2016 Speculation

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
129 replies to this topic

#76 KK456

KK456

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 09:22 AM

I got an email from the advisory panel yesterday asking for my opinion on a concept they were considering for 2016. I'm not going to say what it is, but it is similar to what has recently been added to another SF park. I wasn't surprised at all, its something we have speculated on too. I may post a link to the survey later. It is indeed a coaster, and some of you will be impressed, some will be indifferent, and some will be dissapointed

#77 koasterkid2

koasterkid2

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 12:52 PM

I got an email from the advisory panel yesterday asking for my opinion on a concept they were considering for 2016. I'm not going to say what it is, but it is similar to what has recently been added to another SF park. I wasn't surprised at all, its something we have speculated on too. I may post a link to the survey later. It is indeed a coaster, and some of you will be impressed, some will be indifferent, and some will be dissapointed

Yeah, an S&S 4D Free Fly Coaster, It's not top secret. The capacity is pathetic and not right for GADV. What they need is a Launched (Or regular) Wing Coaster to re open old country. 

#78 KK456

KK456

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 01:47 PM

^I agree about the capacity part, it's actually what I wrote down on the survey

EDIT: For anyone that wants to see it for themselves, check out the survey here. I can confirm that this survey is the same for all parks (even SFFT haha) so they are most likely testing the waters and seeing where one of these rides would be the best fit.

#79 Christian

Christian

I'm kind of a big deal

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 05:25 PM

Both of our new additions in the past 2 years have terrible capacity. I wouldn't rule anything out on that alone. Remember, it just needs to draw people to the park.

There was a dream that was GADV Online...

#80 NitroKaMedusaMachine

NitroKaMedusaMachine

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 05:54 PM

I shutter at the thought of us getting an S&S free fly. I'm tired of this company treating their biggest moneymaker like a lower tier park. That would be a great addition to Six Flags America or The Great Escape. Not at Great Adventure.
Green Lantern: a suitable replacement, but will never be the same. RIP GASM.

#81 YoungPup

YoungPup

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 01:12 PM

I shutter at the thought of us getting an S&S free fly. I'm tired of this company treating their biggest moneymaker like a lower tier park. That would be a great addition to Six Flags America or The Great Escape. Not at Great Adventure.

Completely agree. Give us a new original ride, not a just a 20 foot taller clone of a ride that doesn't look fun at all (Unless you think neckaches and flipping are fun) 

#82 CalebT

CalebT

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:33 AM

#83 Christian

Christian

I'm kind of a big deal

• Retired Admin
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:24 PM

Completely agree. Give us a new original ride, not a just a 20 foot taller clone of a ride that doesn't look fun at all (Unless you think neckaches and flipping are fun) 

By that logic you must hate Kingda Ka

#84 NitroKaMedusaMachine

NitroKaMedusaMachine

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 11:21 AM

From Screamscape:

"New surveys have gone out for some Six Flags parks, including one that mentions what appears to be a custom coaster creation taylor made for taking over the old Chiller station area at Six Flags Great Adventure. The way it has been described to me, it appears like a single station ride, but would feature two launch zones, and could possibly be from Premier Rides. The coaster would over the old Chiller station and observatory structure area, as well as venture out into the Old Country area where they would locate a set of interlocking dive loops. Much like Twisted Colossus, it sounds like the coaster would enter the second launched zone in time to launch out at the same time and race/duel against the train launching from the first zone, including some similar interwoven inversions like Twisted Colossus.
It may be possible that this coaster could also be a B&M Wing coaster, as another ride idea was pitched for the same general area called KRYPT, described as the worlds first dueling-winged rollercoaster that would soar around the Movietown section of the park.
Meanwhile another more generic concept pitched for the park was for another 4D Free Fly coaster that would feature special effects to thurst you into a totally immersive high-speed adventure called Cataclysm."

While there's still mention of the free fly, the original survey that asked about it went to all parks including Fiesta Texas. This new survey apparently mentioned the Chiller station and Old Country which would make it more specific to Great Adventure.
Green Lantern: a suitable replacement, but will never be the same. RIP GASM.

