Screamscape Rumor

5 replies to this topic

#1 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,133 posts
  • Location:Manalapan, NJ Currently residing in Oxford, MS @ Ole Miss!

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:04 AM

I am putting this in the news section because there is a major flaw with this screamscape rumor posted that basically shows its completely bogus.  Great Adventure sits on top of a giant underground aquifer which supplies much of the clean drinking water for the entire state.  Because of this Great Adventure is absolutely not allowed in anyway to build underground tunnels!  They can build ditches, but the idea especially that they would build an underground tunnel underneath the lake is completely implausible.  I can say with 100% certainty this rumor to screamscape is completely bogus

Posted Image
Longest active member over 11 great years with gadv.com and counting

2011 gadv.com award titles:
Posted Image

#2 Password121

Password121

The Dark Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 12:24 PM

Do you know where screamscape gets their info from? I agree I don't think a tunnel under the lake is going to happen, but I don't think an RMC wooden coaster is out of the question.

#3 RC98

RC98

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:20 PM

Yeah I saw that, I would love an RMC woodie and I think that part is possible but knowing the environmental impact of putting a tunnel in the lake I don't think the planning board would allow that. I also second the question of where Screamscape gets their info, I wonder that sometimes too, especially when they post a rumor and then the next day discredit it.
My YouTube Account: http://www.youtube.c...rCoasterRider98
Total Coasters Ridden: 100

#4 BMac

BMac

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 07:29 PM

Do you know where screamscape gets their info from? I agree I don't think a tunnel under the lake is going to happen, but I don't think an RMC wooden coaster is out of the question.

Email Lance or just tweet to him over twitter, that's where he gets 90% of his info from. Lance has a bad habit of biting bad bait at first, and as far as I'm aware project 2015 still isn't fully cemented. At this rate Project 2015 might just end up being Zumanjaro XP

#5 Password121

Password121

The Dark Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:00 PM

Well, screamscape just shot down their own rumor.

#6 BMac

BMac

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 03:17 PM

Something Lance has been really good at lately, jumping the gun.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users