Photo
- - - - -

Fright Fest 2014

fright fest 2014 halloween dead mans party ghoulmaster zombies ghouls ghoulmasters ghosts trails haunt

33 replies to this topic

#1 Jason

Jason

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 03:26 PM

Fright Fest is just a couple of weeks away and we gotta start talking about it to get our mind off of next year's addition.   From the website:

Fright Fest is open weekends from September 20 - November 2 plus Fridays in October and Monday, October 13 (Columbus Day).  Check the calendar for hours!

Thrills By Day

• Six Flags Spooktacular Street Party - Street dance party featuring Halloween hits. You’re the star of the show!

• Paw & DisOrder - Animal antics ensue as we patrol the streets with our furry and feathery friends in search of the stolen pink diamond. Join the detective crew in this zany “who done it!”

• Sea Lion Scary Tales - Join our flippered friends for this Halloween-themed sea lion adventure.

• The Spooky Kooky Magic Show  - Magic show for kids of all ages!

• Doc Snooker’s Halloween Time Machine - Go back in time with hilarious Doc Snooker to reincarnate some of Halloween’s most notorious characters.

• You Otter Know - Get to know our adorable Asian small-clawed otters and meet sea lion pup Kona, just born this summer!

• Trick-or-Treat Trail—Kids can trick-or-treat and meet their favorite characters! 

Fright By Night

After 6 pm, the festival transitions to “fright by night” as nearly 200 zombies are released into the park. This fall, the debut of Crop Circles will terrorize guests with an alien scarecrow theme. Terror trail favorites like Total Darkness presented by 3 MUSKETEERS® Brand, a blackout maze, Voodoo Island, Asylum presented by Dunkin' Donuts®, Wasteland presented by MILKY WAY® Brand and The Manor presented by göt2b® will return to terrorize guests. In total, Six Flags will offer six haunted walk-throughs and four scare zones. 

Nighttime shows, known as “monstertainment,” will include the return of the iconic Dead Man’s Party presented by McDonald's®, Ghoulmaster’s Ghosts presented by TWIX® Brand, The Awakening, Circus of Thrills presented by DOVE® Chocolate and more.  Terror trails require an additional fee, while all scare zones and monstertainment are included with park admission. 

------------------------------------------------------

FOUR THINGS! 

1)  Construction is starting around the park.  These were taken last Friday.  A facade is going up in the Lakefront area, I believe this is a pirates themed area.

EDIT: The Lakefront area will be location of the new trail this year, Crop Circles.  They are using the same facade as the pirates facade, and retheming it to a farm. (See bottom picture) 

5320w2.jpg

2gty983.jpg

1zg3tzd.jpg

2rqgaxk.jpg

This picture taken today for Crop Circles:

10538473_10204823792221122_1527673596_n.

2)  This looks like it might be Ghoulmaster's final year at Fright Fest.  So make sure you go see him in the Awakening and Ghoulmaster's Ghosts shows this year.  He has been the icon for Fright Fest for a while now and it will be sad to see him go.  I don't think anyone can replace him and his awesomeness, so next year should be interesting to see what they try to do.  

21npi7q.jpg

3)  There will be no more "Dead Man's Party: Guest List" show.  They will have the classic "Dead Man's Party" show with some adjustments.  

4) This is an interesting one. Just 3 days ago, the PR Supervisor at Great Adventure (Kaitlyn Turi) changed her personal Twitter account to fake information about a recently hired security guard at Six Flags with the name of Kim Teasler.  The picture is of Kaitlyn in a security guard uniform.  It's definitely strange.  Below are some screenshots of her account and tweets.  Great Adventure's twitter account has retweeted this new account.  

20rvbie.png

doqqed.png

ou5bms.png

In this most recent tweet, I was starting to catch on that with all this weird stuff going on (and a name like Teasler), I could easily see this being a teaser Twitter for Fright Fest information.  So I played along and here's that:
152gx9f.png

The "so far" makes me think she'll start seeing some weird stuff happening on her overnight shifts soon!!!  Could this be an account to tease general Fright Fest stuff, or will this be a storyline-driven campaign to market the new Fright Fest trail? What do you guys think?   Check out her account yourself! 

Well that's all I have about Fright Fest news...for now. 

