Fright Fest is just a couple of weeks away and we gotta start talking about it to get our mind off of next year's addition. From the website:
Fright Fest is open weekends from September 20 - November 2 plus Fridays in October and Monday, October 13 (Columbus Day). Check the calendar for hours!
Thrills By Day
• Six Flags Spooktacular Street Party - Street dance party featuring Halloween hits. You’re the star of the show!
• Paw & DisOrder - Animal antics ensue as we patrol the streets with our furry and feathery friends in search of the stolen pink diamond. Join the detective crew in this zany “who done it!”
• Sea Lion Scary Tales - Join our flippered friends for this Halloween-themed sea lion adventure.
• The Spooky Kooky Magic Show - Magic show for kids of all ages!
• Doc Snooker’s Halloween Time Machine - Go back in time with hilarious Doc Snooker to reincarnate some of Halloween’s most notorious characters.
• You Otter Know - Get to know our adorable Asian small-clawed otters and meet sea lion pup Kona, just born this summer!
• Trick-or-Treat Trail—Kids can trick-or-treat and meet their favorite characters!
Fright By Night
After 6 pm, the festival transitions to “fright by night” as nearly 200 zombies are released into the park. This fall, the debut of Crop Circles will terrorize guests with an alien scarecrow theme. Terror trail favorites like Total Darkness presented by 3 MUSKETEERS® Brand, a blackout maze, Voodoo Island, Asylum presented by Dunkin' Donuts®, Wasteland presented by MILKY WAY® Brand and The Manor presented by göt2b® will return to terrorize guests. In total, Six Flags will offer six haunted walk-throughs and four scare zones.
Nighttime shows, known as “monstertainment,” will include the return of the iconic Dead Man’s Party presented by McDonald's®, Ghoulmaster’s Ghosts presented by TWIX® Brand, The Awakening, Circus of Thrills presented by DOVE® Chocolate and more. Terror trails require an additional fee, while all scare zones and monstertainment are included with park admission.
1) Construction is starting around the park. These were taken last Friday. A facade is going up in the Lakefront area,
I believe this is a pirates themed area.
EDIT: The Lakefront area will be location of the new trail this year, Crop Circles. They are using the same facade as the pirates facade, and retheming it to a farm. (See bottom picture)
This picture taken today for Crop Circles:
2) This looks like it might be Ghoulmaster's final year at Fright Fest. So make sure you go see him in the Awakening and Ghoulmaster's Ghosts shows this year. He has been the icon for Fright Fest for a while now and it will be sad to see him go. I don't think anyone can replace him and his awesomeness, so next year should be interesting to see what they try to do.
3) There will be no more "Dead Man's Party: Guest List" show. They will have the classic "Dead Man's Party" show with some adjustments.
4) This is an interesting one. Just 3 days ago, the PR Supervisor at Great Adventure (Kaitlyn Turi) changed her personal Twitter account to fake information about a recently hired security guard at Six Flags with the name of Kim Teasler. The picture is of Kaitlyn in a security guard uniform. It's definitely strange. Below are some screenshots of her account and tweets. Great Adventure's twitter account has retweeted this new account.