Playland's Castaway Cove 10/10/15

No replies to this topic

#1 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 06:49 PM

I usually don't post anything about a trip to Ocean City. Since Playland's Castaway Cove is getting 2 new coasters next year, I took some photos from Flitzer's 2nd to last day of operation. It was Columbus Day weekend and the boardwalk was crowded for October but the amusement park wasn't.

Python was completely gone, not that I would have ridden the coaster for a final ride because of how much I didn't like it. It was nice to see the log flume running in October as well. Besides Flitzer, I also rode the Double Shot. My favorite side to go to is the one that faces the boardwalk and beach. One second you are seeing a wall of the arcade building, and then you all of the sudden see the beach and ocean.

I will miss Flitzer since it was one of the first non kiddie coasters I ever rode and although more of a family coaster, it was still fun and the manual brakes at the end of the ride was something you don't see too often anymore.

Gale Force looks like it will be great and it will be nice for Ocean City to have a thrilling coaster comparable to one you would see in a regular amusement park.

IMG_7729_zpsmhvypy3d.jpg

This and other signs said 3 new roller coasters. Either it is a typo or there is a 3rd unannounced coaster being added.

IMG_7733_zpskfnxzwmc.jpg

Python's former site and Gale Force's future site

IMG_7735_zpsofk1dnqn.jpg

IMG_7736_zpsyoj3pees.jpg

Taken from earlier this year:

IMG_7210_zpsf4cezgco.jpg

IMG_7211_zpsgitzlpoj.jpg

IMG_7214_zpso7rs6ist.jpg

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic