7/10 Tr

5 replies to this topic

#1 AirtimeAddict17

AirtimeAddict17

Rolling Rolling Rolling RAWHIDE!

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:36 PM

Today was a great, short trip for me and a few friends! We arrived at 10:30 and immediately went to Zumanjaro for the season pass ERT. As we approached the station, we found out that it was experiencing minor technical difficulties. We waited for about 15-20 minutes, then it reopened with a 2 car wait. I'm not the biggest fan of drop towers, but this ride was a lot of fun! The new views of Kingda Ka and El Toro were really sweet too!!!

After Zumanjaro, we tried to go on Kingda Ka but realized the wait was an hour. We didn't want to wait and saw that it was 11:30 so we decided to go on Zumanjaro again. It was a walk on! I was really happy we were able to ride twice today!

We went to El Toro next. One train wait for the last car. Next was Bizarro. Two train wait! We walked over to the other side of the park and hit up Nitro. The wait was about 30 minutes. I noticed it was a bit shaky. I didn't see which train we were on though.

After Nitro, we decided to check out Kingda Ka. Kingda Ka was down for the second time. We overheard that it was down earlier in the day for around an hour or so. We waited a little and then decided we were tired and decided to head out. Overall, it was a successful day... We got to ride Zumanjaro for the first time!!!

Count for the day:

Zumanjaro: 2x

El Toro: 1x

Bizarro: 1x

Nitro: 1x

CC-145

#2 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:33 PM

It was good you were able to ride Zumanjaro twice without really having to wait much. It's too bad Kingda Ka had a long wait and then was breaking down, from reading other reports as well it sounds like Kingda Ka is having a longer than normal wait for crowd levels I guess because of the reduced capacity.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#3 Mkj3322

Mkj3322

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:37 PM

I was stuck on Zumanjaro during that delay haha. Stuck ten feet in the air for like ten minutes. Basically followed the same ride path as well. Lines were relatively short.

#4 AirtimeAddict17

AirtimeAddict17

Rolling Rolling Rolling RAWHIDE!

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:16 PM

It was my first time back while Kingda Ka was up and running. Guess I'll have to head there first thing every visit! And we were trying to read your expressions to whether or not you guys finished your ride and got stuck or started and got stuck!

CC-145

#5 Mkj3322

Mkj3322

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:59 PM

I was in the middle car. Wish it got stuck a little higher to enjoy the view.

#6 B&MForever

B&MForever

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 12:57 AM

I really hope the state backs down on the restrictions regarding Kingda Ka and Zumanjaro. It definitely is wreaking havoc on the capacity of both rides, especially Kingda Ka. Maybe some additional nets or something would help.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users