#1 RC98

RC98

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 10:04 PM

Better late than never!

When I got there I found long lines at the entrance, but using the 'guests without bags' line I got in within a decent amount of time.  

Seeing the amount of people at the gate I immediately got a Platinum Flash Pass since this was likely my only visit for the season.  I would end up making good use of the double riding privileges during the day.  

The first ride I reserved for the day was Kingda Ka, and I took the Skyride over from the Flash Pass booth to the other side of the park.

Ka was a great first coaster for the day, love the launch, drop, and the view at the top; I rode in the second row.  After the first ride I stayed on for my second one but when we were waiting on the launch track the ride broke and we had to be rolled backwards into the station.  Next was Zumanjaro, which I was riding for the first time.  I loved this ride, drop towers are my favorite non-coaster rides!  Since the next reserve time my Flash Pass was giving me was only one minute later, I just waited for a minute next to the Flash Pass merge point and rode again!

Next I reserved El Diablo, which I walked right on as a single rider with the flash pass.  It had a really short wait anyway, probably only one cycle.  I really didn't find the ride anything special, it's probably not something I would wait in line for.

Next I rode El Toro in the back row, they stopped the ride to put the second train on while I was next to load which was interesting to watch.  It was as good as always, love the first drop in the back and the ejector air on the RT hill.  Next was lunch, I tried the new Macho Nacho near El Toro and found it very good!  It was also nice seeing the Mets game on the TVs!  Before eating I couldn't resist reserving El Toro again and getting in two more rides, this time in the second to last row.

After lunch I went to Ka again to make up for only getting one ride before, this time I got both of the two rides.  Again in the second row and just as fun as last time.  

Next was Superman.  I love the forces in the pretzel loop, and I find the inline twist at the end to be fun too.  The operations on this coaster were also the best I saw in the park.

Next was Green Lantern.  I didn't find it to hurt my legs as much as it did last year but I still like the other coasters in the park better.

Next was the log flume.  This is still one of my favorite log flumes, the trip through the woods is nice and I got pretty wet too!  After was Bizarro.  I forgot how good this coaster is, the zero g roll is my favorite part.  The fire worked today too, as did the light up shield!  The operations were pretty slow here however.

After was Nitro.  Even though B&M hypers have advanced since this ride, it's still one of my favorites.  The helix is still the only thing on any coaster that makes me gray out.  The operations were horribly slow at this coaster, however, the trains almost always double stacked for some reason.

My last two rides I reserved were Skull Mountain and Skyscreamer.  Skull had more light in it than I remember in the past (seemed to be leaking in from the front of the building) but the music and effects were all working.  Skyscreamer also had its music playing, but I couldn't tell what the song was.

Final Lakefront update pic:

IMG_0093_zpszp5lqdux.jpg

Survey markings in Lakefront, old Festival Stage completely gone

Final Ride Count (yay Platinum Flash Pass!):

El Toro-4x

Kingda Ka-3x

Nitro, Superman, Bizarro, Zumanjaro-2x

Skyride, Log Flume, Green Lantern, Skull Mtn., Skyscreamer, El Diablo-1x

21 rides total from 11:30 AM to 6 PM!

My YouTube Account: http://www.youtube.c...rCoasterRider98
Total Coasters Ridden: 100

#2 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 02:16 PM

Nice report, I have noticed Superman has had faster operations this year.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users