10/10/14

4 replies to this topic

#1 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 12:59 AM

It seems like every year the Friday of Columbus Day weekend has bad weather. This year it looked like it was going to be the same until the forecast changed at the last minute and it didn't rain the entire night.

I left to go to the park at 3:50 which should have been plenty of time but thanks to traffic on 195, it took 90 minutes to get to the park (it took me 53 minutes to get home going the same route with no traffic) and I didn't get to the park until right after 5:30.

Since I missed Kingda Ka last week, I went there first except it wasn't open yet. After waiting 10 minutes and seeing some empty trains test I decided to go to Zumanjaro instead waiting 2 cycles. When I left Zumanjaro, Kingda Ka had opened for the day right around 6:00. It took around 20 minutes from when I entered the queue until when I exited the ride even though the line wasn't that long because they were sometimes only launching 1 train in between Zumanjaro cycles.

El Toro was next with the Kia train on the tracks and not being loaded. It would have been a 3 train wait except the 4 people in front of me were trying to ride with others all in the same train and let me go ahead of them. After the ride, there were minor technical difficulties and I'm not sure how long the ride was closed for since I took the Skyway to the other side of the park. DiveMachine was working at the Dream Street station.

Nitro was a 3 train wait with 3 trains running and after I stopped to get dinner using the dining pass I went back to Nitro and the line had gotten to where the snack stand used to be. It was around 15 minutes and by the time I walked back to the entrance, the line was almost to the ride entrance although no switchbacks were being used.

Batman had fast dispatches like last week and was around 15 minutes for the front row. At the Dark Knight it was at least a 2 pre-show wait and the ride op at the entrance said it was a 10 minute wait. Maybe it was 10 minutes to get into the pre-show since the total wait time was at least 20 minutes. It was the same with Skull Mountain with the line into the cave portion of the queue.

Green Lantern's line was to the 30 minute sign and was around 15 minutes using the single rider line. From Green Lantern I saw Superman had around a 45 minute wait.

Runaway Mine Train was a station wait and I walked around for another ride and went to see Bizarro's line. The first set of switchbacks were full and it was at least 30 minutes. El Toro had almost a full queue. I hadn't ridden Tango this year yet so I stopped there with no wait and walked back to the other side of the park.

Blackbeard's had no wait so I rode twice and then tried Skull Mountain again this time waiting around 10 minutes for the last row.

I went to Nitro for the 3rd time tonight and the line was at the 60 minute sign, with the actual wait 20 minutes.

Batman's line was on the stairs and my 2nd ride of then night ended up being my 100th overall ride on Batman The Ride. The Dark Knight only had a few people waiting to get into the pre-show. In the station, I heard the ride ops say they were closing the ride and the entrance had already been closed. I thought it was strange they were closing the ride early since it was around 11:15 and it likely wasn't a mechanical issue because everyone in the station was able to ride the coaster.

I finished the trip with Skull Mountain, walking into a completely empty station except for 2 people re-riding in the middle of the train.

It was 11:30 and I wanted to take the Skyway back to Frontier Adventures to ride Bizarro and El Toro again but felt like I had enough coaster rides for the day and decided to leave.

Crowds were lower than Friday night last week with the only time lines were long being from 7:45 to 10:00.

Ride Count:

Zumanjaro, 1x

Kingda Ka, 1x

El Toro, 1x

Skyway, 1x

Nitro, 3x

Batman, 2x

Green Lantern, 1x

Runaway Mine Train, 2x

Tango, 1x

Blackbeard's, 2x

Skull Mountain, 2x

The Dark Knight, 1x

IMG_5966_zps270e9491.jpg

IMG_5967_zpsbd530f27.jpg

IMG_5969_zpsc8b30a7b.jpg

IMG_5974_zps8e95dced.jpg

IMG_5976_zps44d6365d.jpg

IMG_5977_zpsb1152e78.jpg

IMG_5991_zps0c49f2a8.jpg

IMG_5992_zpsc18e9efc.jpg

IMG_5994_zps27e7b989.jpg

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#2 Sfguy

Sfguy

GADV Elite

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 01:05 PM

Bacon funnel dog...? (Sponsored by Pepto Bismol, haa)

Sounds like it was a good night. I was considering going but couldn't make the trip up.

Posted Image

#3 Cygnus12

Cygnus12

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 04:56 PM

Yoshi, I think I may have seen you last night while waiting for El Toro. I was in line for the second to last row at around 6:30ish and remember seeing a group of people the next row up trying to figure out how to ride with each other, eventually letting a single rider behind them hop onto the train instead. I was actually going to jump into the open right seat, but decided to wait instead. After the train came back, the ride was shut down for about 5 minutes or so while a maintenance guy fiddled around with one of the seats of the Kia train while it was on the brakerun. They were loading it when my train came back, so I guess whatever was wrong was fixed.

TheDoD3.com - 3x more thrilling than your favorite ride!

#4 Jason

Jason

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 08:57 AM

I was also there on Friday night.  It usually takes me 40-60 minutes in rush hour to get there, but it took me 2 hours thanks to traffic on the Turnpike.  I completely missed the Awakening and most of the first Dead Man's Party, and I was not happy.  So I rode some rides.  I rode El Toro a few times, then went to Bizarro, and then rode Blackbeards.  I was busy seeing Ghoulmaster's Ghosts and doing trails for the rest of the night.  I left around 11 because I just wasn't feeling the usual vibe in the park that I felt the Friday before.  

30k3uyq.jpg

@spikedudej    #TeamMissPanda

#5 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 12:42 PM

It sounds like traffic was bad on both main routes to the park. If I go back to the park on a Friday again this season, I'm probably going to leave another 15 minutes earlier just in case it takes longer than expected again.

Bacon funnel dog...? (Sponsored by Pepto Bismol, haa)

Sounds like it was a good night. I was considering going but couldn't make the trip up.

Yeah I thought it was a different type of menu item. I wonder how many people actually ordered

Yoshi, I think I may have seen you last night while waiting for El Toro. I was in line for the second to last row at around 6:30ish and remember seeing a group of people the next row up trying to figure out how to ride with each other, eventually letting a single rider behind them hop onto the train instead. I was actually going to jump into the open right seat, but decided to wait instead. After the train came back, the ride was shut down for about 5 minutes or so while a maintenance guy fiddled around with one of the seats of the Kia train while it was on the brakerun. They were loading it when my train came back, so I guess whatever was wrong was fixed.

It sounds like it was when I was there. I'm glad it was only a short breakdown.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users