10/13/14

2 replies to this topic

#1 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,184 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 10:26 PM

I got to the park at around 4:30. It was raining most of the way on the drive to the park and was drizzling when I got to the park and rained on and off the entire time but was never that bad.

Since I wasn't there at opening, I waited to go to Kingda Ka and Zumanjaro and went to Nitro instead. The line was in the 1st switchback and took just under 40 minutes including a short breakdown with a train stuck on the lift.

Batman was next with about a 10 minute wait for the 2nd row and The Dark Knight was about 15 minutes total with the queue after the pre-show room almost completely full.

Skull Mountain was a station wait and Bizarro's line was in the 1st switchback. It took a little over 20 minutes. The station was so crowded, it was difficult at times to tell what row people were waiting for.

Runaway Mine Train had a 3 train wait. CHILLERC1 was working at the ride and it was nice to meet another member from the forums.

It was around 7:30 and lines were getting shorter. Green Lantern had a half empty station and I was able to ride 3 times in a row in the last row without having to change seats.

I went back to Skull Mountain waiting 1 train for the last row and went to check Nitro's line. It was almost to the switchbacks so I went back to Batman instead with a station wait and then tried Nitro again this time with the line to the 60 minute sign and it took around 20 minutes.

I haven't ridden Superman since June and went there next with a 1 train wait. It was almost 9:30 and I wanted to try to ride both Kingda Ka and Zumanjaro even though I knew that if either ride had more than a few minute wait, it would be unlikely I'd get to both rides.

I saw Kingda Ka had an almost empty station and went there first. It apparently had just reopened either from a breakdown or because of the rain that had stopped a few minutes before that. I went to row 3 since that was the closest row to the front that had no one waiting. Around 6 people went to the front row line since only 2 people were waiting and were told that they had to go to other rows since they needed a full train to dispatch the train. Even when being told multiple times to go to other rows, most people wouldn't listen and it held up the launching of the ride. When we got back to the station, the train in front had to be cleaned off because someone got sick on the ride and they decided to transfer that train off.

I got to the entrance of Zumanjaro at 9:48, which I thought would be enough time for 1 ride. There was no wait and I got on the next cycle. Since only 2 people were waiting for 1 gondola, the ride ops offered everyone a re-ride. After that cycle, there were 3 people waiting but this time they said no one could re-ride even though it was 9:58. I'm not sure what the reasoning for that was but I was glad to just get 1 ride in so I was happy with 2 rides to end the trip to the park.

IMG_5996_zps9b31a027.jpg

Later in the day, the top part of the tower was covered in fog.

IMG_5997_zps2ad66e65.jpg

This must have been from Sunday. There was also another one of these signs on the road that leads to the parking booths I guess so people could turn around and leave before paying for parking if they didn't want to deal with large crowds and then couldn't say the park didn't warn them.

IMG_6001_zpsaa2b6e97.jpg

IMG_6002_zpsada662e5.jpg

IMG_6004_zps4f84de34.jpg

IMG_6005_zps533849c6.jpg

IMG_6007_zps62ff7720.jpg

IMG_6009_zps71888da7.jpg

IMG_6008_zps3de812b8.jpg

IMG_6012_zps32d1bdd5.jpg

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#2 KGCoasterproductions

KGCoasterproductions

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 11:19 AM

Can you a do a complete review of all the mazes? 

#3 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,184 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 03:36 PM

I can't since I never go through any of the mazes or trails this year. The only time I ever went through a trail was the free one in Lakefront in 2011.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users