6 replies to this topic

#1 Coaster Guy84

Coaster Guy84

Fearless

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 11:34 PM

Due to the recent opening of Six Flags Great Adventure we have seen an abundance of new members join the forums.

New Members

First off I would like to welcome you to the community and thank you for taking the time to register. Before posting please take a minute to familiarize your self with the forum rules which can be found by clicking this link.

Now once youíre familiar with the rules take a minute to read through some of the threads on the board before starting a new topic. If you have a question about the park it may have already been answered but if you donít see it take a minute and use the search function just to be sure.

Once you are sure that your question or comment hasnít been discussed recently youíre ready to create a new thread. Make sure you are in the correct forum (ex: GAdv Chatter) and post away. Please be sure to use both the subject and subtitle text fields to make your question or comment clear to everyone.

Finally when replying to various topics being discussed at GAdv.com please make sure your posts are of good quality with proper grammar and punctuation. Most importantly when replying to topics please make sure your posts are not just a few words or one sentence. Replies such as LOL, Thanks, I wont be there, HAHA, etc are unnecessary and donít add to the conversation.

Senior Members

Please keep in mind that we do have a lot of new members that arenít going to post perfectly every time. People are going to make mistakes and repeat numerous things said so please try and be patient as these new members learn the ropes.

What I will request is that you stop openly harassing and lashing out at these new members when they post something that they arenít suppose to. I suggest that if the post is unappealing you use the report this to a moderator link instead of flaming the newbie. I realize that there is always going to be certain members that need to be dealt with, new and old, and that is something the moderation team is well aware of. Let us take care of discipline and you guys keep adding the positive incite that we all love to share.
"The Killer in Me is the Killer in You"

Posted Image

#2 GAcoaster

GAcoaster

Photographer/Historian

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,058 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 10:16 PM

To help everyone out, the beta of Google Toolbar 3 is now available, and offers spellcheck for any online typing you do (including posting in forums).

I recommend anyone who is constantly having problems spelling download this now!

Click Here to Download Google Toolbar 3 with Spellcheck
Posted Image

#3 GAcoaster

GAcoaster

Photographer/Historian

• Retired Admin
  • 6,058 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 06:29 PM

I just wanted to take a moment to remind everyone about the Forum rules. Lately posts have been getting sloppy again and until now we've been letting it slide a little. With our new Moderators on board to help, we will begin issuing warnings on pointless posts, bad grammar and spelling as well as any other violations of Board policies.

Posting Rules 
1. Do not post copyrighted material without prior consent from the owner.  Materials used from other sources MUST BE CREDITED (including links back to the original source). 
2. Do not use foul language or inappropriate language while posting a message. 
3. Do not flame or attack other visitors with any sort of vulgar messages. 
4. Do not "spam" the boards or PM system with unnecessary messages.
5. Do NoT mAkE pOsTs WiTh WrItInG lIKe ThIs. 
6. Do not advertise other websites by making a thread just about them. Post links to other websites only when it pertains to the discussion. 
7. Do not write in all capital letters. 
8. Do not double post (the act of posting a message right after another for no reason).
9. Please keep topics on subject.  If you feel the need to digress, start a new thread in the appropriate forum.
10. Keep your signatures to a minimum.  Graphics and unneccessarily long signatures will not be tolerated.
11. Posts should be written using standard english, and should be proofread for spelling mistakes before posting. Instant Messenger shorthand is not acceptable. 

Posted Image

#4 Stew

Stew

Disco Stu Doesn't Advertise

• Retired Admin
  • 5,799 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 10:50 AM

I also just want to remind everyone here about the Terms of Service (TOS) that you ALL clicked "I Agree" to when you joined these forums.

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this BB. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this BB.

Bull Rides: (35) -- KKount: (65.5)
View My Pictures! http://stew560.smugmug.com/ThemeParks

Posted Image
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage

#5 Stew

Stew

• Retired Admin
  • 5,799 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 06:49 PM

Bumping this thread one more time.

Every Member needs to read through this thread. The Spelling and Grammar have gone to the dogs lately and it WILL stop. Consider this your warning. Unless the bad spelling, bad grammar, and aol-talk stops, disciplinary action will be taken against the offenders.

Google Toolbar with Spell Check built into your browser.

There is no excuse, besides laziness, for Bad Spelling and AOL-talk on these forums, and it will not be tolerated.

Posted Image

#6 Stew

Stew

• Retired Admin
  • 5,799 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 07:37 AM

Good Morning Class.
Good Morning Mr. Stew

Today we are going to learn about the SHIFT key.
0o0o00o0o

This is the SHIFT Key
Posted Image

You use this key to capitalize letters such as "I" and the first letter of a sentence.
Class Dismissed.

Posted Image

#7 Stew

Stew

• Retired Admin
  • 5,799 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 10:18 AM

Today's Lesson is on Opinions.

Let's start with a definition:
From Merriam Webster

Opinion
Main Entry: opin∑ion
Pronunciation: &-'pin-y&n
Function: noun
1 a : a view, judgment, or appraisal formed in the mind about a particular matter

From Wikipedia

An opinion is a person's ideas and thoughts towards something. It is an assessment, judgment or evaluation of something. An opinion is not a fact, because opinions are either not falsifiable, or the opinion has not been proven or verified.

Just because you do not agree with someone's opinion doesn't make your opinion right! Everyone here is entitled to their own opinions. If you would like to disagree, present your case and back it up! DO NOT flame someone for disagreeing with you.

Anyone who does flame someone else based just on a disagreement of opinion will be dealt with according to GAdv.com's Discipline rules.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users