6 replies to this topic

#1 KGCoasterproductions

KGCoasterproductions

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:51 PM

New rumor that's totally unexpected. What are your thoughts? I think this could be insane even though I'd rather see a different type like a flyer or RMC Mean Streak.

#2 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 11:20 PM

I think it will be popular but am somewhat surprised they would go with a dive machine coaster. Years ago when speculating/discussing what could be added to Great Adventure when a dive machine was brought up, some people said it wouldn't be a draw because they already have Kingda Ka with a vertical drop and Cedar Point has Top Thrill Dragster (I'm not sure I agree with that though).

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#3 Christian

Christian

I'm kind of a big deal

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 02:45 AM

I think they'd be better off renovating Mean Streak with Rocky Mountain track than putting in a dive machine, DMs are cool and all but don't really seem to push the envelope at all. I'm shocked they still haven't built an Intamin woodie to compete with El Toro.

#4 joeyc98

joeyc98

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 12:31 PM

^Except doesn't Six Flags have a contract with RMC? Or did that expire..?

Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 Geek

#5 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 06:23 PM

It looks like they still have that agreement:

https://www.sixflags...om/new-for-2015

"Twisted Colossus, the next generation of the beloved wooden roller coaster that thrilled millions of guests in its 36-year reign at the park, will be a unique technological marvel combining an iconic wooden structure with state-of-the-art Iron Horse Track. The advanced technology, available exclusively at Six Flags, provides ride experiences never before possible on wooden coasters, such as over-banked turns and inversions."

I think they'd be better off renovating Mean Streak with Rocky Mountain track than putting in a dive machine, DMs are cool and all but don't really seem to push the envelope at all. I'm shocked they still haven't built an Intamin woodie to compete with El Toro.

In addition to Cedar Point, I'm surprised no one in the country has built one either (and the world other than T-Express in 2008)

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#6 Kaiser

Kaiser

Batman

• Admin
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 03:46 PM

It looks like they still have that agreement:

https://www.sixflags...om/new-for-2015

"Twisted Colossus, the next generation of the beloved wooden roller coaster that thrilled millions of guests in its 36-year reign at the park, will be a unique technological marvel combining an iconic wooden structure with state-of-the-art Iron Horse Track. The advanced technology, available exclusively at Six Flags, provides ride experiences never before possible on wooden coasters, such as over-banked turns and inversions."

In addition to Cedar Point, I'm surprised no one in the country has built one either (and the world other than T-Express in 2008)

I don't think that's implying an agreement or contract. They're just saying you can currently only find them at Six Flags parks. It's not preventing any one else from getting one.

(Are there any non Six Flags parks with the Iron horse track?)

sig_kaiser.png

#7 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 04:13 PM

After re-reading it, I think you are right about it meaning they are just at Six Flags right now.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users