Post Your Top 10 Coasters (or More)...
Posted 27 June 2006 - 07:39 PM
1. Superman: Ride of Steel at Six Flags New England- The best coaster out of 107 I have ridden. The perfect mix of ejector airtime/floater/speed/height/out and back and twister sections/smoothness/positive g's/length/and intangibles like tunnels, setting and theming. Just take one look at it and you'll see why it is my #1 coaster.
2. El Toro at Six Flags Great Adventure- JUST missed my #1 spot. Toro is simply breathtaking...2nd best first drop in world, by far best airtime on any coaster I have ridden, and just an insane experience with tons of airtime/positive and lateral g's/headchopper/and smoothness. If it was a little more re-ridable or a little longer, it'd be my #1.
3. Millennium Force at Cedar Point- The most overrated coaster by fanboys and GP, and most underrated by many enthusiasts. MF is an amazing coaster which does what coasters were intended to do better than anyone else....be REALLY REALLY fast and REALLY tall and sustain it into a nice long ride. It's first drop is the best in the world, and it's constant speed puts it at #3 on my list.
4. Boulder Dash at Lake Compounce- Up until 2006 with the premier of Voyage at HW, Boulder Dash was rated the best terrain coaster in world by both GTA and Mitch's poll....and for good reason. Boulder Dash is a simple out and back coaster, but also provides blazing speed, ejector airtime, all the while plowing through the trees and side of a mountain. A night ride on this coaster is arguably the best thing I have ever experienced on a coaster.
*Tie* 5/6. Kingda Ka at Six Flags great Adventure and Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point- You can easily make a case for these 2 being the best coasters in the world. They provide the biggest adreniline rush found on roller coasters. There is nothing more intimidating then staring down a LONG launch track and 420ft top hat knowing in just a few seconds you will be travelling at 120mph and soaring at the tallest heights found on any other coaster in the world (unless you are on TTD, then KK would be the exceptions).
7. Apollo's Chariot at Busch Gardens Williamsburg- Some may say Nitro is better, but I prefer AC. It has borderline ejector airtime, VERY smooth, and its setting and overall fun factor make it my #7 coaster. Unfortunately it is constantly underrated, but I find it to be amazing and deserving of high praise.
8. Storm Runner at Hershey Park-- Like its strata coaster twins, SR has an amazing launch and top hat. Not to the degree of the stratas, but still awesome. But that wasn't enough for HP...they threw in 3 other elements never before seen on any coasters in the world....the best being the snake dive, with is 2 barrel rolls 100ft in the air. Amazing airtime, intensity, and fun factor make SR my #8 coaster.
9. Nitro at Six Flags Great Adventure- Ahhh, the coaster that pushed me over the hump into enthusiast land back in April 2001. Nitro is an amazing coaster, that samples everything a great hyper coaster should have...many airtime moments, some positive G's, and long layout, all the while being smooth. Nitro is a helluva ride, although sometimes slightly overrated.
10. Revenge of the Mummy at Universal Studios Florida- While not talked about much, ROTM is a true gem. It is half dark ride/half coaster. It has a fantastic story line, some of the best effects ever seen on a dark ride, and 2 solid coaster sections. With that mix, it definately deserves to be in my top 10.
11. Alpengeist at Busch Gardens Williamsburg
12. Kraken at Sea World Orlando
13. Incredible Hulk Coaster at Islands of Adventure
14. Dominator at Geauga Lake
15. Steel Force at Dorney Park
16. Talon at Dorney Park
17. Magnum XL 200 at Cedar Point
18. Lightning Racer at Hershey Park
19. Montu at Busch Gardens Tampa
20. Volcano: The Blast Coaster at Paramount's Kings Dominion
^JL from OTRbasketball.com with the T-Mac sig!
Posted 27 June 2006 - 08:07 PM
1.El Toro A great ride throughout. Smooth as steel. The speed never gives up. Not-so-long lines. Amazing.
2.Medusa The first floorless. Many copies made, this is the best. Dive Loop... A nice smooth looper.
3.NitroSix Flags Great Adventure, Jackson, NJ NITRO just misses Medusa for the Silver. It has great floater air, and the hammerhead is insane. Nice carousel and bunny hops.
4.Chiller RedSix Flags Great Adventure, Jackson, NJ Until I can get on Chiller Blue (probably next season ) this will be my favorite. Much less bumpy than a boomerang, and the zero-g roll backwards is breathtaking.
5.Kingda KaSix Flags Great Adventure, Jackson, NJ WHEW! AMAZING launch. You all know it, so that's it.
