10/24/14

5 replies to this topic

#1 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,184 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 03:47 PM

I got to the park at around 5:15, there was no early entry again for Gold Passholders. I guess it is just not something they are going to have on Friday nights this year. Kingda Ka and El Toro were both listed on the closed rides board and I hoped that wasn't accurate since with 2 of the most popular coasters closed would mean much longer lines for everything else.

I went to Zumanjaro first thinking the line would get bad later on and was able to get on the first cycle. By the time the cycle was finished, it looked like it was already a 4 or 5 cycle wait.

Kingda Ka had reopened after that the line was just after the Flashpass merge point and the line took around 15 minutes for the last row of the 3rd car.

El Toro was next with a 2 train wait for the 5th car and Bizarro was a walk on for the last row.

Nitro's line was on the stairs and after I went back to the ride 20 minutes later after dinner, the line had gotten almost to the switchbacks and it was 30 minutes including a small breakdown with the train stopping on the lift. They were really trying to dispatch the trains fast.

Batman was around 20 minutes for the first row and like the past few weeks, the dispatches were also very fast with very little stacking. By the time I walked down the exit ramp, the line had started to fill the switchbacks after the tunnel and was into the park area.

The Dark Knight had a very short line and took 10 minutes from entering the queue to getting into the ride vehicles. I walked around for a 2nd lap when I saw the pre-show doors were open after exiting the building after the first ride. Walking past Skull Mountain, it was closed and the Skyway had opened up (it was closed at opening).

Deja Vu was a 2 cycle wait and Buccaneer had a short wait and I was able to get on the next cycle using the new middle row queue since almost everyone was in the queue for the end rows.

Blackbeard's had no wait

Skull Mountain opened again and was a 4 train wait for the last row. I walked around again waiting for the last row.

Nitro's line was now in the switchbacks so I went back to Batman riding the coaster twice, each time with a station wait.

I walked back to the other side of the park and went to Runway Mine Train riding twice with no wait.

I decided to check out Kingda Ka and Zumanajro's lines and got to Zumanjaro a little after 11:20. There was no wait and they allowed a re-ride. What I wasn't expecting to hear was that was the final ride cycle of the night since it was only around 11:35.

I thought I would try Kingda Ka again but the line was already closed. I know both Kingda Ka and Zumanjaro have been closing early even with no line so I thought I would try Superman or Green Lantern. Walking past the parachutes, they were closed which wasn't a good sign. Both Superman and Green Lantern were closed as well. Neither were cycling trains so it looked like they hadn't just closed the line a few minutes ago.

Walking back to the other side of the park I thought I would try Nitro but when I saw Sky Screamer and Deja Vu were both closed, I knew the chances of Nitro being open were not good. Deja Vu has the lights on the ride turned off so like the other rides had been closed for a little while.

As expected, Nitro, Batman, The Dark Knight, Fender Bender and Skull Mountain had all closed as well.

I saw some people ask a guard if the park was open until 12:00 and they were told the park is. Someone asked if the park is open until 12:00, why aren't the rides open until 12:00. They didn't have an answer.

If the park is going to close the ride lines at around 11:30, they should mention it on the website or the ride hours board (something like "Park is open until 12:00, rides lines will close at 11:30") so people expect it and not be disappointed especially when it seems random what time they decide to close the lines even if there is no wait. On Columbus Day, they closed Zumanjaro at 9:50, only 10 minutes early. I hope this is just something they are doing because of the midnight closings and doesn't start next year where if the park closes at 8:00, they close all the ride lines at 7:30.

It was still an overall good trip to the park though.

IMG_6123_zpsa49778b5.jpg

IMG_6124_zpsf415fa2d.jpg

Runaway Mine Train's 3rd train is winterized

IMG_6125_zpse4b9500f.jpg

IMG_6127_zpsc9f9436b.jpg

IMG_6130_zps4ceb61f3.jpg

New separate loading areas for Buccaneer for which rows you want.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#2 RC98

RC98

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 11:40 PM

I love the idea of the separate line for the end rows on the Buccaneer, I've been waiting for a park with a pirate ship to do that ever since I started riding them.

I really don't get the closing rides early thing though-is it really that hard to keep the rides open until the time they're supposed to close?

My YouTube Account: http://www.youtube.c...rCoasterRider98
Total Coasters Ridden: 100

#3 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,184 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 03:19 PM

I don't understand the lines closing early either. It's not like they had 1 hour waits and would need to close the lines early so they would be empty by closing. The rides at the time except Nitro looked like they were all walk ons or 5 minute waits so if they had kept the lines open until midnight, by the time the last riders exited the rides would have been 12:10 at the latest.

It also makes planning what rides to go to next more difficult. If I had waited to go Kingda Ka at the end of the night instead of at opening, thinking I could get there at 11:45, I would have missed the ride entirely that day (which did happen to some others, one person was cursing about it).

I try not to be too negative about the park in general and will overlook some things I don't like, such as no early entry the past few weeks but I think this is much worse.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#4 Shelby

Shelby

NITRO <3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 12:28 PM

Thanks for the comment about Nitro. :)

Rides worked/supervised/working/supervising -
2011: Skull Mountain, Rolling Thunder, Jumpin' Joey, Safari Tours
2012: Skull Mountain, Nitro, Bugaboo, Raja's Rickshaw, Fun Factory
2013: Skull Mountain, Deja Vu, Fender Benders
2014: Nitro, Skull Mountain, Road Runner Railway, Bugaboo, Raja's Rickshaw, Hearts Aweigh, Daffy Diver
2015: Bizarro, Hearts Aweigh, Daffy Diver, Air Safari, Bugaboo, Jumpin' Joey, Road Runner Railway

#5 SupermanXD

SupermanXD

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:24 PM

Nice trip report.

#6 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,184 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:32 PM

^ Thanks

Thanks for the comment about Nitro. :)

No problem, it's always nice going to Nitro and when there is a line, it seems to rarely stop moving.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users