2016 Speculation

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
129 replies to this topic

#106 KK456

KK456

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 06:15 PM

Not related to the speculation exactly but I got a survey today  that asks you to rate how familiar you are with comic super villains and how much you'd like to see them as future attractions. Some of them were Marvel characters! I'll link if anyone is interested.

#107 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,186 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 08:26 PM

I find that interesting that they would even mention Marvel characters unless it was just to see if people were familiar with them or to throw people off. With Disney owning Marvel and Universal still holding the rights to the characters for theme parks (east of the Mississippi?), it seems like Marvel attractions would never happen.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#108 Christian

Christian

I'm kind of a big deal

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 08:33 PM

Superhero theming is a cop out and I wish they would be more original. Plus original themes don't require licensing deals

There was a dream that was GADV Online...

#109 palmer

palmer

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 04:01 PM

Superhero theming is a cop out and I wish they would be more original. Plus original themes don't require licensing deals

Reading between the lines, you mean Jersey Devil

palmerbanner2_zpsf9fb5348.jpg
I should probably warn you guys that I make long posts... 
2010 & 2014 Coaster Draft Champion

#110 Christian

Christian

I'm kind of a big deal

• Retired Admin
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 10:45 PM

^Which is what Green Lantern should have been to begin with

#111 in4nolink

in4nolink

el force

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 11:03 PM

Christian I totally agree with you...
With that being said, as far as 2016 goes I really would be disappointed if we got a "total mayhem" copy cat of a 4d coaster for 2016. I mean I would be more satisfied with a justice league shooter in the old sponge bob building then that. I would like a GIGA or a B&M dive or even a wing launcher..... But realistically I'd settle for a custom Rocky Mountain coaster thru the woods near the log flume. Great Adventure has the land and the natural fog to pull off such a masterpiece. It's just a shame IMO for a park that is capable of handling 3 million plus a year to go for such a lack luster ride that I would expect to find at Dorney Park (respectively) Whatever they have planned in the future I'm almost positive that the dolphin arena coming down has nothing to do with 2016, I'd like to be proven wrong otherwise. There's just to much unused land to spend money on a land where an arena once stood. Something over a mile long is coming, it may not be 2016 but it's definitely something worth use of an "100 acre solar panel worth". It's been since 2008 this park has spent 7.5 million on a attraction. Nothing else has cost that much since on a single ride. Perhaps maybe a maverick type launched ride in the future?

#112 Christian

Christian

I'm kind of a big deal

• Retired Admin
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 02:07 AM

After the company left bankruptcy, it really went on tear adding big expensive rides to other parks in the chain. We haven't seen a huge investment because we still have Ka eating up probably a good amount of budget every year just to run it.

I think it's time though. Green Lantern has started to fade and Zumanjaro is a one and done type of attraction. 

I think Jack Nicholson put it the best:

#113 Kingda R

Kingda R

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 10:20 AM

Aside from the total disappointment I would have if it is a Free Fly coaster, think about capacity as well.  This ride would be such a loss as far as capacity goes and thrill seeking, rides like this are not appealing to me.  Its time we get a brand new big time coaster, yes I am on the wing rider train and would love to see that happen, but something like what the rumors are suggesting just seems boring.  I saw Green Lantern in Magic Mountain and was not impressed to where I even wanted to ride it.  Just my opinion, especially if they are going to tear down the Grandstand and Fort Independence, I'd rather keep those two landmarks and add new shows than an S&S 4D.

#114 Mkj3322

Mkj3322

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 09:40 PM

I'm kind of curious what all the hype is over getting a wing coaster. We have b&m rides that have almost all the same elements. I could be wrong, but I also heard that they are somewhat boring. Not referring to just reviews online but also family members who have rode one. Keep in mind we're not going to get theming like the swarm or other big wing coasters so that takes out some of the excitement. We have an impressive b&m collection but I think it's time to give some other companies a shot.

#115 Raptor

Raptor

The Dark Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 09:50 PM

Here is a video I came across with an Interview with the Communications Director of Six Flags Great Adventure, who describes next years attraction to be "Big" and "Thrilling". It's a coaster, I can tell. And the video also showed the entire Fort Independence area and the entire Lake Grandstand area completely fenced off. The area itself is enough for X2 at Magic Mountain to fix in the spot perfectly.