#85 Christian

Christian

I'm kind of a big deal

• Retired Admin
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 04:23 PM

I hope this is true. I've wanted a unique launcher for a long time, and the park already has the necessary utility setup in that area from Chiller.

Ka and Toro have proven that these kind of innovative and exciting rides will draw people from all over the country just to ride it.

#86 palmer

palmer

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 05:18 PM

First rumors of a GCI/RMC to replace Rolling Thunder as the second woodie, then a possible launching winger, then a S&S Free-Fly, then another B&M winger rumor, now a Premier launcher.  Jesus, we have a laundry list of coaster rumors, which is a good problem to have I guess.  I'm just waiting for the inevitable Dive Machine rumor to make its way to the surface.

Hearing the Premier rumor has finally brought me some hope.  From what we have heard in speculation, I'm banking on this new rumor.  A custom would be huge, especially one that is not B&M and one that can help revive the backend of Movietown.  The dual-launch idea seems interesting, but as much I want to have that cool dueling-like experience that Screamscape compared to Twisted Colossus with, I am totally content with one launch.  Granted that its capacity is questionable, but it seems evident that the rumor runs along the same line as to what SFMM has with Full Throttle, which has been successful enough to help draw their park some more attention.  

Looking into the KRYPT rumor, to me that name brings a Fright Fest theme rather than a coaster theme (or another ride, Screamscape worded it awkwardly).  I can see the theme of a crypt working in Chiller's station, where the inside part of the queue and the station can be themed as creepy underground burial site.  I think a winged coaster could work there, but I'd rather have another option to choose from, especially with the possibility of the custom launcher.  

palmerbanner2_zpsf9fb5348.jpg
I should probably warn you guys that I make long posts... 
2010 & 2014 Coaster Draft Champion

#87 Raptor

Raptor

The Dark Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 11:33 PM

To be honest after seeing that survey I got kind of depressed. I don't really want an S&S ride but more like a Premier Launch Coaster such as Full Throttle. In my opinion we should get an intense coaster but I have a bad feeling in my stomach that we are getting a S&S 4D.

#88 YoungPup

YoungPup

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 01:07 PM

To be honest after seeing that survey I got kind of depressed. I don't really want an S&S ride but more like a Premier Launch Coaster such as Full Throttle. In my opinion we should get an intense coaster but I have a bad feeling in my stomach that we are getting a S&S 4D.

Totally agree, I don't want a S&S, I want a real coaster. I want us to get a Full Throttle type ride so badly! 

#89 Raptor

Raptor

The Dark Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 03:24 PM

Totally agree, I don't want a S&S, I want a real coaster. I want us to get a Full Throttle type ride so badly! 

Yea, but I guess we have to wait until the announcement at the end of August. A wing rider would be nice I guess, I doubt that an Iron Horse treatment will happen on Rolling Thunder anytime soon unfortunately. I want a Full Throttle clone very badly, or something else insane from Premier Rides. If we don't get anything new coaster related for 2016 then I'm probably going to just lose hope for Six Flags in general.

#90 palmer

palmer

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:35 PM

The likelihood of an S&S FreeStyle is growing significantly each passing day. I won't say that we can push our chips in for it, but with the repaint of the Grandstand and removal of the old stage and Fort Independance, a big enough area to accommodate a compact coaster like that, we could easily see that spot getting the rumored coaster. Apparently there are rumors that if the park were to get the S&S, there would either be dual stations or a moving station system to keep the line moving. The removals, however, don't mean jack until we see the official announcement; Rolling Thunder got chopped and we didn't see anything in place immediately.

As for the ride itself, I'm still up in the air about it. Low capacity would not help the park and I've heard some concerning reviews about the ride experience. It is a different style (translation: not B&M) and does provide a little diversity. Total Mayhem, although somewhat bland in name, does resemble a Full Throttle-esque feel, meaning it has enough originality that the park could use (excluding SORA, last ride to not be cloned or have chain-wide theming was El Toro). I think it is clear that the park is getting a coaster next year, more likely than not with the name Total Mayhem; the question is not will it be a coaster, but instead what type of coaster
palmerbanner2_zpsf9fb5348.jpg
I should probably warn you guys that I make long posts... 
2010 & 2014 Coaster Draft Champion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users