Photo
- - - - -

Fright Fest 2014

fright fest 2014 halloween dead mans party ghoulmaster zombies ghouls ghoulmasters ghosts trails haunt

33 replies to this topic

#31 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 09:22 AM

The scare actors don't show up until 6.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#32 ThuSense

ThuSense

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:04 PM

Thanks again, Yoshi, for the helpful tips.

#33 Mangar

Mangar

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 04:51 PM

I just returned from Universal Orlando yesterday. I had the best time at HHN and almost lost my voice from screaming!!!!! Unfortunately my 12 yr old DD was too scared of even the scare zones for us to stay past dark the first night. I returned the next two nights with just adults. I'd go again if I can justify the cost but unlikely.

We live an hour away from GA, so at least we have FF. DD is looking forward to going to FF with a couple friends who will help build her courage and maybe shield her from some scares. Is FF ok for 12 year olds? I have 2 sons ages 10 & 8. Will FF be ok for them?

I'm guessing it's not nearly as scary as HHN. Am I wrong? We couldn't even leave Universal without going through a scare zone. How scary are the GA scare zones and is there a non- scary path to leave the park if one of my kids freaks out?

Thanks, Kaiser, for the FF prices. Does anyone know if I can buy the cheapest pass and upgrade to another pass if I end up liking FF enough to come back?

You really can't compare Halloween Horror Nights to Fright Fest. HHN was created for adults. The humour at the shows is aimed at them, the houses are designed with adults in mind, and it wasn't too long ago that there were scantily clad shot girls walking up and down the line. (Much toned down now, as the level of drunkenness bothered some Universal executives who witnessed it first hand) HHN is also a premiere event, with a huge budget, and meticulously planned and designed to scare you. No other Theme Park haunt compares, much less Fright Fest. With that said..

Your kids will be fine in the park itself during Fright Fest. Nothing in the park is "Scary," and certainly nothing like at HHN. The houses and trails.... While they won't compare at all favourably to HHN, there may be a jump scare or two that would frighten a child. It really depends on their tolerance for such things, which only a parent can properly gauge. I remember going to the Philadelphia Penitentiary haunted event (A really good haunted house, that anyone within an hour should take the time and visit if they haven't) with a female friend of mine and her 12 year old, and he was totally able to handle it. While a 14 year old cousin of mine was absolutely NOT able too....

I'll be in Key West for Halloween again as usual, but debating a quick trip to Orlando. HHN is just that good....

Mangar
Lucid Vision

#34 ThuSense

ThuSense

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:58 PM

Hangar, yeah, I agree HHN is that good.... If I were in the same state as HHN, I don't think I would be able to resist attending. It was my first time but hear from others it's the best it's been in years.

I know it's not fair to compare HHN to FF. And each child will respond differently, so I'll need to judge for myself. I am glad to hear that the park itself will not be scary. Thx for the helpful feedback.

And, Yoshi, thanx for the tips and shortcuts to avoid scare zones. I can use those if a child is too nervous at first to go through. It's a relief to have that option so all kids can enjoy the park at the same time with or without FF stuff. I guess I keep wanting to test their limits but don't want to traumatize anyone.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fright fest, 2014, halloween, dead mans party, ghoulmaster, zombies, ghouls, ghoulmasters ghosts, trails, haunt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users