2016 Speculation

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
129 replies to this topic

#121 molargorilla846

molargorilla846

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:41 AM

We are most likely to get a new coaster, they are clearing lake front and refurbishing Old country. Mostly people are focusing on lakefront since thats where most of the construction is happening. Unfortunately if a wing coaster DOES happen(Praying!!) it can't fly over the lake or dive under the terrain due to being a water source. S&S docent have a big capacity and one thing about our pack is our coasters have high capacity so the free spin would almost always have a long line

#122 Sfguy

Sfguy

GADV Elite

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 09:12 PM

It wasn't until my last trip to the park that I saw the giant fence they put up. I didn't realize how much land it blocks off.. It'll be interesting to follow the demolition and construction once it starts!

Posted Image

#123 palmer

palmer

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 11:37 PM

A little point I thought about on my trip: Whenever the park has taken down a ride recently, some part of it still stands. Chiller was removed, the lab is still standing. Rolling Thunder is gone, the track underneath El Toro and the old train storage still stand. GASM taken down, the main entrance structure and raised station are utilized for Green Lantern. Viper removed, the steeple is used for El Toro. Now I know Fort Independence is massive and the area around it is vast, but is there a possibility that any bit of the those structures remain and are used for [insert new ride here]?
palmerbanner2_zpsf9fb5348.jpg
I should probably warn you guys that I make long posts... 
2010 & 2014 Coaster Draft Champion

#124 in4nolink

in4nolink

el force

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 01:48 AM

So, almost 3 years ago I've received surveys from six flags, like the majority of us in this forum. I'd like to proudly admit three suggestions that have came to fruition that I have suggested at the end of the survey. I personally suggested Sally Corp as a reasonably dark ride experience for themed rides. I was truly inspired because of my first visit to Lake Compounce as they had a dark ride that was rememberable, even before hand being in Universal Studios in Orlando. Little do we know, the Justice League dark rides are from no other then Sally Corp. I've also suggested in the survey that the corporation offer exclusive season passes for those willing to pay extra for parking country wide within the chain at a discounted price...(e.g. GOLD PASS), which I've got from Cedar Fair. Also I recommended the chain offer a season long food pass that's family friendly at a discounted price an idea that I have also got from Busch Gardens. The point is, I recommended another idea exclusively just for Great Adventure... and knowing that they have listened to myself and possibly many others from the previous suggestions. I truthfully encourage on the survey a legitimate reason to place a Giga Coaster within Great Adventure.....
The crazy part was, I suggested the area near Fort Independence as the building ground, along the lake shore and thru the log flume (as I have personally walked thru the sandy area myself one year for Freight Fest as an attraction) I thought it would be a perfect effect for natural fog, like Nitro does at night thru October. It should be interesting.

#125 KK456

KK456

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 12:12 PM

^lol I've done it before too when I was younger, but I wasn't that specific. If this comes true then you're a psychic!

#126 CycloneRacer

CycloneRacer

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 02:42 PM

As a footnote pertaining to the article on Great Adventure's proposed plans that were supposedly leaked of us getting a hotel replacing Fort Independence, I wrote a letter to management way back in 2006 suggesting that a hotel and conference center be built right along the shores of the lake themed to a tropical vacation paradise get-a-way. The area I suggested, however, was an area of unused shoreline on the other side of the lake behind the log flume. It would have fake palm trees, a tiki bar (similar to Martell's Tiki Bar at Point Pleasant), a sandy beach for swimming and possibly even a wave machine for surfing completions, similar to Walt Disney Worlds giant wave machine at Lake Polynesian and later at Typhoon Lagoon. As for the part about us getting that lush sandy beach and swimming, not sure if that's even possible today due to NJ's strict wetland regulations currently enforced.

P.S. Scroll all the way down to bottom. Not too bad for a fake wave, huh?

http://grown-up-disn...as-wave-machine

#127 KGCoasterproductions

KGCoasterproductions

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 08:33 AM

I have a good feeling that the new coaster will not b named total mayhem…If you look on the fright fest site for gadv ull see a new territory called total mayhem…now i don't see why they wud make a territory that name and want to name there new ride for the next year the same

#128 njdevl9500

njdevl9500

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 08:24 PM

I was just looking at the demo pics. I really hope we aren't getting a free spin. Thats prime waterfront property that will go to waste with a 4D free spin plopped on it. This park management has no imagination.

#129 Raptor

Raptor

The Dark Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 10:17 PM

Free Spins are basically Wild Mouse coasters on steroids. I don't want a coaster like that in our park.

#130 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 09:56 AM

Now that the ride has been announcement, please continue the discussion in the new thread:
http://www.gadv.com/...am-coming-2016/

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users