Fright Fest Opening Day 9/20/14

1 reply to this topic

#1 Kaiser

Kaiser

Batman

• Admin
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 07:34 PM

Great Adventure's Fright Fest has begun again! I visited the park with Jason and Rob to check out this year's Dead Man's Party and Ghoulmaster's Ghosts shows. (They're my favorite!)

This was honestly the best opening weekend for Fright Fest that I've been to; you couldn't even tell it was the first day.

This year, they've gotten rid of the Guest List show, returning to only the "classic/original" Dead Man's Party show, but with a few changes.

Both Dead Man's Party and Ghoulmaster's Ghosts are fantastic this year. #TeamMissPanda

Times:

The Awakening is at 6pm.

DMP runs shows at 6:15, 7:45, 9:15, and on Fri/Sat: 10:45

GMG runs shows at 6:45, 8:15, 9:45, and on Fri/Sat: 11:15

The Manor and Total Darkness open at 5:30 on Fri, 2pm on Sat/Sun

Other trails all open at "Dusk"..

I arrived at the park around 3:20pm. It took 35minutes to park; the entire road from the parking entrance booth to the actual lot entrance was bumper-to-bumper-"everybody merge now" chaos. They had another company provide plenty of parking attendants to direct traffic, but I can't decide if their absurd placement of cones and strategy for parking cars helped or hurt the process.

First, I went to see my friend Frank at the Six Flags Spooktacular Street Party. I only caught the end of it from the back, but I suppose it was... spooktacular.

Afterward, Rob and I ate at Granny's. I had Flag's Famous Chicken Strips. I love the sweet and sour sauce they have there.

I believe it was a little after 5pm, so we waited at the Dead Man's Party stage until the Awakening.

We watched the Awakening, followed by Dead Man's Party, followed by Ghoulmaster's Ghosts, followed by Dead Man's Party again.

Jason and Rob took forever to do the Crop Circles trail, while I took pictures around the park. I ran into Harry from Great Adventure History, who said he waited 40minutes for Crop circles with the Scare pass (skip the line pass).

After Rob left, Jason and I did the Asylum trail. We have the scare pass, and there was actually no one in the scare pass line despite a pretty long normal line.

We then watched Ghoulmaster's Ghosts again, then did Asylum again when we came out before heading out of the park.

The park was really crowded during the day, but it died down at night.

Alright, alright.. pictures:

edited-7571.jpg

It's Frank! Do you know who he took to the prom?

edited-7576.jpg

Ghoulmaster arrives to help awaken Dr. Fright

edited-7616.jpg

Dr. Fright himself!

edited-7617.jpg

HE HAS AWOKEN, THE TERROR OF FRIGHT FEST HAS BEGUN AGAIN!

edited-7643.jpg

He looks a little upset.. after all, he has been sleeping for almost 11 months!

edited-7656.jpg

Ghoulmaster's Ghosts take the stage for part of the Awakening. Here are 2 of the 4 new ghosts- Fooliano and Screamin' Ray Diamond.

edited-7663.jpg

Ghoulmaster and his Ghosts!

edited-7690.jpg

edited-7704.jpg

Love this shot.

edited-7720.jpg

There's just no pleasing this guy.

edited-7734.jpg

Caption this photo.

edited-7761.jpg

Hey, I can see her teeth.

edited-7828.jpg

More explosions!!

edited-7885.jpg

Yaaaaay.

edited-7978.jpg

"What did you just say?"

edited-8009.jpg

edited-8019.jpg

They converted the photo spot next to the fountain into this... chamber.. of hell.. or whatever you want to call it.

edited-8021.jpg

They're on a mission.. to cut down a tree.

edited-8024.jpg

Fancy.

edited-8032.jpg

Dippin' dots guy in the background is regretting everything about Fright Fest.

edited-8033.jpg

edited-8047.jpg

Hey, a box! Cool!

edited-8050.jpg

I know him!

edited-8051.jpg

Smile!

edited-8055.jpg

I could totally see this guy sitting like this in school/work.

edited-8059.jpg

Surely he's a dragon.

edited-8063.jpg

One last DMP show!

edited-8084.jpg

edited-8085.jpg

sig_kaiser.png

#2 YoungPup

YoungPup

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 02:32 PM

Went last night. Seemed like they put in a lot more work than they did for last year's FF. Went on The Manor, Voodoo Island, Wasteland, and Crop Circles. And Crop Circles was by far the best (And had the longest line) So it seems like they're going in the right direction with FF this year, so hopefully the 2 new houses next year, and as good as Crop Circles.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users