Dorney Park, 8/26/15

No replies to this topic

#1 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 10:42 PM

I went to Dorney on Wednesday for a final trip to Wildwater Kingdom for the season.

Like most trips I started on the ride side and went to Talon, then Hydra, Dominator Turbo Drop, Whip, Thunderhawk, Possessed and Steel Force and then back to Talon. Nothing had a line except a 2 train wait at Steel Force.

Thunder Creek Mountain was closed with logs on the lift and water running normally but wasn't running the entire time I was at the park. I missed it the past 2 trips and was hoping to ride the flume on this trip.

Wildwater Kingdom wasn't too crowded when I got there at around 3:45 after first riding White Water Landing. Lines were mostly 5 - 10 minutes for the slides. I can see how Fast Lane could be a problem on a crowded day. Normally you don't see anyone using Fast Lane on a weekday and on this trip there were about 10 people using it at Snake Pit. The first time I rode Snake Pit the line was 8 minutes with no Fast Lane users, the 2nd time the line was at the same spot and took close to 15 minutes because with Fast Lane, you get instant access to the front of the line unlike Flash Pass where they give you a return time. The people with Fast Lane were able to slide 4 times before someone in the regular line got to slide once. On a weekend, it probably brings the line to almost a complete stop since all you need is a constant stream of Fast Lane users to keeping entering the slide lines.

I ended up getting 17 slides before closing, spending a lot of time at the Wildwater Rapids slides that had no one in line and walked past Thunder Canyon and it still had around a 30 minute line which was surprising since normally later in the day it is a walk on or short wait.

dorney4_zpslyal8h2o.jpg

Haunt attractions are starting to get set up all over the park

dorney5_zpsl59dbzs3.jpg

dorney6_zpsbwnna0rb.jpg

I miss Laser

dorney7_zpsjeq4h0bh.jpg

New Skee Ball machines replaced the older ones and these have a retro look to them.

dorney8_zpsdzxvgtmx.jpg

Still my favorite ride in the park.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users