6.Great WhiteMorey's Piers, Wildwood, NJ I rode this 5 times today, so I jogged my memory. This woodie is old, but it still packs a punch. You especially get a punch to the head in the back row . Still good in the front row, though!
7.Batman: The RideSix Flags Great Adventure, Jackson, NJ Nice fast-paced inverted. It keeps its speed and has great themeing.
8.Superman: Ultimate FlightSix Flags Great Adventure, Jackson, NJ I like Superman, although the lines are long, dispatches are slow, and it breaks every time you walk by. Some people say the flying position is uncomfortable, although I think otherwise. Much beter if you look straight ahead, instead of at the ground.
9.Great Nor' Easter Morey's Piers, Wildwood, NJ This was closed today, but lookin' good! It is another good inverter, but rough. Very enjoyable, althoug my dad swore he broke a rib on it...
10.Great American Scream Machine Six Flags Great Adventure, Jackson, NJ The roughest coaster I've been on excluding Rolling Thunder. If it was less rough, it would be higher ranked. Bad head-banging.
Well. that's me!
Posted 27 June 2006 - 08:37 PM
1. El Toro at Six Flags Great Adventure- Rode it today for the first (2) times, and I was blown away by the speed, the airtime, the G's. The structure is so beautiful, and traveling through the structure is almost like a tunnel. Its hard to look at any coaster the same way after riding the bull.
2. Kingda Ka at Six Flags Great Adventure- Really appeals to the speed freak in me, nothing beats a good launch, and this is as good as they come.
3. Volcano: The Blast Coaster at Paramount's Kings Dominion- This seems to be the one ride I like more than everybody else, but I love it to death. The novel premise of blasting out of a volcano adds to a ride that would be great without the Volcano around it. The whole thing is just sheer power, and you gotta love having two equally great launches. The last banked turn into the volcano is heaven, and if it added some varied inversions and length it could have grabbed my 2 spot.
4. Nitro at Six Flags Great Adventure- The drop is fun, and the elements are varied. The floater air is great, although it saddens me that El Toro seems to make this ride seem less great. Still, this will be offering great rides for decades.
5. Storm Runner at Hersheypark- The tophat offers some insane ejector air, but that is just part of the fun. Hershey goes all-out to make your launch unnerving, and in addition to maybe the coolest element (the snake dive) I've ever seen, it also has the best headchopper I've ever experienced (Monorail track).
6. Apollo's Chariot at Busch Gardens Europe- I prefer Nitro, but this ride is pure sweetness! The airtime could be better if such heavy trimming didn't exist, but I prefer the helix to Nitro's, and the return trip is graceful, fun, and fast.
7. Alpengeist at Busch Gardens Europe- This is the standard by which all other inverts should be judged. The theme is pure awesomeness, the drop is never-ending, the inversions are massive, and the second half distinguishes this ride from the run-of-the-mill inverts. I rode in the 'money seat' and the 'B&M Snap' was never more evident than in the Cobra. I love it!
8. Talon at Dorney Park- Perhaps the best thing about this ride is you can just ride and re-ride to your heart's content. The ride is fast, intense, forceful, and fun, and you can't help but wish we had lines like that on GAdv's rides.
9. Medusa at Six Flags Great Adventure- The first of its kind, the best of its kind. Front row offers great views of the Safari, and the fun factor is never more present. The inversions give that B&M snap that makes them that much more intense.Too bad it suffers from bad park placement.
10. Space Mountain at The Magic Kingdom- Classic, out-of-this-world fun, the perfect use of darkness to play tricks on the mind. I could ride it for days on end and never get bored. Not because of speed, airtime, drops, or G's, but because of FUN.
Edited by UrsaMajor, 22 July 2006 - 01:45 PM.
Thanks to SB for the set
Posted 27 June 2006 - 08:39 PM
2. Storm Runner- You can tell I like accelerators. This got me into coasters. The whole ride was a big blur at night to me. Before I knew it, it was over.
3. El Toro- Truly the greatest wooden coaster. Never stops thrilling. I can not wait for more rides on this beast.
4. Robin: The Chiller- I have yet to go on batman so for now robin is here. Lauch is smooth yet fast and forceful. Cobra roll is awsome, then followed by a very tight zero-g-roll. My favorite though is the cobra roll backwards.
5. Medusa- Mine only floorless. To me it has on of the best locations for a coaster, I love watching llamas while going up the lift. The ride itself is a mildly thrilling but smooth ride. I try to enjoy it as much as possible before it gets too rough.
6. Nitro- The most overrated coaster ever. This is a spot it deserves. I'm not saying it is a bad coaster. It is infact an ultra smooth hyper with by far the best restraints.
