• This topic is locked This topic is locked
129 replies to this topic

#46 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,186 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 10:18 PM

Some days I feel like it runs really smooth and other times it is so bad I don't even re-ride if there is no wait. I think maybe some rows are worse than others.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#47 YoungPup

YoungPup

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 09:48 PM

yes the layout is awesome but putting floorless trains would make the ride to similar to bizarro don't you agree?

Like Sluggo said, put regular sit down cars on it. I would do laps on that ride if it weren't standing up. 

Also, what does Green Lantern have to do with standing up? 

#48 KGCoasterproductions

KGCoasterproductions

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 11:08 AM

yes the layout is awesome but putting floorless trains would make the ride to similar to bizarro don't you agree?

Like Sluggo said, put regular sit down cars on it. I would do laps on that ride if it weren't standing up. 

Also, what does Green Lantern have to do with standing up? 

The whole idea is to "Stand up to your fear" which is talking about his enemy Parallax which is why the loop is yellow. I say leave GL a standup.

#49 RC98

RC98

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 03:46 PM

^ I see where you are coming from, and I'm all for theme/uniqueness, but the problem with GL is that standing up makes the ride worse rather than better since it's painful to the point that it takes away from the ride. That's why I'd rather see sit down trains on it since it would be a better ride and still be different enough from other rides.
My YouTube Account: http://www.youtube.c...rCoasterRider98
Total Coasters Ridden: 100

#50 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,186 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:11 PM

It they could somehow reconfigure the station to have 2 sets of loading areas, they could maybe run 1 sitdown train and 1 stand up train if the ride could be reprogrammed. That way those who like the standup trains can still ride the coaster that way and everyone else who finds it painful can ride the coaster with sitdown trains.

There is a Togo in Japan that runs both standup and sitdown trains

8fs1o0008pgfaf160e5t0j.jpg

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#51 NitroKaMedusaMachine

NitroKaMedusaMachine

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:55 PM

It they could somehow reconfigure the station to have 2 sets of loading areas, they could maybe run 1 sitdown train and 1 stand up train if the ride could be reprogrammed. That way those who like the standup trains can still ride the coaster that way and everyone else who finds it painful can ride the coaster with sitdown trains.

I don't think copying an idea from Togo ends well in any situation. I say just leave GL as is. Mantis needed to be converted because it was almost un-rideable as a stand-up and wasn't bringing in riders because of it. Green Lantern isn't quite at that level and it always has some sort of line when I go there.
Green Lantern: a suitable replacement, but will never be the same. RIP GASM.

#52 KGCoasterproductions

KGCoasterproductions

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:12 PM

I agree^ LEAVE GL AS IT IS! 

#53 Christian

Christian

I'm kind of a big deal

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:02 PM

I don't think copying an idea from Togo ends well in any situation. I say just leave GL as is. Mantis needed to be converted because it was almost un-rideable as a stand-up and wasn't bringing in riders because of it. Green Lantern isn't quite at that level and it always has some sort of line when I go there.

Dear god imagine the mass confusion between the lines. You're giving the GP way too much credit in terms of common sense, it would just be a giant mess of "I WANTED THE STANDY ONE!!!" and people shoving around to get the one they want.

No thanks, leave the stand up trains for now. While I'm no fan of the ride type, the public still seems to like it. Though I'd much rather get rid of Superman and GL and have one better coaster built in their spot. 

There was a dream that was GADV Online...

#54 CycloneRacer

CycloneRacer

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 02:28 AM

According to Screamcape.com, the park has been spending a lot of time cleaning up the "Old Country" section of the park that has been closed since 2007. The Music Express is gone, Autobahn is looking "bright and shiny", and the area is clean with new fences up. Perhaps something new is in the works to revive this section of the park in the future. Elsewhere, the Chimps are said to have been removed from the closed Safari section and Fort Independence is closed, with plywood now covering up the gates.

#55 KK456

KK456

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 02:23 PM

^That's been known for a while. (Screamscape is late :D ) It is very likely though that something will go into that section of the park in the future.

#56 CycloneRacer

CycloneRacer

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 02:36 AM

It would appear a lot of surveying is now going on in the area between the Water Tower and the Picnic Grove. There are also a lot of trees being marked and stakes in the ground. Apparently this area, coupled with the fence in the Old Country, is being marked out for something.

#57 Jason

Jason

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 06:24 AM

^What trees are being marked? 

30k3uyq.jpg

@spikedudej    #TeamMissPanda

#58 NitroKaMedusaMachine

NitroKaMedusaMachine

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 11:13 AM

From Screamscape:

"A series of photos posted to the "Six Flags Great Adventure Insider Updates" shows off not only the park's new El Diablo super loop under construction, but some Surveyor equipment elsewhere in the park which apparently is somewhere between the water tower and the Picnic Grove.
This is where things get interesting however, as one rumor for 2016 coming to light suggests that the park may be planning on adding their own B&M Launched Wing Coaster, similar in Holiday World's Thunderbird. According to the rumor, one line of thought may be to somehow reuse the old Chiller station structure for the new coaster (it's wide enough, as it did used to hold two side-by-side launched coasters) and maybe even have the coaster launch out and through the old Observatory structure, which is also still standing, with the rest of the layout running somewhere between here and the water tower area and back."
Green Lantern: a suitable replacement, but will never be the same. RIP GASM.

#59 CycloneRacer

CycloneRacer

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 12:41 PM

If by chance a new wooden coaster may be going into the picnic grove area, do you think they might convert the pavilion into the station? Its certainly long enough and wide enough, and it would save them some money.

#60 Sluggo77

Sluggo77

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 05:38 PM

Why not another dual launch out of chillers station. The park knows that chiller is missed. Batman vs. Superman?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users