Photo

El Diablo(Formerly Looping Dragon) Coming 2015!

69 replies to this topic

#46 YoungPup

YoungPup

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 11:51 PM

They should also add some air conditioning or fans to the tunnel. I can't imagine how brutal it must be to wait in there when it is full on a 90+ degree day with high humidity. Same thing with the pre-show room at TDK.

It's like heaven walking out of the pre-show room XD

#47 Kaiser

Kaiser

Batman

• Admin
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:54 AM

They should also add some air conditioning or fans to the tunnel. I can't imagine how brutal it must be to wait in there when it is full on a 90+ degree day with high humidity. Same thing with the pre-show room at TDK.

Every time I have to wait in the stairwell, someone always farts!

sig_kaiser.png

#48 YoungPup

YoungPup

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:54 PM

Every time I have to wait in the stairwell, someone always farts!

XD

#49 Mangar

Mangar

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:43 PM

It's not a good addition at all. It's a single loop. Why would I go on this 70FT loop when I can go over the Green Lantern and go on a 120FT loop.

Because Green Lantern is a terrible coaster that is painful for anyone who's nuts have dropped?

With that said: The differences Palmer mentioned come from last year. Where I said outright, that removing a classic wooden coaster in Rolling Thunder for a drop ride was a moronic decision. The consensus here however, was that they were clearly removing it to add some "major" coaster/attraction in 2015, and I was obviously wrong in not recognizing this. My view was simply that any opinion  based on tarot cards/crystal ball predictions and not on what was actually happening - Was stupid. So here we are in 2015, and instead of a major attraction - Great Adventure is getting a new flat ride, and nothing more. A classic Wooden Coaster for two flats... Not the best of trades....

The reason why I find this to be a good addition, is because I'm not stupid. I never expected anthing last year, beyond the simple drop ride they added. Which is why I thought it was bad tradeoff. This year however, they are adding a flat ride without removing ANYTHING. Judged PURELY on that, it's a good addition. I can see no scenario where adding a ride, and removing nothing is bad. I think all of us agree that the park needs flat rides. It's probably the one thing that nobody on these forums disagrees with me on - Well they added one, and removed nothing. So how is that bad?

Side Note: The petition thing is dumb.

Mangar
Lucid Vision

#50 Kingda R

Kingda R

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:46 AM

While I will admit I am disappointed at not receiving a new coaster for next year, my main gripe with Looping Dragon is how its being marketed.  It is not a roller coaster and I only wish the park would not advertise it as such.  I am sure it will be a great flat addition but that's what it is, a ride...not a coaster.  I don't think we should petition anything because to me that is a slap in the park's face to say don't give us a new ride we sort of need (flat wise).  If you are to petition anything, petition how its being marketed/advertised/sold to the public.

#51 Christian

Christian

I'm kind of a big deal

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 01:03 AM

The park needs more flats.

This is technically a flat.

Do I wish we were getting more? Of course I do. The park still has a lot of areas to revitalize and add to and I'm kind of bummed that we're not getting a new water ride or other supplemental rides around the park.

I'm glad to see something going into that closed Golden Kingdom area, it will force them to reopen the best looking area of the park and do something with it. The fact that it has sat closed off for as long as it has is depressing. 

Still on the Movietown revamp bandwagon though. We're now on Year 9 waiting for that one.

There was a dream that was GADV Online...

#52 VaCoasterfan

VaCoasterfan

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:12 PM

So apparently the park has renamed Looping Dragon, to El Diablo. This name seems like a better fit for the ride now since it will now be placed in Plaza Del Carnaval instead of the Golden Kingdom

http://www.nj.com/me..._coaster_r.html

#53 palmer

palmer

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:56 PM

The rename is just bandaid on the bullet wound of what has transpired. I like the name, but I fear it kinda blows the chance of ever having the Jersey Devil name for a coaster in the future
palmerbanner2_zpsf9fb5348.jpg
I should probably warn you guys that I make long posts... 
2010 & 2014 Coaster Draft Champion

#54 DiveMachine

DiveMachine

El Diablo Loco

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:17 PM

The new logo:
-6b7c86e83606852f.jpg
(Courtesy of NJ.com)
DiveMachine- Moderator/G.O.A.T. at Gadv.com

#55 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,186 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 11:22 PM

I like the name a lot more than Looping Dragon. I was going to say that it's good to see it in Plaza Del Carnval since there are only 2 rides in that section now but it's the same with the Golden Kingdom unless you count Splash Water Oasis.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#56 Christian

Christian

I'm kind of a big deal

• Retired Admin
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:30 AM

Something big must be on tap for Golden Kingdom then is what I draw from this.

#57 Kaiser

Kaiser

Batman

• Admin
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 03:18 PM

Something big must be on tap for Golden Kingdom then is what I draw from this.

Hopefully, yes, but I wouldn't necessarily think it has to be big, just in the way.

sig_kaiser.png

#58 KGCoasterproductions

KGCoasterproductions

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:19 PM

What could possibly go in the GK? We did just add Zumanjaro too. I would love to see a ride start from where ka and zaros lines start.

#59 Christian

Christian

I'm kind of a big deal

• Retired Admin
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 02:08 AM

Nothing should go in GK, GK has the biggest draw in the park already. However a quick rename to fit another area seems as though that something is destined for the GK area.

Still waiting on something for Movietown though.

#60 coasterchitchat

coasterchitchat

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:13 AM

El Diablo is completed. 

http://allamericanth...?start=32#12132

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users