129 replies to this topic

#31 KGCoasterproductions

KGCoasterproductions

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 09:03 AM

I really doubt that they will add Sit down trains to GL. It would be way to similar to Bizarro. I am afraid GL is remaining a stand up for much longer. 

#32 nitro4ever

nitro4ever

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 11:40 AM

Would sit-down trains really make Green Lantern that much better anyway? They may reduce the issue of peoples legs hurting, but I wouldn't be surprised if sit-down trains came with a whole assortment of issues that no one even thought about especially since Green Lantern is designed as a stand up.

#33 Christian

Christian

I'm kind of a big deal

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 01:30 PM

GL will be a stand up forever. Changing to sit down trains serves no purpose with Medusa and Nitro in the park.

Dive Machine or bust

There was a dream that was GADV Online...

#34 Jason

Jason

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 10:47 AM

^ I agree with that. Right now GL is my least favorite "big" coaster in the park because the standing up gives me pain in my feet. Giving it sit down trains would put it ahead of Superman and Batman for me. I think if they did that plus the justice league dark ride next year and made the back half of boardwalk into DC universe that it would be good.

The problem with making half the boardwalk DC Universe just doesn't make sense to me. DC Universe at Magic Mountain is a great place with tons of themed rides.  Putting that here would just be 2 coasters, with Bizarro and 2 Batman rides not included.  It's kind of odd. 

30k3uyq.jpg

@spikedudej    #TeamMissPanda

#35 RC98

RC98

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 03:38 PM

^ It's sort of odd but to me the back part of Boardwalk already is DC with the two coasters there so you may as well call it what it is. IMO those coasters plus the dark ride would be enough. 2 popular coasters and a high level family ride would be more than what Plaza del Carnaval and Golden Kingdom have, and both of those sections are fine.
My YouTube Account: http://www.youtube.c...rCoasterRider98
Total Coasters Ridden: 100

#36 palmer

palmer

Nitro

• Members
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 06:06 AM

Dive Machine or bust

I can agree the only real plausible B&M the park should add is a Dive Machine. I'm still looking for the park to steer away from B&M, but we all know that the park will probably be leaning towards something B&M if they choose to build a coaster in the coming year(s).

As for the idea of GL going Floorless/seated, not only would it not happen, but why would you want it? Just makes very little sense to renovate the trains like that.

Now, just spitballing here, but would RMC ever build a standalone Iron Horse? Like not renovate a woodie for it? Listen, we can all agree that RMC has really put their name on the map. But I wouldn't be surprised in the next few years to see the company to add to their arsenal (woodies and Iron Horse renovations). Perhaps, if the chain continues to leech itself to RMC, we could see GADV get a new model (which may not be ideal gathering how unsuccessful we have been with prototypes), or perhaps the first straight up Iron Horse built from scratch.
palmerbanner2_zpsf9fb5348.jpg
I should probably warn you guys that I make long posts... 
2010 & 2014 Coaster Draft Champion

#37 RC98

RC98

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 10:16 AM

^ Right now I won't ride GL anymore because standing up on it gives me foot pain for the whole ride to the point where I can't even enjoy it. And if you don't position the "seat" the right way... I'll leave it at that. Sit down trains would make it way better.

A ground up iron horse would be cool, a RMC is the coaster I'd most like to see come to the park.
My YouTube Account: http://www.youtube.c...rCoasterRider98
Total Coasters Ridden: 100

#38 KGCoasterproductions

KGCoasterproductions

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 10:16 AM

I say RMC or Premier launch custom. Does anyone think a dive machine is actually a candidate? one hasn't been added to the chain yet so i wonder if we could b the first. 

#39 palmer

palmer

Nitro

• Members
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 11:32 PM

Premier won't make a custom, besides the capacity rate is subpar, especially for the park. It's not worth it
palmerbanner2_zpsf9fb5348.jpg
I should probably warn you guys that I make long posts... 
2010 & 2014 Coaster Draft Champion

#40 YoungPup

YoungPup

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 12:06 PM

As for the idea of GL going Floorless/seated, not only would it not happen, but why would you want it? Just makes very little sense to renovate the trains like that.

Because the ride layout is awesome, but the trains ruin it.

#41 KGCoasterproductions

KGCoasterproductions

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 02:48 PM

Because the ride layout is awesome, but the trains ruin it.

yes the layout is awesome but putting floorless trains would make the ride to similar to bizarro don't you agree?

#42 Sluggo77

Sluggo77

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:12 PM

Yes floorless doesn't make sense that's why I was thinking sit down Like Kumba. It gives us back a sit down looper and would improve GL.

#43 KGCoasterproductions

KGCoasterproductions

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:06 PM

^either way its too like bizarro

#44 Sluggo77

Sluggo77

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 09:39 AM

^To me it's two different rides all together and even if it did feel similar wouldn't it be better than what GL is currently. Maybe add some sort of tunnel or two to change the feel as well. If they put new trains and we got another good ride altogether that would be a pretty good year imo.

#45 Mkj3322

Mkj3322

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 07:28 PM

I truly am the only person who enjoys Green Lantern as a stand-up coaster and feels that it is smooth as most B&M's aren't I?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users