Photo

El Diablo(Formerly Looping Dragon) Coming 2015!

69 replies to this topic

#31 AndrewM

AndrewM

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:00 PM

Hey Everyone! New here. I'm on greatadventurehistory.com. I've always followed gadv but I never created an account til now.

But I too signed the petition. Ive been ranting on facebook, instagram, any website I can to express how I feel about this "Looping Dragon" I'm sorry but you led us to believe it was going to be something more, you're mocking the general public by calling it a roller coaster, and you gave it the absolute worst name ever. I like Georgia's theme and how they are actually adding another attraction. I personally would love to see a tilt-a-whirl or some other flats to compliment this ride.

And I'm mad that we weren't one of the first parks to get a Justice League dark ride. We've been missing our simulator for almost 5 years now. The last indoor ride we got was a general public failure.. even though I love the Dark Knight Coaster lol.

#32 palmer

palmer

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 03:45 PM

^Im gonna completely ignore the whole top part because I personally believe it is ludicrous to make a petition to not call a ride a roller coaster. Do I believe it's a coaster? Hell no. Do I care? Not really. ITS JUST A GODDAMN RIDE IT MEANS NOTHING BUT REALLY A STAT ON THE SHEETS. I don't think the ride is the best addition but it's a flat, which we need, no rides are being removed (and to Youngpup's space argument, no matter how you slice it, land will be lost because we can't build rides magically without losing space), and it's better than not having an attraction added at all, or losing one for that matter. I am completely done with talking about that topic. Ever.

The second part I'm willing to side with you on. We have a deficiency in dark rides and the Justice League addition would be great. Although we didn't get it first, something tells me this might get cloned next year and beyond. While I hope to god we get a coaster next year, I wouldn't be (entirely) pissed about getting the dark ride. It could also lead Boardwalk into a change of theme since SUF and GL are two of the three rides in the area. I'd keep my fingers crossed for the Justice League dark ride
palmerbanner2_zpsf9fb5348.jpg
I should probably warn you guys that I make long posts... 
2010 & 2014 Coaster Draft Champion

#33 AndrewM

AndrewM

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 06:45 PM

^the petition isn't JUST about the fact they are referring to the ride as a roller coaster. But that is a part of it. Do I personally think GA is gonna magically cancel their plans to build LP and add something else? No. But signing a petition is doing more than nothing. People were outraged by Skyscreamer and they made it bigger. Who knows what could happen. I'd rather try than just argue over these forums.

#34 Kaiser

Kaiser

Batman

• Admin
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 07:08 PM

^The money has to come from somewhere. Instead of getting a new Dead Man's Party stage, they made SkyScreamer taller.

I see a lot of people complaining that you can find this ride at a carnival. You can find any flat ride at a carnival. 

sig_kaiser.png

#35 AndrewM

AndrewM

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:12 PM

Well no offense to Dead Man's Party, but SkyScreamer is open the whole season not just for a month and a half.

And regarding the two new attractions for Fright Fest, aren't they still gonna upcharge these?

#36 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 11:26 PM

Probably, it seems like the only non upcharge is the Lakefront trail.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#37 Kaiser

Kaiser

Batman

• Admin
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 11:58 PM

Probably, it seems like the only non upcharge is the Lakefront trail.

Yeah... about that.........

sig_kaiser.png

#38 Cygnus12

Cygnus12

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:50 AM

I see a lot of people complaining that you can find this ride at a carnival. You can find any flat ride at a carnival. 

Yep. Even Sky Screamer has 100 foot tall versions that pop up at fairs quite a bit.

TheDoD3.com - 3x more thrilling than your favorite ride!

#39 YoungPup

YoungPup

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 06:49 PM

^Im gonna completely ignore the whole top part because I personally believe it is ludicrous to make a petition to not call a ride a roller coaster. 

Obviously didn't read my petition. It being called a coaster is a part of why everyones mad, but everyone is also mad about how Six flags scammed our park, the biggest theme park in the world, by making those fake hints, hinting towards namtab and then giving us this garbage ride. The petition that we'd rather have a cleaner park, and Holiday In The Park, than this ride. And no, they probably won't cancel this ride, but they could see that the GP wants them to clean up their park, and wants HITP, and give it to us.

#40 Jason

Jason

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:15 PM

^We can't necessarily assume we're not getting Batman backwards if they didn't announce it.  I think we should just wait and see.   

30k3uyq.jpg

@spikedudej    #TeamMissPanda

#41 AndrewM

AndrewM

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:38 PM

if we do get Batman Backwards they need to at least repaint it first and spruce up the scenery. Add some new themed elements behind the wired fences. That was always my favorite part of Batman was really believing you were in Gotham when waiting for the ride. And then add a new soundtrack to when you are going up the stairs (because that water dropping effect they have gets on my nerves if the line is long), and add some fans in there! A little TLC could turn the ride into a whole new attraction.

#42 YoungPup

YoungPup

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:47 PM

that water dropping effect they have gets on my nerves if the line is long

If I had to be in there for more than 5 minutes, I'd go nuts.

#43 AndrewM

AndrewM

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:29 PM

its like one of those torture methods they used to use dropping water on someones forhead for hours. I tink it would be cool if they had a good 15-20 minute different soundtrack so you don't hear the same thing while waiting... Have Alfred talk about finding the batcave, have the Gotham City Police talk about villains that are causing havoc in gotham. Have the joker interrupt the broadcast to tell jokes and talk about tons of irrelevant things, have the riddler ask everyone in line some riddles then pause (like in Dora the Explorer lol) before giving the answer, talk about Bruce Wayne having some sort of banquet to raise charity for the Gotham City Orphanage. Idk these are just things coming to my mind.. but it would be wayyyyy more interesting that the sounds of water drops.

And if GA says they don't have enough money to hire voice actors to record it then I will happily do it for free!

#44 YoungPup

YoungPup

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:37 PM

its like one of those torture methods they used to use dropping water on someones forhead for hours. 

My brother always says that when we have to wait in that tunnel

#45 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:29 PM

They should also add some air conditioning or fans to the tunnel. I can't imagine how brutal it must be to wait in there when it is full on a 90+ degree day with high humidity. Same thing with the pre-show room at TDK.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users