10/31/14

3 replies to this topic

#1 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,184 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:44 PM

When the season started, I never expected I would be going to the park on Halloween night since I usually work on Halloween at night each year and because I thought the lines would be bad. Since Sunday's weather didn't look so good, I decided I would take a chance on going to the park and if it was crowded, I'd leave when lines got bad. I didn't know at the time it would also be my final trip of the season.

Like the other Friday nights in October there was no early entry for Gold Passholders. I went to the Golden Kingdom first and saw Zumanjaro was closed and walked onto Kingda Ka, getting on the 2nd train of the day. After I exited Kingda Ka, I saw Zumanjaro had opened and had no line. I was going to get another ride in until I saw that it had broken down again since they were locking all the restraints without riders.

When Zumanjaro was announced, I was unsure if I was going to try it or not and now after 11 rides, it has become my favorite drop tower and any other tower I have ridden doesn't come close to how much fun Zumanjaro is. I know it has caused some headaches for the park but I'm glad they added it and gave the park another much needed thrilling non coaster ride.

Kingda Ka had no line and I took a middle row before going to Plaza Del Carnaval for a walk on El Toro ride. As always, it was excellent and has become my 2nd favorite coaster in the park after Nitro.

Bizarro had no wait except for the front. 3 trains were running and they were only loading 2 of them which didn't matter since even with only 2 trains being loaded, there were still empty rows. I got a re-ride and took the Skyway over to the other side of the park.

Since it was almost 7:00, I expected the park to start getting very crowded soon and was surprised to see Nitro had a station wait. After getting dinner, the line was still a station wait and I got 4 more rides in just having to walk around each time.

For some reason Batman's line was past the tunnel and would have been around 20 minutes and after 5 minutes in line and barely moving, I thought maybe 1 train was running and decided to leave the line and try again later.

Skull Mountain had a mostly empty station and I went to the last row and also got a re-ride there.

I went back to Nitro with a line on the stairs and to The Dark Knight which was about 10 minutes from entering the line, until boarding the car.

Blackbeard's had hardly anyone in line and it was the same with Runaway Mine Train. They were running 2 trains at Runaway Mine Train and only loading 1 of them but a few minutes later started to load the second train. I got 2 rides and moved on.

Green Lantern's line was almost to the end of the switchbacks and the single rider line was open but had a lot of people in that line. People from the single rider line kept cutting into the station and the ride ops saw it and made them get back in the single rider line. One guy told 3 kids they should cut into the regular line and one kid said he didn't want to get in trouble. The guy then said to the kid "It's the last weekend, what are they going to do, kick you out?" The kids did the right thing and stayed in the single rider line and the guy cut into the regular line and also got caught. It would have been nice to see all these people cutting from the single rider line to the regular line get thrown out of the park since they are ruining it for everyone who doesn't try to cut and ride with their group.

The single rider line didn't save any time tonight and actually took a train or two extra compared to waiting in the regular line. I think the ride ops were getting a little frustrated with the line because I was the first person in the line to board the next open seat and they called out a single rider for row 1. I start to go row 1 and another ride op stops me and tells me to go to row 7 instead which was a middle seat with the other seats being used. I know that using the single rider line means you don't get to choose your row and I have no problem being told to go to any row but I was a little annoyed about it especially since the guy that told the kids to cut and then tried to cut himself and got caught ended up getting the front row empty seat who was next in line.

Batman was now a station wait and 2 trains were running. I went to the last row and it was really forceful compared to the front row where I normally try to ride.

I went back to Nitro which still had a line on the stairs and walked around for another ride which ended up being my final ride at Great Adventure for 2014. If I had known it was going to be my last trip, I might have tried to get 6 more Nitro rides in so I could get to 400 rides total although that probably wouldn't have happened since I left around 11:20 and I don't know if they closed the lines early like the week before.

I can't believe another season at Great Adventure is over. With the addition of Zumanjaro and finally riding El Toro, it was a great season for me and I am already looking forward to opening day 2015. It is going to be a long 5 months with no coasters.

Ride Count:

Kingda Ka, 2x

Zumanjaro, 1x

El Toro, 1x

Bizarro, 2x

Skyway, 1x

Nitro, 8x

Skull Mountain, 2x

The Dark Knight, 1x

Blackbeard's, 1x

Runaway Mine Train, 2x

Green Lantern, 1x

Batman, 1x

2014 Final Coaster Ride Count (Plus Zumanjaro):

Nitro - 83

Batman - 36

Superman - 6

Bizarro - 26

Kingda Ka - 9

Skull Mountain - 50

Runaway Mine Train - 29

The Dark Knight - 25

Blackbeard's Lost Treasure Train - 18

Green Lantern – 19       

El Toro - 22

Zumanajro - 11

IMG_6148_zps8efc3edd.jpg

IMG_6149_zps5fc690e6.jpg

IMG_6153_zps196979cb.jpg

Trash cans set up for El Toro's overflow queue

IMG_6158_zps1ccd2a37.jpg

Almost to the top

IMG_6160_zps04a3a89e.jpg

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#2 Cygnus12

Cygnus12

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 11:11 AM

Nice TR Yoshi! Sounds like it was nice night to go! Less crowded than the 10th and 24th, the two Fridays I went in October. Glad they caught those line cutters, thankfully I've seen that happen more often lately. When I was waiting for El Toro this past trip, a group of kids tried to cut by using the Flash Pass line (or whatever the heck that line is to the left of the main queue switchbacks) only to be caught red handed by a security guard. They were made to leave the line, but they probably should have been tossed from the park.

TheDoD3.com - 3x more thrilling than your favorite ride!

#3 Shelby

Shelby

NITRO <3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:54 PM

Love the night picture of Nitro and nice seeing ya on Friday one last time.

Rides worked/supervised/working/supervising -
2011: Skull Mountain, Rolling Thunder, Jumpin' Joey, Safari Tours
2012: Skull Mountain, Nitro, Bugaboo, Raja's Rickshaw, Fun Factory
2013: Skull Mountain, Deja Vu, Fender Benders
2014: Nitro, Skull Mountain, Road Runner Railway, Bugaboo, Raja's Rickshaw, Hearts Aweigh, Daffy Diver
2015: Bizarro, Hearts Aweigh, Daffy Diver, Air Safari, Bugaboo, Jumpin' Joey, Road Runner Railway

#4 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,184 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:30 PM

Thanks, it was nice to see you too.

Nice TR Yoshi! Sounds like it was nice night to go! Less crowded than the 10th and 24th, the two Fridays I went in October. Glad they caught those line cutters, thankfully I've seen that happen more often lately. When I was waiting for El Toro this past trip, a group of kids tried to cut by using the Flash Pass line (or whatever the heck that line is to the left of the main queue switchbacks) only to be caught red handed by a security guard. They were made to leave the line, but they probably should have been tossed from the park.

Thanks, I'd like to see line cutters thrown out from the park too, to send the message it won't be tolerated by the park

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users