4 replies to this topic

#1 NitroKaMedusaMachine

NitroKaMedusaMachine

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:34 PM

I'm going to Cedar Point for the first time next week. While this is exciting, I also don't know the park that well. I would like to know what rides have the worst lines, any rides besides the major coasters that are can't miss, the best seat on the rides, what order to ride, basically anything that will make my trip even better. Thank you.
Green Lantern: a suitable replacement, but will never be the same. RIP GASM.

#2 RC98

RC98

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:48 PM

For worst lines, the big 3 Intamins (Millennium Force, Maverick, and Top Thrill Dragster) for most of the day and Raptor and Gatekeeper in the morning. Do the Intamins during early entry if you have it and save GK and Raptor for later in the day. When I was there Raptor and GK had long lines at opening but GK's line was down to 10 mins by mid afternoon and Raptor was a station wait in the evening. For flats maXair (giant frisbee) is the best one there IMO but Skyhawk (screaming swing) and Power Tower (S&S set of 4 towers) are fun too if you have the time.
My YouTube Account: http://www.youtube.c...rCoasterRider98
Total Coasters Ridden: 100

#3 jetsplumber

jetsplumber

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:40 AM

Check Out pointbuzz.com.  They have lots of great info and tips for visiting.  From the tips I got for my first trip to CP at the beginning of the season. First, are you staying on or off property and are you having access to early entry?  If staying off property, Everyone recommended to me to park in the back at Soak City, use the resort park entrance for early entry near Magnum,  go straight to Maverrick.  Then hit up Millenium Force.   Ride both at least 2 times each.  that should get  you close to 10.   Get over to TTD and get on line.   Finish out everything in the back of the park.   Do Raptor and gatekeep laetr in the afternoon or evening, as the front get less crowded later on.   At park closing,  try to get a end of the night ride on Millenium,  that's ride flies at nighttime.  And depending how many days you will be at the park or how crowded it is,  budget the fast lane wristband just in case.   They all said don't pre purchase it on the internet, make the descison at the park. 

#4 NitroKaMedusaMachine

NitroKaMedusaMachine

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 04:47 PM

Check Out pointbuzz.com.  They have lots of great info and tips for visiting.  From the tips I got for my first trip to CP at the beginning of the season. First, are you staying on or off property and are you having access to early entry?  If staying off property, Everyone recommended to me to park in the back at Soak City, use the resort park entrance for early entry near Magnum,  go straight to Maverrick.  Then hit up Millenium Force.   Ride both at least 2 times each.  that should get  you close to 10.   Get over to TTD and get on line.   Finish out everything in the back of the park.   Do Raptor and gatekeep laetr in the afternoon or evening, as the front get less crowded later on.   At park closing,  try to get a end of the night ride on Millenium,  that's ride flies at nighttime.  And depending how many days you will be at the park or how crowded it is,  budget the fast lane wristband just in case.   They all said don't pre purchase it on the internet, make the descison at the park. 

I'll have to check that website out. I'm staying at Hotel Breakers on site. There's an early entry deal there.
Green Lantern: a suitable replacement, but will never be the same. RIP GASM.

#5 jetsplumber

jetsplumber

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 04:56 PM

^ Well if your staying at  a CP hotel, you get early entry.    And being your staying at Hotel Breakers which is on site on the peninsula, youll use the resort park entrance which is right by magnum.  .  have fun.   Like I said, check out pointbuzz website and ask any questions you have there.  they were very helpful. 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users