30k3uyq.jpg

@spikedudej    #TeamMissPanda

#2 ThuSense

ThuSense

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 02:32 PM

Thanks for the Fright Fest info. Does anyone have a price chart for FF tix and trails? I can't seem to find it on the GA website. I'm a new season pass holder (hope others got in on the special deal this past weekend), and know I can get a trail free and bring a friend for $9.99 on Fri Oct 9. I caught a glimpse of a FF sign at the park but was distracted running around with kids and forgot to stop by for more info. I prob won't make it back b4 FF begins and need to plan a bit. How much are trails? Are trails the only additional FF cost since admission includes everything else?

#3 acq10uaz

acq10uaz

Superman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 03:18 PM

Is she the one who always #hashtags #random #things on Great Adventure's #social #media accounts? #Thursdays 

#4 Kaiser

Kaiser

Batman

• Admin
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 05:01 PM

Is she the one who always #hashtags #random #things on Great Adventure's #social #media accounts? #Thursdays 

#Yes zach, you are #correct.

sig_kaiser.png

#5 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 05:08 PM

Thanks for the Fright Fest info. Does anyone have a price chart for FF tix and trails? I can't seem to find it on the GA website. I'm a new season pass holder (hope others got in on the special deal this past weekend), and know I can get a trail free and bring a friend for $9.99 on Fri Oct 9. I caught a glimpse of a FF sign at the park but was distracted running around with kids and forgot to stop by for more info. I prob won't make it back b4 FF begins and need to plan a bit. How much are trails? Are trails the only additional FF cost since admission includes everything else?

IMG_5492_zpsb89ab028.jpg

Last year I think it was $8 - $10 for 1 trail so the season pass rates good for the entire time Fright Fest is running is a much better deal.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#6 Kaiser

Kaiser

Batman

• Admin
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:35 PM

Keep in mind those are pre-sale ticket prices! The person selling them didn't know how long those prices will last, but I assume they'll go up once Fright Fest starts.

sig_kaiser.png

#7 ThuSense

ThuSense

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 06:34 PM

Thanks, Yoshi and Kaiser. Helpful info.

#8 Jason

Jason

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 10:29 PM

Cobwebs are starting to make their ways around the park and some more stuff for Fright Fest prep.  Dead Man's Party was rehearsing in Showcase Theater yesterday and I'm pumped for it.  2 more weeks to go!!!  

Dead Man's Party stage is set up:

wlf3op.jpg

Props near the Dead Man's Party stage:

2dtsmpt.jpg

25as1o9.jpg

Fountain stuff:

214tgrn.jpg

25tgdfm.jpg

2605yrp.jpg

30k3uyq.jpg

@spikedudej    #TeamMissPanda

#9 YoungPup

YoungPup

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 05:23 PM

Well it looks like SF got even cheaper, because they're no longer giving 1 free haunted attraction to Season Pass Holders. That REALLY sucks

#10 joeyc98

joeyc98

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 09:40 PM

Well it looks like SF got even cheaper, because they're no longer giving 1 free haunted attraction to Season Pass Holders. That REALLY sucks

No, they are?...

Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 Geek

#11 YoungPup

YoungPup

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:28 PM

No, they are?...

My sister found a paper that advertises it (That she got at the beginning of the season) but if you go on the online season pass coupon things, it's not there. So where are you seeing them advertising it? 

#12 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:40 PM

It's advertised on the signs outside the park. You can see a picture of the sign here (2nd row of pictures):
http://www.greatadve..._2014_08_07.htm

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#13 UknowtheCD

UknowtheCD

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 11:23 AM

Anyone know how much it is for season passholders/members to add pass the line for the houses for one night? We're going for one night only. Saw online where we could buy the whole season for $40 but wanted to see if it's cheaper to get the houses for $15 and then add on, or if it's the same. Any help is appreciated!

#14 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 02:16 PM

It was $12 last year
http://s1179.photobu...811011.jpg.html
Although it might be different this year.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#15 YoungPup

YoungPup

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 04:21 PM

It makes me so mad that they houses aren't included. Only park I know who charges for admission and the houses.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fright fest, 2014, halloween, dead mans party, ghoulmaster, zombies, ghouls, ghoulmasters ghosts, trails, haunt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users