129 replies to this topic

#16 CH101

CH101

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 10:10 PM

"Batman VS Superman: Dawn of Justice" opens in 2016. Could we get a themed attraction to the movie? I am personally hoping for a real coaster addition for 2016.

#17 Christian

Christian

I'm kind of a big deal

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:53 AM

St Louis is getting a Justice League themed shooting dark ride next year. If it does well maybe we'll get one too.

There was a dream that was GADV Online...

#18 Clearvue

Clearvue

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:21 AM

Maybe I'm alone in saying this but aside from truly wanting a 4D coaster... I am actually kinda wondering if maybe a B&M dive coaster would be relevent in our park... place it where Rolling thunder was and have it dive into that tiny lake between El Toro and Bizzarro.    I know its a long shot and I know its another B&M which we don't need but i feel it would fit nicely in the parks line up. 

Another thing i'd be interested in is a Mega Lite family coaster.  sorta like " Piraten " by Intamin at Djurs Sommerland Denmark. 

Or a Launched Family coaster like  " Juvelen " by Intamin at the same park.  

I know we are all for Record breaking coasters, and these can defintely be tweeked to be something a little cooler.  But I wouldn't be opposed to adding a nice Family thrill Coaster to the park to bring in diversity and, lets be real, they look fun... probably on the cheaper side of coasters and they would take lines away from some of the other rides.  Not to mention, it'll bring more families in with younger kids and we could start seeing more Flats due to the increase in younger families coming to the park. Which, would also force SF to upgrade the appearence of the park as well. 

Last but not least what about a ride similar to "Saw the Ride" at Thorpe Park .... would be interesting.. could easily fit into a tiny place ... Chillers old location ... and would rejuvinate that side of the park. 

Just my 2 cents

#19 Sluggo77

Sluggo77

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 12:45 PM

Why not something like Maverick or Cheetah Run with more inversions or a Dive Machine with a longer layout the BG.

#20 Christian

Christian

I'm kind of a big deal

• Retired Admin
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 03:53 PM

I want a Blue Fire clone

3ic6egmg00008mksgvqk00.jpg

#21 Mkj3322

Mkj3322

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:00 PM

I want a custom mack layout. Something long and intense but tame enough to allow smaller height restrictions so it works for families. 

#22 Clearvue

Clearvue

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:58 PM

okay but we are on similar pages here with what we are saying ... another example is Sky Rush at Hershy Park.  They Dont take a lot of room whats so ever and would fit PERFECTLY in our lineup. 

#23 Christian

Christian

I'm kind of a big deal

• Retired Admin
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:52 PM

Here's what we're missing in our line-up:

Launched Looper (Maverick/Blue Fire/Full throttle)

Wingrider (Meh)

4D (wait on B&M)

Dive Machine (YES)

Giga (No)

Shuttle (nightmares of Chiller)

GCI Woodie (We have Toro)

RMC Woodie (Again, Toro)

Gravity Group Woodie (Hell no...Also Toro)

Ball Coaster (Low capacity)

Eurofighter (Low capacity)

El Loco (Super low capacity)

Beyond Vertical looper (i.e. Fahrenheit)

10 inversion coaster (why?)

Aquatrax (ehh.)

Lots of options to fill in. Let's not duplicate what we already have though.

#24 Jason

Jason

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:32 PM

I want a looper that isn't a B&M.  All of our looping coasters are B&M...

30k3uyq.jpg

@spikedudej    #TeamMissPanda

#25 NitroKaMedusaMachine

NitroKaMedusaMachine

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:18 PM

I have actually been working out in my head since I first rode Maverick two weeks ago how we can fit something like that in the park. It can go in Chiller's old station using one side as the loading platform and the other side as the mid course launch. I would love a giga in a few years, but it's not important and I would want an Intamin giga not a B&M giga. It would be good for marketing because we would be only one of two parks with a hyper, giga, and strata with the other park being Cedar Point. I would want other coasters before that like what I mentioned above, a more family friendly woodie to compliment El Toro, and a the prototype B&M 4D that everyone keeps talking about. I personally think Six Flags should try to turn Great Adventure into a destination park. It already makes the most money for them and if they cleaned up the park a bit, added a bunch of new flat rides, added a few more big coasters, and built a hotel on site, I guarantee Gadv would become a big vacation spot. I would stay there and I only live an hour away.
Green Lantern: a suitable replacement, but will never be the same. RIP GASM.

