2 replies to this topic

#1 KillerChiller

KillerChiller

Freeze Well...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 02:34 PM

Surprised we don't have a topic for this yet! I haven't been able to make the trek out to the park yet (looking to go for sure next weekend), so I guess I'll start the conversation by showing the Fright Fest 2014 music montage I did for my Camera and Cinematography class last year. Yes, I intend to do another one of these for this year (and hopefully I can get some footage of the mazes!)

Any thoughts on the new additions to Fright Fest for 2015? Or the loss of our de-facto Icon (The Ghoulmaster) and his show?

ChillerBrokenWingsKCRIPSig.png
"I remember the chill that came over, as everything I loved went falling...
Time shows us that all that ever mattered, all that ever matters, leaves us in the cold..."

Six Flags Great Adventure 2006 RCT2 Re-Creation: 76%
--Dead Man's Party '06 will never be topped...but '09 came damn close!--

#2 Sfguy

Sfguy

GADV Elite

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 05:42 PM

Nice work on that video!

I've typically never cared all too much about Fright Fest but I've really enjoyed it this year and I feel they're really putting a lot of work into improving it. I've been to the park twice so far for Fright Fest, one on its first night and also last Friday, but it rained that night and I only stayed to eat dinner and ride Toro once before leaving, so that trip doesn't really count. This was actually the first year in... damn, maybe like 6 or 7 years?... that I did the terror trails. I did all of them except Wasteland and for the most part, really enjoyed them. Really the only thing that had me disappointed with some of the trails were the lack of scare actors, but it was a Friday and the first night of Fright Fest so I'm sure they're much better now. That said, the new trails were my favorites of the bunch. Big Top Terror was incredibly well done and it isn't the typical cheesy 3d attraction that I was expecting.

Posted Image

#3 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 07:37 PM

One thing I have been surprised about is that the trails/mazes seem to have shorter lines this year. In past years even on nights when the park wasn't crowded for the rides, the trails looked like they were packed. Each time I walk past Forgotten Carnival there have been less than 10 people waiting and even Total Darkness and the other trail next to it looked to not have much of a wait.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users