7 replies to this topic

#1 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:45 PM

http://www.nj.com/me..._winter_fo.html

"Thirty rides will be open, weather permitting, including: the SkyScreamer, Carousel, Big Wheel, Parachutes and Tea Cups, and the Nitro, Batman, Green Lantern, Superman The Dark Night and Skull Mountain roller coasters."

I have been waiting for this since I first started getting a Great Adventure season pass 7 years ago.

I would have been ok with just Skull Mountain and The Dark Knight but to also have Nitro, Batman, Green Lantern and Superman open as well? Awesome!

This should be the best holiday event in the Northeast/Mid Atlantic. Hershey refuses to run any coasters except their kiddie coaster and probably Laff Track, Busch Gardens only has Verbolten open and everyone else either only runs a kiddie coaster/family coaster or don't run any coasters at all such as Kennywood.

I wonder how cold it is going to have to be for them to not run the outdoor coasters. I have been in the park at the end of October a few times when the temperature is around 34 and it looked like almost everything was still running.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#2 Jason

Jason

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 09:17 PM

I believe the temperature is 40 degrees.  They will most likely shut down the major coasters when it gets dark out because it will get too cold. I am so excited for this! 

30k3uyq.jpg

@spikedudej    #TeamMissPanda

#3 Sfguy

Sfguy

GADV Elite

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 09:59 PM

Sweeet, can't wait for this. Growing up, I would always go to Storybook Land every winter around Christmas time and they lit up the entire park with lights. I absolutely loved that and can't wait to see how Great Adventure looks at night covered in lights. And the rides are an added bonus!

Posted Image

#4 Zack

Zack

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 05:27 PM

It wasn 't until I entered the park today that I realized that this isn't an April fools prank. This is flippin awesome! It makes sense since we're one of the most popular six flags parks. Hopefully, things don't go too awry.

#5 YoungPup

YoungPup

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 11:26 PM

I sent them a letter a little while ago (A long with that petition I started awhile ago) about how they should have Holiday In The Park, and about how all the other parks around are open in the winter. So I'd like to think that my petition and letter was the final push for them to go for it. I'm super excited for this!!

#6 Kingda Ka-Nitro

Kingda Ka-Nitro

Batman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:27 PM

I want to ride kingda ka in subzero temperatures.

GADV Trips 07- 2

Ride Count of 07

Nitro-5 Medusa-1 SMFF-0

RT-0 BTR-0 BTC-0 SM-0

ET-2 SUF-0 RTC-0

KK-12 RMT-0 GASM-1

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 01:56 PM

That would be interesting. Around 5 years ago on opening weekend it was in the low 40's out and waited 1 train for the front row. The cold really hit your face during the launch and up at the tophat it was freezing. It was one of the more different rides I have had at Kingda Ka.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#8 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 12:46 AM

Holiday in the Park was an amazing event. The park was decorated nicer than I was expecting and it was great to be able to ride coasters into the winter. I was also glad to see the coasters continuing to run even in the colder temperatures, a few of my visits to the park it was in the low 30's by the time I left and everything was still running. It was also good to see multiple trains running on Nitro and Skull Mountain and what looked like full capacity at The Dark Knight unlike Hershey that ran 1 train on everything with long lines.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users