4/5/15

4 replies to this topic

#1 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 11:03 PM

I was looking forward to Great Adventure reopening after a cold winter.

I got to the park at around 11:15 and went to pass processing to add the dining pass and parking since I had a separate paper for the parking pass. The line looked to be around 40 minutes since that's how long I waited in 2013 and it was close to the same spot. When an employee asked me if I was the only one processing the pass, she let me go to another room where they I added the dining pass and got the pass processed.

I was going to start the season at El Toro but the ride wasn't open with a line into Plaza Del Carnaval. The ride was testing with water dummies so I went to Bizarro instead with a 1 train wait for the last row. 2 trains were running with the 3rd train not ready to go which I didn't mind since I think the ride operates better with 2 trains.

El Toro was still closed so I took the Skyway with no wait where DiveMachine was working and went to Skull Mountain. There were some puddles in the cave part of the queue and there was no music in the station or ride area. I hope this isn't a permanent change because it was strange riding the coaster and not hearing the soundtrack.

Nitro's line was just past the 60 minute sign with 2 trains running. Unfortunately dispatches were slow, the ride crew wasn't slow it seemed to be the ride that was having issues. It took 40 minutes and by the time I exited the ride, the line was in the first switchback.

Batman had no wait except for the front. It was intense as usual and I'm still unsure how well I'll like riding the coaster backwards.

The Dark Knight had the pre-show door open so I got to miss part of the pre-show film and waited around 10 minutes. The bat signal was working but the clown subway car at the end wasn't.

I went to the Yum Yum Cafe for lunch and with only 4 orders ahead of me, it still took close to 30 minutes. They had to ring up everyone's order separate if they were using the dining pass. Even when I went to redeem my voucher for the souvenir bottle, that had to be done separate from the food order. A lot of people were complaining and I unfortunately saw one person curse at the cashier and manager because they couldn't get their souvenir bottle since they lost the voucher (the manager did give them the bottle).

Zumanjaro had a 5 minute wait and was great as always. I went to Kingda Ka next and the line barely moved for 15 minutes before the station. The ride op at the merge point kept going up to check the line in the station. It looked like they were trying to only keep 2 - 3 trains worth of riders in the station which is why the line before the merge point wasn't moving. The total wait was 20 minutes for the 3rd row. I don't know if this change in loading was because of a new policy change so Flashpass users won't wait 20 minutes past the merge point like in the past with a full station or just the way the ride op was running the merge point.

I went back to Zumanjaro this time using the single rider line and it took 15 minutes. When I was in the loading area, it broke down. 10 minutes later they ran 2 empty cycles and reopened the ride.

El Toro had opened and had a line past the 60 minute sign. Hearing that dispatches were taking up to 10 minutes on opening day, I didn't want to wait that long even if dispatches were faster than 10 minutes and skipped it.

While walking to the Boardwalk I saw CHILLERC1.

Green Lantern had broken down earlier in the day and was now running 1 train with no wait but when I got close to the station, the train stopped on the lift. They were clearing the queue so I left and went to Superman. The greeter was saying it was a 45 minute wait but I wanted to enter the queue to see if it was really that long of a wait. It was up to the 30 minute sign and took around 25 minutes for a middle row. While in line for Superman, I saw they were evacuating the riders stuck on the lift on Green Lantern and walking down the stairs.

I was going to try the chicken nuggets at the food place near Nitro. It was after 6:00 and the employee first didn't know if the dinner time was valid yet. When he found out it was ok, he told me the the nuggets aren't on the menu. I told him it's right on the menu board and the dining pass logo is next to it. He then says that even if they are listed, I can't get them because it is dinner time which made no sense to me because it was an entree. I didn't feel like asking for a manager and went somewhere else. I'll have to try them on another trip.

Walking past Skyscreamer, I saw it was also broken down.

Since I had been at the park for close to 7 hours, I decided to leave even though I ended up skipping some coasters because of breakdowns and lines. It was more crowded than Easter last year.

I'm hoping to get back to the park soon to get to the coasters I skipped and hopefully get some multiple rides at Nitro.

easter1.jpg

easter2.jpg

easter3.jpg

easter4.jpg

Zumanjaro's line the first time I went to the ride

easter5.jpg

easter6.jpg

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#2 NYlovesGA

NYlovesGA

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 06:41 AM

awesome report

#3 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 09:51 PM

Thank you

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#4 DiveMachine

DiveMachine

El Diablo Loco

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 12:55 PM

It was nice seeing you again, Brian!
DiveMachine- Moderator/G.O.A.T. at Gadv.com

2014 SKYWAY Team Member- "Welcome to the Skyway, where you will traverse along many acres of beautiful land!"

2015 EL DIABLO Unit Supervisor- "The flames of the river shall soon come upon you here with El Diablo"

2016 Safari Off-Road Adventure/The JOKER Unit Supervisor- "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

#5 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 06:27 PM

It was nice to see you too.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic