#1 Zack

Zack

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 03:03 PM

https://www.sixflags...gad_fullmap.pdf

It looks like there's nothing new from last year's map aside from El Diablo, but I thought it was appropriate to post anyway.

Any thoughts on the new map?

#2 NitroKaMedusaMachine

NitroKaMedusaMachine

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 06:43 PM

They also redid Log Flume's artwork.
Green Lantern: a suitable replacement, but will never be the same. RIP GASM.

#3 Sfguy

Sfguy

GADV Elite

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 05:02 PM

^ Are those just weirdly drawn lift hills or tunnels?

"El Diablo Looping Coaster, NEW!" Looks like they're still trying to push it as a coaster. Maybe they'll get negative feedback on it across the chain and corporate will finally drop the coaster part :P Also funny to see Ka listed as tallest and fastest in the world (just realized this is its 10th year, damn).

Posted Image

#4 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,184 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 09:07 PM

I'm surprised they went back to tallest and fastest in the world since it seems like the past few years they have been saying tallest in the world, fastest in North America.

It's strange to think it's been 10 years already. I still remember reading the opening day reports from the ride hearing about 8 hour waits that caused a lot of the old queue to fill up back when I was just reading the forums, a few months before I started to post.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#5 NitroKaMedusaMachine

NitroKaMedusaMachine

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:09 AM

I'm surprised they went back to tallest and fastest in the world since it seems like the past few years they have been saying tallest in the world, fastest in North America.

It's strange to think it's been 10 years already. I still remember reading the opening day reports from the ride hearing about 8 hour waits that caused a lot of the old queue to fill up back when I was just reading the forums, a few months before I started to post.

Kingda Ka is the reason I joined these forums back in 2004. I wanted to follow every aspect of it's construction and was looking for a website devoted specifically to the park. I found a website called Great Adventure Source and the rest is history. I can't believe that was 10 years ago (also nine years since El Toro meaning nine years since the park's last actually new non family coaster).
Green Lantern: a suitable replacement, but will never be the same. RIP GASM.

#6 KingdaKaRuler05

KingdaKaRuler05

You're Gonna Go Far, Kid.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 09:45 PM

Kingda Ka is the reason I joined these forums back in 2004. I wanted to follow every aspect of it's construction and was looking for a website devoted specifically to the park. I found a website called Great Adventure Source and the rest is history. I can't believe that was 10 years ago (also nine years since El Toro meaning nine years since the park's last actually new non family coaster).

Haha, to add in another nostalgic post, completely agree (hence the username). Was such an exciting time for the park with KK and Toro in back to back years....I don't think that has or will ever be matched in the coaster realm. Getting that first ride on KK was surreal, as I thought it would never happen throughout the prolonged construction. 

I know Zumanjaro is a pretty big attraction for the park, but I think we've all been waiting for that blockbuster attraction that we haven't got (IMO) since El Toro. Obviously park's management and direction has changed drastically since those additions...but I'd like to hope that it will be coming sooner rather than later.

-KKR05

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users