- - - - -

Great Adventure Wait Times During Aaa Fright Fest Event

2 replies to this topic

#1 jkl2000

jkl2000

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 03:26 PM

Hi. I haven't been to Six Flags since the 1980s, so I really don't know what to expect. AAA is having an event Oct. 11th (Sunday) with special ticket prices on admission and the Fright Train or whatever they call it, and a buffet from 3-5pm. (Park hours are 11am-midnight). Do you think because of this event the crowds will be very high? I'm guessing so. Another factor is that Monday is Columbus Day, so no school. Is this a recipe for huge wait times, even if I went with Flash Pass or one of the more expensive levels of Flash Pass? It's all pretty confusing to me - they obviously are gouging people for a lot to avoid wait times. I might be willing to pay up, but would love if someone can recommend the best suggestion for this date, given the event, the date, etc. Thanks!

#2 KillerChiller

KillerChiller

Freeze Well...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 04:00 PM

Hmm, well from my experiences, the park isn't too bad Columbus Day weekend. Waits tend to hover around a 30-45 minute average for the major coasters from what I remember of previous years. This was without the special event though. With it, you can expect at the very least a slight bump in these numbers. I can't recall how long a wait for a terror trail (if you're interested in doing those) was around this time of year, because the last time I went through one at Great Adventure was in 2008. As far as Flash Pass, I've never personally used it, but I always feel it's a good idea to get a feel for the turnout of the park. This is done both when you park, and when you get through the gates and are on Main Street. If it appears like there are a lot of cars in the lot and/or people on Main Street, book it to the Flash Pass building as quickly as possible before they sell out for the day.

KC

ChillerBrokenWingsKCRIPSig.png
"I remember the chill that came over, as everything I loved went falling...
Time shows us that all that ever mattered, all that ever matters, leaves us in the cold..."

Six Flags Great Adventure 2006 RCT2 Re-Creation: 76%
--Dead Man's Party '06 will never be topped...but '09 came damn close!--

#3 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,184 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 10:15 PM

I'd expect very large crowds. Last year on Sunday of Columbus Day weekend the line of cars waiting to get into the park by the afternoon was past the entrance and was at least an hour wait to get into the lot. In addition to the AAA event it is also the NJ Key Club Fall Rally which will also add to crowds.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users