* * * * * 1 votes

A Couple 2016 Season Pass Questions

2 replies to this topic

#1 SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 07:56 PM

My girlfriend and I are going to get the gold pass season passes this year and was wondering if you guys think the current valentine's day sale prices is going to be the best deal available.

I read almost every trip report from last year and gotta say that Yoshis trip reports have us really excited to take advantage of the season passes. Going to hit up the Arlington Texas park and we are trying to plan a few trips to the Maryland, new England and maybe Montreal parks as well so we are definitely going with the gold passes.

For those of you that had the dining pass last year do you think it's worth it? Same goes for the photo pass deal. I saw its like 2 or 3 bucks after the initial purchase per photo and was kinda iffy on trying that. I would rather pay a little more and have unlimited photos.

Is it still only 10 minutes early entrance and no separate entrance for the gold passes?

I haven't been to six flags even though I live right near it in almost 10 years so I was also wondering if there has been any talks about using metal detectors before the coasters? I only bring this up cause I just got back from a trip to Orlando and the universal parks were using them before the Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit and Dragon Challenge coasters. I wasn't a very big fan of the idea of having to leave everything in one of their lockers every time even though they were free but it did make sense with how stupid people are nowadays with their cell phones.

Sorry for the long post, really excited for the season to get underway. Thanks in advance!

#2 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 02:36 AM

The current sale will likely be the best deal. Season passes are lowest around Labor Day and go up in price a little at a time until they reach their highest price around May. 

The dining pass is worth it if you go to the park a lot. You get 2 meals and a snack each trip. If you were to order the most expensive items you can get $33 worth of food each trip (2 meals for $11.99 each and the most expensive snack is a $9 funnel cake). Normally I get lunch and dinner in the park and on the way out get a snack to take home like a bag of popcorn. Last season I went to the park 20 times between opening day and November 1st (last year the dining pass expired then, this year it is good the entire season) so it worked out to be a great value but even if you go 5 to 6 times, you should still save some money versus buying food each trip.

I have never used the photo pass so can't comment on that.

It is still 10 minute early entry with no separate entrance. Also the rides don't open early, you just get to enter the park early and go to a ride entrance. 

There hasn't been anything about metal detectors before the coasters. I'm afraid it might eventually happen because the amount of people taking phones out on rides this past season was worse than ever. 

I'm glad you liked reading my trip reports. 

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#3 SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 09:39 PM

Thanks yoshi! We decided that we are going to do the gold season pass and dining pass since we plan on making some trips to the other parks as well. Still haven't decided on the photo pass but we may add it later on during the season.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users