Great Adventure Queries?

6 replies to this topic

#1 ciaran75

ciaran75

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:04 AM

Hi All,
I will be in NY 14th - 18th May from Ireland and looking to visit great adventure while I'm there.

Am I correct that Friday would be better than the Saturday or Sunday?

Any recommendations what order I should take rides? I want to get as much in as possible, more interested in big rides El Toro, Nitro etc.

Also, what is best way to get there, staying in times sq. is NJ Transit bus the way to go?
Is $72 good value or is there any better deals?
Would you recommend the Flash Pass?
Thanks again,
Ciaran

#2 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,184 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 11:23 AM

Yes Friday would be the best day to go, there might be some school groups there but they should be gone by 4 and the park should be empty those last 4 hours and even with the school groups there earlier in the day most lines should be 15 - 20 minutes or less. There is a concert that Saturday and the park is likely going to be crowded then.

Flash Pass won't sell out in May so I would wait until you get to the park to see how crowded it is before deciding to get it or not. 

I would start with Kingda Ka and Zumanjaro, then go to Superman and Green Lantern, walk to El Toro and then Bizarre and take the Skyway to the other side of the park and go to Nitro and Barman. That would take care of all the major coasters.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#3 coasterman21

coasterman21

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:18 AM

Friday is Physics day and a bunch of schools will be there including my school so i don't think friday would be that good but i mean i guess u can try just letting u know a lot of schools will be going...

#4 Sluggo77

Sluggo77

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 12:28 PM

If you have a season pass for a different Six Flags park can you get early entry to GA? If so what time?

#5 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,184 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 07:23 PM

A pass from any Six Flags park should work. Early entry is only 10 minutes before opening and no rides are open until opening time. It just gives you a chance to get to the ride entrance before everyone else.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#6 Sluggo77

Sluggo77

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 12:41 PM

Thanks. Really appreciate the info.

#7 ciaran75

ciaran75

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 04:27 AM

thanks for suggestions guys, On Friday you have physics day, Saturday a concert or Sunday. Which would have the least queues, would 15 - 20 minutes for big rides be possible any of these? Cheers,

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users