8 replies to this topic

#1 Raptor

Raptor

The Dark Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 01:22 PM

Most of us don't really want to even discuss what's in store for 2016, so let the speculation for 2017 begin.

#2 UltraCode

UltraCode

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 02:42 PM

Is it crazy of me to think that we will get another rollercoaster in 2017? I mean it happened before in 2005 and 2006 when we got Kingda Ka and El Toro in consecutive years.

#3 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 09:40 PM

I think it's unlikely. Premier had no problems adding major additions year after year (and put them in a lot of debt) but now with different people running the company, they seem to spread out the coasters. Red Zone wanted to cancel El Toro when they took over from Premier but it was too far along for that to happen. I'm hoping for the Justice League dark ride for 2017.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#4 Raptor

Raptor

The Dark Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 11:18 AM

Yes, I do believe a Justice League Dark Ride should come before anything else. A dark ride is really the thing we are lacking and can help bring a lot of people to the park. For our next coaster, I would like it to be some type of wooden roller coaster. Superman, Batman, and Total Mayhem are all clones, and Green Lantern is a relocated ride. El Toro is our only woodie, but it is probably the most unique coaster we have. I wouldn't mind seeing them remove Bizarro in the future (which will probably happen, sorry to burst your bubble) and put a GCI or an RMC in it's spot. Frontier Adventures is a Western themed area, and a woodie like that would be really good for our line up. As much as a Woode would be great, we still don't have a Dark ride, and with the Justice League Dark Rides becoming a hit at other Six Flags parks, our park definitely needs one.

And for those saying that they can put the coaster in Old Country, well, a classic woodie would fit better in Frontier Adventures, and the Old Country area can be used for another coaster, such as that dueler we saw Six Flags release in one of their surveys a few months ago. Although it sucks to see rides go, I do think five B&M's is somewhat excessive and replacing one of them with a woodie would be great. 

#5 NitroKaMedusaMachine

NitroKaMedusaMachine

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:51 AM

Yes, I do believe a Justice League Dark Ride should come before anything else. A dark ride is really the thing we are lacking and can help bring a lot of people to the park. For our next coaster, I would like it to be some type of wooden roller coaster. Superman, Batman, and Total Mayhem are all clones, and Green Lantern is a relocated ride. El Toro is our only woodie, but it is probably the most unique coaster we have. I wouldn't mind seeing them remove Bizarro in the future (which will probably happen, sorry to burst your bubble) and put a GCI or an RMC in it's spot. Frontier Adventures is a Western themed area, and a woodie like that would be really good for our line up. As much as a Woode would be great, we still don't have a Dark ride, and with the Justice League Dark Rides becoming a hit at other Six Flags parks, our park definitely needs one.

And for those saying that they can put the coaster in Old Country, well, a classic woodie would fit better in Frontier Adventures, and the Old Country area can be used for another coaster, such as that dueler we saw Six Flags release in one of their surveys a few months ago. Although it sucks to see rides go, I do think five B&M's is somewhat excessive and replacing one of them with a woodie would be great. 

I think a dark ride and a woodie would be great, but removing Bizarro is not a good idea. Theres plenty of space for a GCI woodie (they don't generally have large footprints) and Bizarro is a great ride (it just got back into the Golden Ticket Awards Top 50 Steel Coasters). There is no need to remove anything large to build a new ride and with Hersheypark (Gadv's biggest regional competitor) now having 13 coasters, removing a major ride like Bizarro is not favorable in any way.
Green Lantern: a suitable replacement, but will never be the same. RIP GASM.

#6 KGCoasterproductions

KGCoasterproductions

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 12:13 PM

Anyone want to see a conversion of Bizarro back to Medusa since New Englands Bizarro is doing the same?

#7 sfnecoolkid

sfnecoolkid

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 03:39 PM

Great Adventure is getting a Justice League :) db_2016_0716_PlanningFor20171.jpg

#8 KGCoasterproductions

KGCoasterproductions

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 02:51 PM

Id love to see medusa come back. Enough with the crappy six flags superhero theming. Id hate to see it leave also. Id much rather GL get tossed for scraps but that won't happen. And yea the dark rides coming 2017 :) 

#9 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 12:16 AM

I'm really looking forward to this addition, I have wanted to see the park add a dark ride for a while.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users