7. Great Bear- My favorite inverted coaster. Best part of the ride is the helix before the big drop. Great views, and at the end you get to fly by the sooperdooperlooper.
8. Superman: Ultimate Flight- a really good flying may be short but has a good layout. I love the big floppy pad.
9. The Great White- a fantastic woodie. Starts by going under the boardwalk then a long thrill of going out towards the water.
10. Steel Force- A great hyper. It had an awsome helix. I can't remeber that much about this ride though.
Posted 27 June 2006 - 08:53 PM
2.Superman: Ride of Steel at Six Flags New England-I have to refresh my memory on this ride to see if its still #1 and can take down Toro. Just a great ride all around especially the twister section portion. The tunnels with the mist and last few bunny hills make it a great ride.
3.Kingda Ka at Six Flags Great Adventure-After 14 rides on this I still havn't gotten enough of the intensity on the launch. The pullup and the 90 degree twist was very intense. Great air on the tophat and the 270 degree twist. Ending with nice air on the bunny hill!
4.Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point-A great ride but in my opinion Ka has the better launch and the better air. The lights on the tower and the christmas tree were great theming wise. The T-Bars were a great plus but I wish the theming was still on the trains.
5.Nitro at Six Flags Great Adventure-I think I'm one of the few people that think Nitro is better then Millennium Force. Im a sucker for airtime and Nitro has plenty of it plus it has the intense helix before hitting the midcourse. The ride also has one of the better first drops. I don't think its overrated but o well.
6.Millennium Force at Cedar Point-The best drop on a coaster anywhere as its so sustained but the speed and the overbanks really didnt do anything for me. It seemed like it was missing that one thing to make me like it better but I don't know. Again this is my opinion and its all preference.
7.Apollos Chariot at Busch Gardens Europe-A great hyper that I havn't ridden in a while. Great airtime and a great helix. How could you not like a B&M hyper??
8.Storm Runner at Hershey Park-Such a great addition for an amazing park. The launch and the air on the tophat are great. The flying snake dive definatly makes this ride and is one of my favorite elements on a coaster!
9.The Phoenix at Knoebels-Such a great classic woody with all its air and the PTC buzzer bars. My #2 woodie behind Toro... go ride it!
10.Alpengeist at Busch Gardens Europe-A top 10 wouldn't be complete without an invert. Alpengeist has an amazing first drop and is just intense in every aspect. The cobra roll has the famous b&m snap and some great turns through the ''snow''.
Posted 27 June 2006 - 08:58 PM
9. Volcano, The Blast Coaster
8. Storm Runner
7. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
6. Revenge Of The Mummy
5. Lightning Racer
4. El Toro
3. The Beast
2. Top Thrill Dragster
1. Kingda Ka
Posted 27 June 2006 - 09:22 PM
2) Superman: Ride of Steel (SFNE)
3) Boulder Dash (LC)
4) Millenium Force (CP)
5) Mean Streak (CP)
6) Top Thrill Dragster (CP)
7) Nitro (SFGA)
8) Raptor (CP)
9) Madusa (SFGA)
10) Superman: Ultimate Flight (SFGA)
Honestly I do not know how you cannot have ET and S:RoS as your top 2.
Posted 27 June 2006 - 09:25 PM
2 - El Toro
3 - Phoenix
4 - Twister
5 - Medusa
6 - Kingda Ka
7 - Robin the Chiller
8 - Medusa
9 - Scream Machine
10 - Rockin Roller Coaster
Posted 27 June 2006 - 09:27 PM
2 Kingda ka
3 Hulk (IOA)
5 Dueling dragons (IOA)
7 Revenge of the Mummy (Universal)
8 Chiler red
9 Cyclone (coney island)
10 Superman Ultamatie Flight
AND THATS NO BULL!!!!
I am ElToroFreak many other places
Xbox Live Gamertag: WhiteGuy128
Wii number: 7730 1595 9656 0107
Posted 28 June 2006 - 12:24 AM
1 EL TORO!!
2 Kingda ka
3 Hulk (IOA)
5 Dueling dragons (IOA)
7 Revenge of the Mummy (Universal)
8 Chiler red
9 Cyclone (coney island)
10 Superman Ultamatie Flight
Im seeing way to many lists with no S:RoS..you all need to plan trips to get up here
Posted 28 June 2006 - 01:24 AM
1 Top Thrill Dragster The speed on this ride is Insane. It's a rush, The single most intense 16 seconds of my life. I was in shock after my first ride. Nothing has ever compared.