Here is the video:

https://www.youtube....h?v=waDIDkgfsNo

#116 molargorilla846

molargorilla846

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 02:44 PM

Christian I totally agree with you...
With that being said, as far as 2016 goes I really would be disappointed if we got a "total mayhem" copy cat of a 4d coaster for 2016. I mean I would be more satisfied with a justice league shooter in the old sponge bob building then that. I would like a GIGA or a B&M dive or even a wing launcher..... But realistically I'd settle for a custom Rocky Mountain coaster thru the woods near the log flume. Great Adventure has the land and the natural fog to pull off such a masterpiece. It's just a shame IMO for a park that is capable of handling 3 million plus a year to go for such a lack luster ride that I would expect to find at Dorney Park (respectively) Whatever they have planned in the future I'm almost positive that the dolphin arena coming down has nothing to do with 2016, I'd like to be proven wrong otherwise. There's just to much unused land to spend money on a land where an arena once stood. Something over a mile long is coming, it may not be 2016 but it's definitely something worth use of an "100 acre solar panel worth". It's been since 2008 this park has spent 7.5 million on a attraction. Nothing else has cost that much since on a single ride. Perhaps maybe a maverick type launched ride in the future?

Isn't the sold spongebob building occupied during fright fest? If it is, then we would lose Total Darkness and The Manor

#117 palmer

palmer

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 05:57 PM

^Fright Fest trails are only temporary.  Why waste an open simulator building solely for a trail used for a month and a half?  That same question also goes for the old Batman arena, Chiller's station, and the Showcase Theatre that occasionally hosts shows.  Also, no matter how you slice it up, you always exchange something for another thing; to build a coaster, you exchange land (or whatever covers said land) for it; you utilize the old simulator building, you lose a FF attraction.

palmerbanner2_zpsf9fb5348.jpg
I should probably warn you guys that I make long posts... 
2010 & 2014 Coaster Draft Champion

#118 Christian

Christian

I'm kind of a big deal

• Retired Admin
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 12:00 PM

I'm curious to see how Fright Fest plays out this year. I wish the park would build haunt buildings like Doreny does but I can understand the hesitation with budgets and state approvals.

All of the old hayride wagons are surrounding Nitro. I thought about how cool it could be if they revived the hayride using the access road around the supports.

#119 molargorilla846

molargorilla846

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 12:55 PM

Some rumor updates I've been hearing is we are still most likely to get an S&S free spin, but longer. Ours will have 10 flips while Batman only has 6 if it comes true. One people are thinking of too is a wing coaster since X-flight is a success. I was thinking a Goliath clone from great america would fit perfect but RMC may be targeting Roar next year, so S&S may win. 

#120 Raptor

Raptor

The Dark Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 04:30 PM

Some rumor updates I've been hearing is we are still most likely to get an S&S free spin, but longer. Ours will have 10 flips while Batman only has 6 if it comes true. One people are thinking of too is a wing coaster since X-flight is a success. I was thinking a Goliath clone from great america would fit perfect but RMC may be targeting Roar next year, so S&S may win. 

That sucks man, I don't want some boring, non thrilling S&S Free Fly Coaster. We deserve better. Heck, I may argue the ride has absolutely no thrilling aspect at all, as it, well, spins. I would be happy with a Wing Rider or an RMC, of for those saying that Six Flags won't buy B&M, the rides aren't to expensive, Afterburn at Carowinds was only 10.5 million, we could easily get a decent Wingrider for 15 million. And the area fenced off by Fort Independence is too large for just an S&S Free Fly. I don't know where the free fly rumors started as the survey was fake, but whatever we are getting for 2016, I hope it isn't an S&S Free Fly. Seems like a kids first up side down coaster ride in my opinion. 

And for those saying Fort Independence might not be removed, they wouldn't fence off the whole area with the Grandstand in that case. Not to mention work has already begun with the Pool behind the aquatheater being drained, and the Pool itself in the aquatheater has been drained.

And I predict that we will probably get a coaster anyways, as the communications manager in the video said that the news for 2016 would be "big" and "thrilling".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users