9/3/14

4 replies to this topic

#1 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:20 PM

When I saw park was going to be open Tuesday and Wednesday after Labor Day, I was hoping I could get there one of those 2 days since I went on the Tuesday after Labor Day last year and it was empty. Just like last year, today had very low crowds.

I got to the park around 2:30 and driving past Hurricane Harbor, it didn't look too crowded and Hurricane Mountain was closed.

I saw Superman had a crane near it with neither train in the station. On the closed rides board, besides Superman, Saw Mill Log Flume, Congo Rapids and Runaway Mine Train were listed.

Nitro was first with the A and B train running. It was a station wait and was a great ride as usual. I walked around for another ride and then went to The Dark Knight since I saw the pre-show door was open. It was very uncomfortable in the pre-show room because of how hot it was and since there was no one waiting after the first ride, I was able to get a re-ride.

I skipped Batman for now and went to Skull Mountain getting 4 rides just having to change seats twice and stopped at Blackbeard's since they were loading the train.

The Flash Pass booth was closed and this is the first time I have been to the park since getting a season pass and not seeing Flash Pass being used at all not counting season pass nights. Normally even when the park isn't crowded at all, they still offer Flash Pass for the few people that want to use it.

I went to the Tea Cups on the way to the other side of the park and saw the Log Flume was drained with no ride vehicles in the station so it might be done for the season.

Bizarro was running 2 trains with the fire working and Auger of Doom mist working. I got a re-ride and went to Kingda Ka. There were 2 trains running with a 2 train wait for any row except the front. They were having problems with the restraints which took a couple of extra minutes. Someone working at Bizarro said Runaway Mine Train was closed to make it smoother and if it is having track work done, I wonder if it will be closed the rest of the season.

Ever since Zumanjaro was announced I was unsure if I was going to try it or not and decided to go for it since with low crowds, I wouldn't be standing in line thinking about the ride. There was about a 2 minute wait and I got gondola 3. The restraints were very comfortable and while climbing the tower, it didn't seem as scary as I was expecting. The drop also wasn't as intense as I was expecting which was ok since it was still a very fun ride. I walked around for another ride again getting gondola 3. I think it was a very good addition to the park and helps round out the park's non coaster ride collection.

I went back to Kingda Ka for another ride again with a 2 train wait and then to El Toro which had no wait except for the front row and last car.

Walking back to the other side of the park I went to Deja Vu and to Batman which had a completely empty station so I went for the front row. Even though I could have re-ridden, 1 ride was enough with how intense it is.

I finished the day at Nitro getting 4 rides in a row including 1 front row ride.

It was great that the park was open these extra days and I was glad to be able to get so many rides in.

IMG_5708_zps0d455b37.jpg

Crane near Superman

IMG_5709_zpsdde6f359.jpg

IMG_5710_zpsa38cc1fa.jpg

IMG_5712_zps55108e46.jpg

IMG_5715_zpsa394ffb4.jpg

Flash Pass closed

IMG_5717_zps3637b536.jpg

Zumanjaro's line

IMG_5720_zpsa05c9063.jpg

IMG_5721_zpsf75089bc.jpg

Going up

IMG_5722_zpsf12e18fc.jpg

At the top

IMG_5723_zps9cc789f5.jpg

Falling

IMG_5724_zpsd2de0477.jpg

IMG_5725_zps444a488f.jpg

El Toro's line

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#2 Cygnus12

Cygnus12

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 01:31 PM

Nice TR. I was there on Wednesday as well; one of the best trips to SF I can remember with basically no lines. I also saw that HH was pretty empty while driving in and was kicking myself that I didn't come earlier to hit the waterpark before heading to the amusement park. Noted for next year, I guess.

TheDoD3.com - 3x more thrilling than your favorite ride!

#3 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 10:06 PM

Thanks, I agree it did look like a good day to go to Hurricane Harbor. If I had gotten there earlier, I would have tried to go to both parks.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#4 KingdaKaRuler05

KingdaKaRuler05

You're Gonna Go Far, Kid.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 11:04 PM

Nice pictures dude. I haven't been able to get to the park this year, so they helped bridge the gap a little bit in my absence. Glad you liked the new drop ride. How would you say it compared to Dominator at Dorney? Does the additional height really add much more of a thrill factor, along with the fact that it's attached to Kingda Ka? Just curious. 

Hoping to get out there this fall despite it being FF, it's such a nice time of year to be in the park. 

-KKR05

#5 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 11:20 PM

I thought Zumanjaro was a lot better than Dominator. The drop on Dominator feels a lot shorter compared to Zumanjaro and was a little more thrilling but not too intense. The view from the top is amazing and since all the cars are facing the same way, all seats have a good view compared to Dominator where if you get a side facing Demon Drop and the Log Flume, there isn't much to see. Being attached to Kingda Ka didn't really seem to matter much but if they can get both rides to run at the same time next year, I would think it would make it better seeing a Kingda Ka train going up and down the top hat while riding Zumanjaro.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users