2 Superman Ride Of Steel In 2000 when Six Flags New England opened this ride was amazing. So much airtime, And quite an intense drop. The twister section just adds more to the ride. Superman gets robbed bu MF every Year.
3. Millennium Force As many people have said, this ride has the greatest drop than any other coaster, And the speed never lets up. The Airtime hill that's about 180 feet just adds to the ride. This ride just falls below Superman.
4.Kingda Ka Some of you may wonder why this is at 4 while dragster is 1st. It is the OTSR's. I hate them. The airtime on this ride does not exist. The Otsr's limit it. However if it was t bars it would be ranked 1 or 2.
5. Desperado Now most Gadv members have not been on this ride. I can assure you. It is great. Ejector Airtime. Speed. Height. I really enjoyed this coaster. If you are ever near Las Vegas, rent a car and go ride it. You won't be disappointed.
6. Boulder Dash This is the first wooden coaster I have felt is worth a top 10 spot. I love where it is set. The woods flying by. Its one of a kind. Also the airtime is great too. My number 1 wood. Remember I have yet to ride Toro.
7. Nitro B+M never really made me excited. They are great rides, but not worth top 10 number's Nitro is different. I like the drop, as well as the air time. And the helix is one of the best out there.
8.Magnum XL 200 Over 17 years old but still packs a great punch. It is similar to desperado, but a little rough. I also feel its drop over time as gotten a little boring. None the less it still is a great Airtime ride.
9. Incredible Hulk The launch followed by the twisting loop out of the station is one of a kind. The rest of the ride is perfect inversion after perfect inversion. This green monster rocks.
10. Steel Phantom This was the only looping hyper coaster. It is great. I have yet to try Phantom's revenge but this version was great. The Inversions were rough but not so bad you couldn't deal with it. Also this ride had the single most intense head chopper ever. Right through Thunderbolt.
11.Goliath I don't understand why many people don't like Goliath. It has a great drop into a tunnle. Great air, as well as an intence twister section. The helix from hell does make people black out from time to time. But it's a thrill.
Posted 28 June 2006 - 09:27 AM
2) Nitro (sfgad) befvore ET, was my favorite. the floater airtime is great, and even though it feels as if your slowly cresting those hills, your out of your seat the whole time. the trims dont effect it at all, and the helix is very forceful. plus, the first drop and the drop off the MCBR are unbeatable
3) Medusa (sfgad) overall good ride. have rode three times, on i nthe back, twice in the front. everyone seems to say it is getting rougher but IMO, it is still very smooth, even for a B&M
4) Talon (dp) in 2004, before hitting many big rides at sfgad, talon was my #1. it just is a truely well built ride. combines a great combined layout, and has forceful elements here and there. its smooth, and even has headchoppers, and somewhat interactive experiences with onlookers. a less forceful, but bigger and bettersibling of BTR
5) Kingda Ka (sfgad) first ride was in august of 05 and the launch just blew me away. at first i was like, damn this is my new #1 by far, but then realized i didnt really remember much, ahaha. idk, maybe it was just the speed or something, but once i ride again i might reconsider its # on my list
6) kraken (swo)
7) incredible hulk (uioa)
8) dueling dragons, ice (uioa)
9) chiller, robin (sfgad)
10 hydra (dp)
runner-up, and former top ten coaster:
11) steel force (dp)
Posted 28 June 2006 - 10:27 AM
8:Batman The Ride
10:Great American Scream Machine
12:Revenge Of The Mummy
14:Superman Ride Of Steel(SFA)
17:Superman Ultimate Flight
20:Runaway Mine Train
22:Two Face The Flip Side
B&M nearly sweeps my top 10!
2:The Wild One
1:Journey To Atlantis
Edited by FreakofNITRO, 28 June 2006 - 10:54 AM.
R.I.P. Jim Johnson 5/26/1941 - 7/28/2009
Posted 28 June 2006 - 10:27 AM
2.) The Voyage Best wooden coaster by far, gives a completely out of control and VERY long ride
3.) X Not much better then the looking straight down vertical drop
4.) The Beast Classic ride, one of few with a double lift, and the double helix finale is awesome
5.) Montu Love it, smooth with lots of tunnels and well themed
6.) Superman Ride Of Steel (SFNE) Great view and a long ride with air
7.) Superman Ride of Steel (SFA) Crystal smooth and fast
8.) Kingda Ka Best rush on any coaster, the extra hump puts it over TTD
9.) Top Thrill Dragster Love the lapbars
10.) Nitro We All Know Nitro
NOW PLAYING This week: Video from Mousefest
Coaster Count: 306
In The Loop Co-Host
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users