Total Mayhem Coming 2016!

18 replies to this topic

#1 NewsBreaker

NewsBreaker

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 12:07 AM

Let the crying begin!

Edited by Yoshi, 14 September 2015 - 09:42 PM.
Fixed thread title

#2 NitroKaMedusaMachine

NitroKaMedusaMachine

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 03:32 AM

-_-

It's not a good fit for the park at all. It looks fun, but putting a low capacity roller coaster like that in a park as popular as Gadv is a mistake.

Green Lantern: a suitable replacement, but will never be the same. RIP GASM.

#3 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 09:51 AM

That is a concern for me too but I guess we will see when it opens how fast they can get those trains dispatched. A train dispatched every 60 seconds with no empty seats (hopefully there is a single rider line like at SFFT) is 480 riders an hour. If the theoretical capacity is 720 an hour that is a train dispatched every 45 seconds.

It might help that lower level Flash Pass probably won't work at this ride. Gold and Platinum only work on Zumanjaro. I could see this coaster possibly Platinum only and maybe 1 ride only per day with Platinum like Golitah was or still is at Great America.

As for the ride itself, it looks like the kind of ride that is going to cause dizziness or nausea. I'll try it once and see how dizzy it makes me. If it is bad, I'll add a new coaster to my list and just continue to focus on the other rides like Nitro, El Toro and Bizarro.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#4 B&MForever

B&MForever

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 12:48 PM

Really stupid addition in my opinion. Corporate has been treating Great Adventure horribly lately. We lose something for every addition we get. We actually have less coasters than we had 10 years ago. Meanwhile, Great America received a wingrider and an RMC in the last few years, Magic mountain has gotten Full throttle, Twisted Colossus, Apocalypse, Green lantern First flight in the past 6 years. We got a used coaster, a drop tower, and this low capacity disaster. We lost 3 coasters in the same time period.

#5 Kingda R

Kingda R

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:14 PM

While I'm not super excited for this ride as I wanted something more deserving for us coaster nuts, I will still ride it regardless and I'm sure I will ride it more than once.  I just feel our park has been left out over the past few years as far as receiving something brand new and big such as Great America and Magic Mountain have gotten lately.  So the whole excuse of Six Flags is trying to save to get out of debt and so on falls on deaf ears from my point of view.  The last major brand new coaster we received was El Toro in 2006 I believe (gosh it will 10 next year!)  Green Lantern is Chang reincarnated and will be 19 years old next season and its age is starting to show.  I am open minded when it comes to the new ride and I am looking forward to it but I just hope we get something big very soon.  I don't care what everyone else may think about our B&M collection, I will take that Wingrider or a Mack like Maverick in Cedar Point.  I saw a rumor that we may get our big addition in 2017 that will utilize the Chiller's observatory and that the park is not investing any money into advertising in that area of the park next year.  Lets see if that holds, then perhaps we may be on to something.  And for the record I think the name Total Mayhem sucks just like Bizarro, however at least its an original name for a change and not a comic book character. 

#6 Mangar

Mangar

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 03:33 PM

I'm kinda looking forward to it.

This flew under my radar, but my g/f mentioned that she wants to get season passes for 2016 in order to ride some "New 4D Coaster" - So we actually might. I'd have also liked if Great Adventure got that new Justice League dark ride, but this is decent. The first decent addition in quite awhile....

Oh: And Green LanChang is a horrible coaster, that is worse then the one it replaced.

Mangar
Lucid Vision

#7 RC98

RC98

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 04:35 PM

I'm looking forward to it since it's something different from our other coasters and will be a completely new type of coaster for me to try. I just wish the color scheme and name were better.
My YouTube Account: http://www.youtube.c...rCoasterRider98
Total Coasters Ridden: 100

#8 Cory

Cory

Future Industry Engineer

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 06:45 PM

Holy crap. People came out from the shadows to post about this. Not stoked for me but then again I've been lucky to receive to RMC coasters out here in California in the past two years.

If you see a well thought out and well written post, give it a add.png
Robert Cory Molloy - Retired Administrator of Great Adventure Online

#9 KK456

KK456

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 04:56 AM

Not the best fit for the park, and not the best park for this ride. It does look pretty good and I've heard it's pretty fun, so I'll try it out once on Passholder Preview Day or perhaps Media Day when I can actually get on without waiting 5+hours. I really don't want to wait for a ride experience that isn't worth it.

#10 palmer

palmer

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 11:40 AM

Well, I mean, it's not a B&M...

palmerbanner2_zpsf9fb5348.jpg
I should probably warn you guys that I make long posts... 
2010 & 2014 Coaster Draft Champion

#11 KK456

KK456

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 08:05 PM

^True that. We've got enough of those IMO

#12 NYlovesGA

NYlovesGA

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 05:26 AM

hey i  agree with everyone, but its better than last years el diablo addition, or better than nothing.

#13 1up

1up

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 08:30 AM

Why why why?  Also, where else can they do fireworks now that both arenas are being demolished?

#14 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 12:56 PM

Maybe they could launch them somewhere towards the back of the park and have people sit in the Northern Star Arena.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#15 FlyinPhil

FlyinPhil

Aerial Photographer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 07:47 AM

Hi everyone,

I know it's been a while, but I have some recent aerial photos to share of the park in general, and more importantly, construction taking place along the lakefront to make way for Total Mayhem in Summer 2016...Here are the two galleries you can view:

August 30 and October 11

Enjoy !!!

Flyin Phil

Posted Image

Find what you're Searching for FAST...Try the Site Map

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users