5/29/14

4 replies to this topic

#1 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 08:50 PM

I was originally planning to go to Dorney today since Wildwater Kingdom is open but with the weather in the upper 50's when I was ready to leave, I knew that was a bad idea (if Wildwater Kingdom was even open) so I went to Great Adventure instead.

This is the 3rd Thursday in a row I went to the park and there were less buses this week and more cars.

I walked into the park around 1:30 and went to Nitro first. The line was in the switchbacks and went to Batman instead waiting just over 10 minutes for the front row. They were loading the pre-show room at The Dark Knight faster with the video starting as soon as the doors opened. The only bad thing about that was that with not many people in the pre-show room there would have been a chance to re-ride and by the time I got back to the station after the first ride, the next pre-show had already let out when normally it would have taken a couple more minutes for the new pre-show group to enter the station.

Skull Mountain was a 2 train wait for the last row and Blackbeard's had no wait. I went back to check Nitro's line and it was almost out to the entrance with no switchbacks used. The person at the entrance was telling people it was an hour wait which didn't seem right but the ride also looked like it might have been broken down so I still didn't get in line and went back to Batman. The line was on the stairs and they were now only running 1 train. They added the 2nd train back while I was in the station so the total wait was just under 20 minutes.

Green Lantern looked to be about 20 minutes. There was no one in the single rider line and I walked right onto the next train. Superman's line didn't look too long and was around 15 minutes. The worker at the stairs wasn't sending enough people from the regular line into the station causing the station to be almost empty at times.

Runaway Mine Train had no wait and the Log Flume had less than a 5 minute wait. There was a group of 3 in front of me who wanted their own boat and the ride op wouldn't allow them even though there were maybe 15 people in line at the time. Normally when the ride is that empty they let small groups have their own boat.

Bizarro had 3 trains running and was a station wait. Dispatches were slightly faster this week.

I was going to stop at El Toro and then go back to Nitro until I saw El Toro's line was almost up to the 60 minute sign. I thought if I waited in that line I might not get to ride Nitro so I walked fast to the other side of the park and got to Nitro around 5:25. The line was where the snack bar used to be and was around 15 minutes. The C train wasn't as rough as it was in past weeks.

It was 5:45 and I knew I might not be able to get back to El Toro since sometimes the ride lines close a few minutes before closing and saw the Skyway had no wait and took it over to the other side of the park and walked right over to El Toro with a line just out of the station.

I went to the first row of the 5th car after waiting around 10 minutes. When the train got back into the station no one was waiting for my row and a few other rows and they had 2 more trains to send out so they allowed me and anyone else who had no one waiting for the row they were in to re-ride which was a great way to finish the trip to the park.

Ride Count:

Batman, 2x

Nitro, 1x

The Dark Knight, 1x

Skull Mountain, 2x

Blackbeard's, 1x

Skyway, 1x

Green Lantern, 1x

Superman, 1x

Log Flume, 1x

Runaway Mine Train, 1x

Bizarro, 1x

El Toro, 2x

GADV2_zpsb4fce8c7.jpg

I saw this sign near where the shuttle bus stop is. I never noticed it before.

GADV3_zps76c71f88.jpg

If anyone is going to the park over that weekend, the extra hour of ERT should be really helpful with how crowded the park will probably be.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#2 Kaiser

Kaiser

Batman

• Admin
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:10 PM

I swear all your trip reports begin as "I wasn't planning on going to the park today" haha

sig_kaiser.png

#3 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:18 PM

I never thought about it and you are right. I guess that's because I really don't know for sure if I am going to the park or not until that actual day and many times it is a last minute decision to go.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#4 BMac

BMac

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:14 PM

Bizarro had 3 trains running and was a station wait. Dispatches were slightly faster this week.

LOL you got very lucky, it seems like you rode late in the day after we emptied out the queue. From basically 2pm to 4:30pm there was a constantly steady 20-30 minute line for the ride, and at one point I had to run through and open the switchbacks. People kept entering as fast as we were sending them out so the line never shrunk nor grew for a good 2 hours before we finally started to thin the line out. I had a huge grin when I was finally able to see the bottom of the stairs without people coming in. 

#5 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:24 PM

It sounds like I got there just after the line got shorter since I rode the coaster around 5:00. I guess that's good for the ride's popularity that there was a line for the ride for much of the day.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users