Photo
- - - - -

Fright Fest 2014

fright fest 2014 halloween dead mans party ghoulmaster zombies ghouls ghoulmasters ghosts trails haunt

33 replies to this topic

#16 joeyc98

joeyc98

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 04:47 PM

Halloween Horror Nights charges the same way i believe..

Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 Geek

#17 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,184 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 12:50 AM

They charge separate admission for the event at night and once you are in the houses are included. Some other parks like Carowinds, Knotts and California's Great America also do that. They are open until 6 for regular admission and passholders. Then they reopen at 7 for their Halloween event and you have to pay to get in even if you were there during the day and season passes aren't honored for admission.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#18 Kaiser

Kaiser

Batman

• Admin
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:55 AM

Here are the prices for this year. Can you no longer pay for a single trail?

IYv4IJ9.jpg

sig_kaiser.png

#19 Christian

Christian

I'm kind of a big deal

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 01:24 PM

They charge separate admission for the event at night and once you are in the houses are included. Some other parks like Carowinds, Knotts and California's Great America also do that. They are open until 6 for regular admission and passholders. Then they reopen at 7 for their Halloween event and you have to pay to get in even if you were there during the day and season passes aren't honored for admission.

Correct! Anyone who is in the park with a HHN ticket is corralled into a fenced of section to wait until the park is clear of non-ticketed guests. They were smart and brought a snack cart in to the area while we waited. Took about an hour to be released.

I don't see GADV ever doing it like that. They make so much money on the massive amounts of people in the park that it'd be stupid to kick out half of them. It'd probably cause a riot...again.

Charging for trails is probably the only way they can do anything close to what Horror Nights does. Now if only the event was as good as horror nights, id have no problem paying for stuff.

If you want a quality Halloween event with everything included, go to Haunt at Dorney. Their trails and atmosphere are awesome.

#20 YoungPup

YoungPup

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 02:45 PM

Speaking of different parks, does anybody have any idea why Knoebels almost always gets on The Golden Ticket Award's list for Best Halloween Event? I've never been to Knoebels in October, but am probably going to go this year.

#21 Mangar

Mangar

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 06:57 PM

This is accurate.

I go to HHN almost every year. I really enjoy it, and consider it one of, if not the absolute best Halloween Event involving haunted houses anywhere in the country. This is the first year I'm not attending in a very long time (Bought a house on the water in Long Branch, NJ - So I'm being fiscally responsible) and I'm not happy about it. In contrast, Fright Fest which I can drive to in 15 minutes, *AND* I get almost free because of my friends in corporate - I avoid like the plague. It's not even the fact that the houses/trails are lame in comparison to other things in the area. I still go to the Keansburg Boardwalk, and ride the "Spook House" which outside of a historical/nostalgic interpreation really don't hold up. It's more that Fright Fest as an event, revolves solely around packing as MANY people into the park as possible, and then having them fend for themselves. Which leads to 3-4 hour lines in many cases, which is just not feasible for what is essentially an half day event.

While I generally dislike any form of upcharges, in this case - I get it. Limiting access based on finance, is about the only way under their current setup that they can ensure people have access to the attractions. I'd even argue that they are being much to generous. 40$ for Front of the Line Access? If the trails/houses didn't suck I'd absolutely jump on this. If they offered this in HHN in Orlando, I'd pay immediately, hop on a plane, and spend the week enjoying it. I really wish they would do a LEGIT Halloween event, kick people out, and then charge to get back in like Universal. It would allow much more themeing and Halloween atmosphere, and probably improve access to the Halloween rides they do have. Typical Six Flags Fail......

Mangar
Lucid Vision

#22 YoungPup

YoungPup

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 07:11 PM

I really wish they would do a LEGIT Halloween event, kick people out, and then charge to get back in like Universal. It would allow much more themeing and Halloween atmosphere, and probably improve access to the Halloween rides they do have. Typical Six Flags Fail......

Or they could just make admission $25 higher, and the houses could be free

#23 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,184 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 07:46 PM

Speaking of different parks, does anybody have any idea why Knoebels almost always gets on The Golden Ticket Award's list for Best Halloween Event? I've never been to Knoebels in October, but am probably going to go this year.

