6/17/14

8 replies to this topic

#1 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:45 PM

I went to the park on Tuesday for the last 4 1/2 hours they were open. My phone said it was 88 degrees in Jackson and when I got to the park, my car was showing a temperature of 96. Not ideal weather but low crowds made it manageable. Nothing had a wait of more than 5 minutes.

Nitro was closed when I first got to the park and reopened later with the A and B trains running. I'm glad the C train was the train they chose not to run.

Batman was running 2 trains and later went to 1 train with no wait except for the front. I didn't go for a lot of rides with inversions today because of the temperature.

The only rides listed on the closed rides board were Kingda Ka and Zumanjaro. The Log Flume was closed the entire time I was at the park.

I rode Congo Rapids for the first time in 3 or 4 years since it was so warm. I stayed mostly dry, others on the raft got soaked.

I also tried the front row on El Toro. Normally it has an extra 8+ train wait and when I went back to the ride at around 8:45, the station was empty except for a few people waiting for the last couple of rows. The view in the front row was great and I found the air time at the drop before the twister section a little too painful so I'll probably continue to try to ride in the last 2 cars.

When I took the Skyway, DiveMachine was at the Frontier Adventures station. It's always cool to see someone from the site at the park.

Ride Count:

Nitro, 5x

Batman, 2x

The Dark Knight, 2x

Skull Mountain, 3x

Bizarro, 1x

Congo Rapids, 1x

Runaway Mine Train, 2x

Skyway, 1x

El Toro, 5x

logflume_zps37339f2f.jpg

The Log Flume was not working

batmanstation_zpscdb0902e.jpg

Most of the stations looked like this during the last 2 hours the park was open. Even before that, I didn't see a line going out of a station.

nitrosunset_zpsa691e4a3.jpg

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#2 Sfguy

Sfguy

GADV Elite

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:13 AM

Seems the park  has been empty pretty much all week. I guess this is the calm before the storm of summer crowds. And yikes, bad day for flume to go down.

Posted Image

#3 DiveMachine

DiveMachine

El Diablo Loco

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:47 AM

Great seeing you Brian! :)
DiveMachine- Moderator/G.O.A.T. at Gadv.com

#4 Kaiser

Kaiser

Batman

• Admin
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:49 AM

Seems the park  has been empty pretty much all week. I guess this is the calm before the storm of summer crowds. And yikes, bad day for flume to go down.

I think it's finals week for a lot of schools, so no more school trips!

sig_kaiser.png

#5 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:00 PM

Yeah it seemed like there were way less school trips. I only saw around 10 buses in the lot although maybe since I got there later in the day, some had already left.

Great seeing you Brian! :)

It was great seeing you too.

I agree it was a bad day for the flume to not be working. I'm just glad Congo Rapids was open so there at least 1 water ride to get a chance to cool off.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#6 jetsplumber

jetsplumber

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:01 PM

the last time I rode congo rapids 2 yrs ago, the water fall was not working.  did they fix it?

#7 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:51 PM

It still wasn't working.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#8 jetsplumber

jetsplumber

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:23 PM

just curious,  how long has the waterfall on roaring rapids not been working? 

#9 Kaiser

Kaiser

Batman

• Admin
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:28 PM

It will never work.

sig_kaiser.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users