for its second year with some small changes.

They still offer the same options:

Theme park only thru summer

Theme park only thru Fright Fest

Theme park and Hurricane Harbor thru summer

Theme park and Hurricane Harbor thru Fright Fest

You also still get one lunch and one dinner meal from select dining locations during specified times.

Changes

First of all, I'm pretty sure the price went up on all the options.

Second, there were some new locations added. I don't have an extensive list, but I know Johnny Rockets is now available with season pass dining!

Third, you now have to pay extra for many of the season dining pass meals. It seems that by doing this, they expanded their availability, but also increased prices on items that were available last year.

Also, somewhat unrelated, but Ted's Cheese steak was converted into Garden State Grill, and they are a part of the Season. (Also, they bring your food to your table!)

Here's the menu for Garden State Grill. (picture a little further down)

Look closely at the Season Dining Pass logo. One the plain cheeseburger is completely free with a dining pass. You want something else on your burger? $2.00

I didn't even notice that until the cashier asked for two dollars. I PAID TWO DOLLARS FOR TWO PIECES OF BACON!

Now, by having this upcharge on top of the Dining pass, I assume they have now allowed more of the more expensive items to be available to dining pass members.

The downside to this is that last year, at Best of the West, I could get a Bacon cheeseburger, and it was completely covered under the dining pass. I haven't been to Best of the West yet to confirm, but they probably made the same changes there - plain burger is covered completely; $2.00 for two pieces of bacon.

KsS8ivC.jpg

And here's the sign outside of Garden State Grill

NNmISp6.jpg

Sidenote, I keep calling it Jersey State Grill instead of Garden State Grill.

Either way, I enjoy calling it Ted's Garden State Grill.... or just Ted's.

sig_kaiser.png

#2 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:36 PM

I can understand an extra cost on some items like the meals that are $12.99 or more but it is disappointing that some of the meals that were included last year are now extra. Other changes have been better though. Last year at Nathan's you only got a hot dog with the dinning pass. This year it is 2 hot dogs and fries.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#3 sam527

sam527

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:47 PM

Best of the West was where I first found out about the upcharge. I saw something in red partially hidden behind the right side of the Season Dining Pass logo on the board but didn't pay any attention to it and I didn't think anymore of it. We ordered 2 bacon cheeseburgers and when we got to the cashier he asked me for $2, I said for what and he said the bacon, I was like what, I've already paid for the dining pass and I refused to pay for it and said just take the bacon off then (all the while I had no idea of any sort of upcharges on food this year and he didn't even mention it to me). He said he couldn't do that and he rang them up as regular cheeseburgers.

It wasn't until we got to Johnny Rockets later by the fountain that I was able to get a closer look at their board and see that it was actually $1 or $2 in red on the right side of the Dining pass logos for upcharge items and they had the bacon cheeseburger with an upcharge disclaimer under it, I still don't remember seeing that disclaimer in Best of the West. If I had known about any sort of upcharge ahead of time or even clearly on the board, I never would have ordered a bacon cheeseburger.

I looked at the Season Dining Pass page and location menus on the web site the other day and they still had the 2013 pages up. 

#4 jetsplumber

jetsplumber

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:47 AM

I hope the food this season is better then last year.   last year the food I thought was terrible.   the pizza and burgers were not even edible they were so bad.   I wouldn't feed that crap to my dog.  guess ill see this weekend. 

#5 Password121

Password121

The Dark Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:59 PM

I was disappointed in the food service I had on opening day at "Greens," which sells wraps and salads. Given, it was opening day, but we ordered 1 salad, 1 wrap, and a large lemonade, and it took about 15 minutes just for our order. The young lady rang it up around $15, and we asked if that includes all three items. She said it does, and gave us the large lemonade filled with ice and about 6 ounces of lemonade (I'm not exaggerating, the top barely fit due to the ice). She then gave us the wrap, but not the salad. We asked for the salad, and she gave us a blank stare. We asked her between 6 and 10 times to see if the salad was in he order, to which she always said yes. At this point, we had waited about 20 minutes, and we didn't have the patience to make another order, so we left with no apology from her. Not to mention she didn't know how to use the credit card machine.

#6 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:36 PM

When I get a drink anyplace that doesn't have free refills, I always say no ice for that reason. The soda is usually cold right out of the fountain without ice and on some cups they actually show a fill line for where the ice is supposed to go and it's almost half the cup full of ice.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#7 RC98

RC98

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 07:35 PM

Half full of ice? That's ridiculous, I would ask for no ice then too. Overall it seems like the park is at least attempting to improve on food though with the new burger place in Boardwalk and a redone Character Cafe.
My YouTube Account: http://www.youtube.c...rCoasterRider98
Total Coasters Ridden: 100

#8 Sfguy

Sfguy

GADV Elite

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:07 PM

Mamma Flora's is probably my favorite place to eat in the park since Best of the West stopped making their potato wedges a few years ago. Mamma Flora's is contracted out so I'm not sure if it'll ever be included in the Dining Pass, but I really hope they add at least some of their meals in through the coming years.

Posted Image

#9 ThuSense

ThuSense

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:27 PM

GA is having a "sale" on the 2015 Season Dining Pass. $84.99 plus tax, w some nice free 2014 perks. I couldn't find what the full price would be after the sale. I hate rushing to take advantage of a sale to only have it extended or have the nonsale price be not that much higher. HOW MUCH WILL THE SEASON DINING PASS COST AFTER THE SALE? Thanks for any intel.

#10 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 12:08 AM

They haven't said what the regular price is, last year it was raised to $99.99 later in the year so that is probably likely again.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#11 ThuSense

ThuSense

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:07 AM

Thanks again, Yoshi. I prob won't make it back to the park by Sept 14 to process a pass to get the "free" 2015 sport bottle which gets free 2014 refills. Do you think the deal will be extended? It's already been extended fr 9/2 to 9/14.

#12 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 10:56 AM

They will probably have the deal last longer, they have a habit of extending deals. A few years ago they had season passes on sale for the "lowest prices of the season" in September then the day after Thanksgiving, they were $10 less than that.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users