#26 Clearvue

Clearvue

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 02:07 PM

Here's what we're missing in our line-up:

Launched Looper (Maverick/Blue Fire/Full throttle)

Wingrider (Meh)

4D (wait on B&M)

Dive Machine (YES)

Giga (No)

Shuttle (nightmares of Chiller)

GCI Woodie (We have Toro)

RMC Woodie (Again, Toro)

Gravity Group Woodie (Hell no...Also Toro)

Ball Coaster (Low capacity)

Eurofighter (Low capacity)

El Loco (Super low capacity)

Beyond Vertical looper (i.e. Fahrenheit)

10 inversion coaster (why?)

Aquatrax (ehh.)

Lots of options to fill in. Let's not duplicate what we already have though

See I feel after reading everything that I'm the only one who agree's with you.  Why do we ened a GCI ? and why do we need a RMC?  Do we forget that even though El Toro is Intamin, it was built by RMC ... and its better than most RMC coasters I've ridden ( Minus Iron Rattler which is a Fantastic ride.. but its its own beast  )  we have the worlds best Wooden Coaster, we don't need an RMC.  Sure, I'd love one but we don't need one.

A Blue Fire clone would be perfect... its kinda similar to what I mentioned but with a few more thrills... doesnt have to be a clone but along that path of ride i'll be okay

Maverick is a great ride as well but we don't need one that size. Like I said in my earlier post.. somthing scalled down but has its own unique reatures.

I do strongly believe since the addition of El Toro and Kingda Ka, that the whole area has been lacking.  I loved Rolling Thunder but it just wasn't up to par with other rides anymore.  I think SF had a bigger plan for that area of the park.. since its the newest with most thrills... why not connect them.  They added Zumanjaro and now Looping dragon and i believe in 2016 we will see the Coaster of our dreams to finish that section off.... also adding in Pathways to bizarro and conecting carnival and kingdom.   Then, by 2020 they wil revamp Old Country... I'm sure they have plans of their own and were really focused on this for awhile but with the 2 newest custom coasters the park got, they couldn't fit them in the old country area.  So finish off what they started and then focus on fixing old country.   

I do want to add i am very dissapointed with looping dragon simply because a park of this caliber doesnt deserve just one flat for a upgrade... but we lost nothing (this year) so i'll take it. 

#27 Christian

Christian

I'm kind of a big deal

• Retired Admin
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:43 AM

We should be thankful that we are getting a new flat. The main complaint for YEARS on this forum was the lack of flats in the park. To finally get that wish year after year is a godsend. We really don't need a new coaster based solely on be fact that our lineup blows other parks out of the water.

Most parks have one awesome coaster and a bunch of good but not great coasters. We have a collection that makes other parks envious: 
the best wooden coaster in the country, one of 2 stratas in existence, the first floorless, one of the better hypers, a stand up that doesn't totally suck, and two clones that still draw a crowd. We are STACKED.

What this park needs is to get more shows, build a dark ride, and get a cohesive theme together. Right now the theme of the park is "PROFIT" From outrageous parking fees to coasters slapped with advertisements or giant banners, the magic of the place has really gone downhill in the past 8 years. The park was on the right track finally when Golden Kingdom and Plaza del Carnival were built. It became about the experience again and thats why people will spend thousands of dollars to go to Disney, Universal, and Busch. When the focus became the bottom line, they lost the power of escape that lures families in.

It is a crime that we have 3 unique show venues sitting closed and unused, 3 park sections closed and empty, and only 2 water rides (one of which is a shell of its former self.) If more attention was paid to the experience, then the premium prices could be justified. The park should strive to be well rounded. Right now its tilted way in the extreme of the rides. If we want to run with the big dogs, we need to be on their level.

Fill in the gaps, put on some shows, and make it memorable again. That's all I want.

#28 palmer

palmer

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 01:06 PM

^I'm cool with the new flat, but if we can get a new water ride, a new dark ride, brand new shows, a revival of some of the dead areas of the park, and perhaps a token coaster the park gets every couple years, I'd be content with that.

palmerbanner2_zpsf9fb5348.jpg
I should probably warn you guys that I make long posts... 
2010 & 2014 Coaster Draft Champion

#29 Sluggo77

Sluggo77

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:15 PM

Not to copy CP but what if GL got new trains. We've got floor less so how bout Kumba style trains. It would give us the looper we lost and a much better ride. We could add at least one flat if not more to go with it.

#30 RC98

RC98

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 11:21 PM

^ I agree with that. Right now GL is my least favorite "big" coaster in the park because the standing up gives me pain in my feet. Giving it sit down trains would put it ahead of Superman and Batman for me. I think if they did that plus the justice league dark ride next year and made the back half of boardwalk into DC universe that it would be good.
My YouTube Account: http://www.youtube.c...rCoasterRider98
Total Coasters Ridden: 100

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users