They probably get Best Halloween event because of Phoneix Phall Phunfest. It's a 1 day enthusiast event and they get people from all over the US attending and it's likely many of the voters attend the event. It's only in the last few years that they have had a Halloween event that lasts for a few weeks.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#24 joeyc98

joeyc98

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 08:50 PM

Honestly, I went to Fright Fest on Saturday opening night at 9; and while it was crowded, it was not as bad as I was expecting, especially considering 1. The GREAT deal for 40$ all of fright fest scare pass and 2. The crowds dispersed throughout the rest of the night so much so we didn't need the scare pass for Voodoo Island OR Wasteland. Plus, we walked right on both Skull Mountain and Runaway Mine Train which was an added bonus to a night where we were not expecting to ride any rides at all.

Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 Geek

#25 nyrangers123456

nyrangers123456

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 11:33 PM

I ended up going to Fright Fest as well on Saturday with a friend around 8pm. The park was packed but yet it seemed like a lot of people were leaving when I arrived. I first checked out Dead Mans party, which was good then to my surprise we were able to get a walk on at batman. After that we headed over to Nitro which had about a 30 minute wait so we skipped it and headed over to Bizzaro which was about a 10 minute wait. After that we went over to El Toro which also was about a 10 minute wait around 10:30 pm and to Zumanjaro which was a walk on at about 11:10 pm. Before leaving the park we had the free pass for one trail so we checked out the new trail Crop Circles. I must say it was probably one of the worst trails I have ever been through at Fright Fest. The decorations throughout was pretty much corn stalks, some fog, and a few lame props (small hanging UFO and a van).The lack of actors throughout the entire trail really mad it bad, I do give the ones that were there credit though they were able to scare my friend a few times towards the end. I really wish they would have kept the lake front trail free cause it just seems like they are trying to make a quick buck at something that in my opinion is now worse compared to when it was free. I wish they would only have 2-3 trails that they put a lot of focus on rather then having a bunch of trails that they cant afford to stock with actors. 

#26 YoungPup

YoungPup

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 12:10 PM

we checked out the new trail Crop Circles. I must say it was probably one of the worst trails I have ever been through at Fright Fest. The decorations throughout was pretty much corn stalks, some fog, and a few lame props (small hanging UFO and a van).The lack of actors throughout the entire trail really mad it bad.

Maybe it just sucked when you went, because when I went (Sunday) it was the best trail there. There were a bunch of actors, and had the best atmosphere out of all the houses/trails there.

#27 Jason

Jason

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:04 PM

When I went on Opening Night, I thought Crop Circles was boring. It was literally just corn stalks, fog, lights, and UFO.  Very few actors.  

30k3uyq.jpg

@spikedudej    #TeamMissPanda

#28 ThuSense

ThuSense

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 07:45 PM

I just returned from Universal Orlando yesterday. I had the best time at HHN and almost lost my voice from screaming!!!!! Unfortunately my 12 yr old DD was too scared of even the scare zones for us to stay past dark the first night. I returned the next two nights with just adults. I'd go again if I can justify the cost but unlikely.

We live an hour away from GA, so at least we have FF. DD is looking forward to going to FF with a couple friends who will help build her courage and maybe shield her from some scares. Is FF ok for 12 year olds? I have 2 sons ages 10 & 8. Will FF be ok for them?

I'm guessing it's not nearly as scary as HHN. Am I wrong? We couldn't even leave Universal without going through a scare zone. How scary are the GA scare zones and is there a non- scary path to leave the park if one of my kids freaks out?

Thanks, Kaiser, for the FF prices. Does anyone know if I can buy the cheapest pass and upgrade to another pass if I end up liking FF enough to come back?

#29 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,184 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:37 PM

You can avoid the scare zones at Great Adventure unless you want to go to a certain ride in a scare zone. The scare zones are in the Boardwalk and Frontier Adventures and there are also usually scare actors in Movie Town but you can go through the arcade to avoid them. There also are usually some scare actors in the front of the park in the fountain area and you can walk through the Looney Tunes Shoppe on the right to exit the park and avoid them.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#30 Sluggo77

Sluggo77

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 06:44 AM

Are the scare zones and actors there all day or does ff start at a certain time like after sunset. Basically asking that if someone went during the day could they avoid it all together? For kids that could be another option.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fright fest, 2014, halloween, dead mans party, ghoulmaster, zombies, ghouls, ghoulmasters ghosts, trails, haunt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users