4/12/15

4 replies to this topic

#1 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 09:12 PM

Rather than go to the park early in the day like the previous week, I decided to go later in the day and stay until closing hoping crowds would clear out the last couple of hours since it was a school night.

Walking into the park I saw Green Lantern had broken down. I hoped it would be open enough to get a ride in since I missed it last week because of breakdowns.

Nitro was first with 3 trains running and a 20 minute wait.

Batman was next with the line on the stairs. It was a 10 minute wait thanks to fast dispatches.

Skull Mountain was about 15 minutes, with the music in the station and ride area working.

I went the back to Nitro and waited 15 minutes and to The Dark Knight waiting around 10 minutes and back to Batman with no wait except for the front row.

Blackbeard's had a much longer line than normal, with a couple of switchbacks full. I skipped it again since I only ride the coaster if it's a 1 or 2 train wait.

I walked over to the boardwalk and Green Lantern had broken down yet again but was cycling empty trains. They reopened the ride a few minutes later and I was able to ride the coaster with a 3 train wait.

Superman had around a 30 minute line so I skipped it and went to the Golden Kingdom. Kingda Ka had broken down and Zumanjaro had about a 20 minute wait but using the single rider line I waited less than 5 minutes. While at Zumanjaro, Kingda Ka had cycled 2 trains but when I got to the entrance it had broken down again. Even if it reopened soon, the station was full and the first switchback in the queue area had people waiting so it would have been around 25 minutes without any more breakdowns and I didn't want to take the time to wait and miss other rides.

Bizarro had 2 trains running with the line on the stairs and fast dispatches.

Runaway Mine Train had a line to the entrance with no switchbacks used so I went to Best of the West for dinner and after that went back to Runaway Mine Train which was now a station wait. They were having a problem with the non ad wrapped train and sent it empty and loaded the ad wrapped train.

Tango had no wait and I finished the day with El Toro which I have been looking forward to riding since the last time I rode the coaster on Halloween. It was a station wait and since it was past closing when the train got back to the station and the station still had a few people waiting for other rows, I was able to get a re-ride.

It was a good trip to the park with somewhat low crowds for a nice weather day.

IMG_5507_zps6zcpvh18.jpg

New boat colors?

IMG_5509_zpsidx0tlal.jpg

Both sides of the Skyway were running

IMG_5510_zpsedjinumz.jpg

Twister was closed last week and this week. I hope it isn't having problems like Hangtime at Dorney had.

IMG_5512_zpswtq3kr99.jpg

20 oz sodas are up to $5.00

IMG_5513_zpsqx4u1ncf.jpg

IMG_5514_zpsu0v8q13r.jpg

IMG_5518_zpslbzanc6e.jpg

IMG_5519_zpsrdhl67u3.jpg

IMG_5520_zpswq1tdbyl.jpg

IMG_5521_zpszc64a392.jpg

IMG_5524_zps4j8tg6ob.jpg

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#2 Sfguy

Sfguy

GADV Elite

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 10:10 AM

hahahahhahaha $5 for a 20oz soda, and I thought they couldn't go any higher

Is TDK's effects working? I haven't been on it yet this year but I remember hearing that nothing was working on opening day.

Posted Image

#3 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 12:43 PM

I think the $5 price is their way of getting people to buy the green souvenir cup. It was either $3.50 or $3.75 last year for a soda in the vending machines. Fountain soda prices also went up to $4.49 for 16 oz and $4.79 for 32 oz.

For TDK, the Bat Signal and tunnel with writing, and the figures with the guns that light up were working. The clowns in the subway car were not working and both hologram billboards were not working. I'd really like to see the billboards work again since it has been years since either worked.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#4 Kaiser

Kaiser

Batman

• Admin
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 12:44 PM

I see they finally put the RC boats in! The boats and monster trucks weren't there opening day or when I was last there, 4/7.

sig_kaiser.png

#5 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 06:29 PM

I didn't realize they were missing the first few days the park was open. I'll check next time I am at the park to see if the monster trucks are back too.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users