129 replies to this topic

#91 Christian

Christian

I'm kind of a big deal

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 02:07 AM

GADV's been getting the shaft on additions for years so the rest of the chain could catch up to what we already had. We added 8 world class rides between 1995 and 2006. Now that everyone else has gotten Wingriders, launchers, and new woodies, it should finally be our turn for a big one (or big ones).

I will say that I'll be disappointed if Cedar Point announces a Dive Machine. They really are an awesome ride experience that we dropped the ball on adding numerous times if they get it first.

2011 was our last "major" coaster and even that was a relocation. It sucks that when I want to ride something new and exciting, I have to drive to Hershey or Busch Gardens as they are constantly investing in high quality thrills.

There was a dream that was GADV Online...

#92 KK456

KK456

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 04:29 PM

^I can't express how much I agree with this post. I want a really high-quality ride, and I don't want to complain, but I really don't want an S&S Free Spin though that's the most likely addition thus far.

#93 Raptor

Raptor

The Dark Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 08:58 PM

I know an S&S may be likely but we deserve better. We deserve a record breaker coaster that tells everyone we are one of the best parks in the Six Flags chain.

#94 UltraCode

UltraCode

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 02:05 PM

Hi everyone! I'm knew here and my roller coaster knowledge is relatively new, so sorry if I'm not so smart as everyone else on this thread is. I do agree that we deserve better than an S&S. However, I've seen that people have complained that we deserve a new roller coaster. Now we are most likely going to get one and people are complaining about what it is. I say that we should be happy about the end of our roller coaster drought. We will eventually get our B&M Dive Machine or a non-B&M quality coaster.

#95 Christian

Christian

I'm kind of a big deal

• Retired Admin
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 03:27 PM

I know an S&S may be likely but we deserve better. We deserve a record breaker coaster that tells everyone we are one of the best parks in the Six Flags chain.

Not necessarily a record breaker, we just need something BIG to fill in the dead space in the park, which there is a lot of lately. While I wasn't a huge fan of the dolphin shows, the fact that we have to tear something down to put something up seems ludicrous considering all of the space in Rolling Thunder's spot,mthe old Balin's Jungleland/Temple of the Tiger space, and all of Old Country/Movietown.

I sincerely hope that they have a 5 year plan to address those areas, but something inside me says that the company is watching expenses to be more attractive to sell itself or be acquired by another company in the next few years.

#96 Raptor

Raptor

The Dark Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 10:11 AM

Not necessarily a record breaker, we just need something BIG to fill in the dead space in the park, which there is a lot of lately. While I wasn't a huge fan of the dolphin shows, the fact that we have to tear something down to put something up seems ludicrous considering all of the space in Rolling Thunder's spot,mthe old Balin's Jungleland/Temple of the Tiger space, and all of Old Country/Movietown.

I sincerely hope that they have a 5 year plan to address those areas, but something inside me says that the company is watching expenses to be more attractive to sell itself or be acquired by another company in the next few years.

I'm going to say that I do want a Dive Machine or a Wing Rider. I think either of those would fit the park nicely.

#97 UltraCode

UltraCode

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 02:54 PM

I would love to see a Dive Machine put on the lake. That way there is some life to the park past the Flash Pass station

#98 palmer

palmer

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 03:41 PM

I would love to see a Dive Machine put on the lake. That way there is some life to the park past the Flash Pass station

We won't see a Dive Machine.  That rumor has been churning through the mill for years and has produced little to no progress towards actually happening.  While Cedar Point is rumored to get one next year and it could help our cause, we won't get one next season.  As for the life behind the Flash Pass station, I believe that, with the removal of Fort Independence, signs are pointing towards whatever coaster addition going there, which will certainly bring life back to that area.  But as Christian said, there are plenty of other areas, specific ones that are blatantly open for construction, that could accommodate new addition(s).  Sure, an area that needs attention is getting attention, but it is far more costly than it would be if it were placed in Chiller's spot/Old Country or in Rolling Thunder's space, past El Diablo.  

palmerbanner2_zpsf9fb5348.jpg
I should probably warn you guys that I make long posts... 
2010 & 2014 Coaster Draft Champion

#99 Christian

Christian

I'm kind of a big deal

• Retired Admin
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 12:53 PM

Don't we have enough B&Ms? I would love a new out and back woodie from GCI or Gravity Group. But I think the age of traditional woodies is coming to a close.

#100 KK456

KK456

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 03:38 PM

^Not necessarily. It's just that old wooden coasters are no longer being preserved/maintained because RMC can just come in and completely change it. But yes, wooden coasters are much less common than they used to be

#101 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,186 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 05:35 PM

Don't we have enough B&Ms? I would love a new out and back woodie from GCI or Gravity Group. But I think the age of traditional woodies is coming to a close.

I wouldn't mind seeing a traditional wooden coaster as a replacement for Rolling Thunder. I know the park has Skull Mountain, The Dark Knight and Runaway Mine Train for tamer coasters but it would be good to see something more intense than those coasters and still tamer than the B&M coasters, Kingda Ka and El Toro.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#102 Christian

Christian

I'm kind of a big deal

• Retired Admin
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 02:52 AM

One of the issues is that wooden track maintenance is probably higher and the park already spends a fortune on keeping Ka operating.

If we were to get a new family offering, I'd rather get a Gerstlauer spinner. Or even something like Laff Trakk

#103 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,186 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 12:11 PM

That's what I was originally hoping The Dark Knight would be since at the time except for the spinning mouse at Steel Pier there were no spinners near by and it would have been nice to see something at the park no one else had within hours rather than a standard wild mouse (not that I don't like The Dark Knight, it's just something that so many parks around here already had).

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#104 CycloneRacer

CycloneRacer

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 03:43 PM

I was sort of hoping for an 'oversized' Mack Spinning Coaster capable of eight four seater cars (instead of the usual four). Riders ether face one another or sit back-to-back. The spin can either be controlled using non-connecting magnets on the track or a free-spinning movement.

#105 Christian

Christian

I'm kind of a big deal

• Retired Admin
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 11:29 PM

^Yeah, I'd like to see a larger and longer version of something like Sierra Sidewinder. It would be a good mid-range coaster that everyone could enjoy.

2nm95lc00000a0o8ef0002.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users