20 replies to this topic

#16 jokerzjinx07

jokerzjinx07

Griffon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 11:02 AM

I really like this ride, my only problem with it was that it wasn that tall, that bommerang was really intense though!
Posted Image
Posted Image
www.twitter.com/JimMcNaught

#17 almightyfire

almightyfire

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 08:01 PM

i wasnt impressed at all. i went to dorney park the day after great adventure and riding el toro and nitro so you all know that this ride was a disappointment to me. i am sorry i just like coasters over 200ft and go extremely fast.

5/10

#18 SFGAsue

SFGAsue

Cleverly Disguised as a Responsible Adult

• Members
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 06:05 PM

Hated it! I was so disappointed. Rode it last year and don't feel the need to go back to do it again. If it didn't have the jo-jo roll going for it, it would be nothing. Dorney does have some great rides...this isn't one of them.

#19 Damn Matt

Damn Matt

Tampa Bay (Devil) Rays

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 11:10 AM

Hydra isn't supposed to be that knock your socks off ride. If you went there expecting that, that's why it isn't good. It's a Family Thrill ride, like what Maverick is bringing to Cedar Point. It isn't huge, but brings 7 inversions into play.

Not to mention it is easily the most original floorless out there.

For what it is, it's a beautiful looking ride, smooth and is a nice addition to the park.

8/10
That's enough of that.

#20 kkcr77

kkcr77

Reccession Bancakes

• Members
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:18 PM

I've only been on a few floorless B@M's, Medusa, Dominator, Scream!, and of course, Hydra. Let me say that Hydra comes in next to last, only in front of the disgusting mock of a ride that is Scream!. Hydra has the traditional smoothness and elements of a B@M but lacks the umph, the 'x' factor to make it great. A good ride overall, that without the jojo would be just average.
Posted Image
ThrillCoaster Tours---California Coasters Tour---2 days!

#21 Cygnus12

Cygnus12

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:41 PM

Hydra: The Revenge is like a mini looping coaster. It does everything that a big looper does...only smaller. Right out of the gate the train navigates a 'jojo roll' which is moderately stupid and just there to raise the inversion count. Oh, and to make money and get free items for the employees because everything not secured is gone during this. The drop is nice, it's pretty steep and without any curves or anything which is actually a nice change for a B&M. The first inversion is this almost immelmen/diving turn thing followed by a zero-g roll and then a corkscrew in the opposite direction. The corkscrew really threw me off the first time around since I'm so used to two roll elements in the same direction. Next is a whacky looking cobra roll with an airtime thingamabob after it. The ride then winds down with a bunny hop, corkscrew and a couple of turns.

It seems like a cool layout until you actually realize that it's just a bunch of elements chained together. It's kind of like somone's first No Limits coaster where they use all prefabbed inversions back to back. The ride was fun, but not really intense at all.

6/10 is my rating.

TheDoD3.com - 3x more thrilling than your favorite ride!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users