Post Your Top 10 Coasters (or More)...
Posted 31 August 2006 - 11:53 AM
-Top 5 Steel
#1: Superman: Ride of Steel @ Six Flags New England
#2: Nitro @ Six Flags Great Adventure
#3: Storm Runner @ Hershey Park
#4: Patriot @ Worlds of Fun
#5: Kingda Ka @ Six Flags Great Adventure
-Top 5 Wood
#1: El Toro @ Six Flags Great Adventure
#2: Boulder Dash @ Lake Compounce
#3: Lightning Racer @ Hershey Park
#4: Wildcat @ Hershey Park
#5: Yankee Cannonball @ Canobie Lake Park
Top 5 Steel - S:RoS @ SFNE, Nitro, Storm Runner, Patriot, Kingda Ka
Top 5 Wood - El Toro, Boulder Dash, Lightning Racer, Wildcat @ Hershey, Yankee Cannonball
Posted 31 August 2006 - 01:02 PM
It never slows down, constant air especially that one amazing hill over RT and it rides like a real bull!
2) The Hulk @ Islands Of Adventure
My old #1 now knocked down, gotta love the setup that leads to the 1st launch. The whole "Warning! Warning!" thing (is it me or do alot of Universal rides use that alot? Oh well, it's effective! lol). Also the helix around the lift/launch is effective, the corkscrew after it, and the nice 2nd hill has nice air in the back.
*TIE*3) Apollo's Chariot @ Busch Gardens Williamsburg/Nitro @ Six Flags Great Adventure
Nitro is higher and faster but AC has almost ejector air. BUT Nitro has nicer hills and IMO a better helix. SO that's why they're tied and truly awesome!
4) The Revenge of the Mummy: The Ride @ Universal Studios Florida
Why is this 4? F anyone who hates it this ride rocks! Dont expect so frigin nutcase coaster with a 100099393986ft. drop. This ride isnt made to be just a coaster, plus it's an indoor coaster so unless you want Universal Studios to build a 200ft. building complex to fit you're dear ol' loopers and hypers inside then go ahead and whine. USH's mummy obviously has no comparison. The theming, the effects, the backwards part all awesome but my fav part of the ride that amazed me and still does on HOW it was done.....with one simple line......"Your Souls Are MINE!" As we blast off 45mph into the Mummy's mouth. I can only reccommend back row for a great coaster experience but front for view. There's is nice air on the first drop out of the launch. Then there is a 2nd hill which has some nice air too. The 3rd hill is my fav though after the mummy (and I also have NO idea how this was done) shatters the glass and yells "Death Is Only The Beginning!" as fire heats up the ceiling and we're launched down a very nice drop, a few turns, and a nice stop.
5) Alpengiest @ Busch Gardens Williamsburg/Europe
Best. Invert. EVAH! 'Nuff said. The terrain, the height, speed, inversions, errthang bout this coaster is awesome!
6) Dueling Dragons @ Islands Of Adventure
Fire or Ice....they're both my fav. Fire is better with the drops, where Ice is better with the inversions. I love this ride for the 3 near misses but my favorite one isnt the loop (although that's great! It's the 1st miss. Fire has a bigger and better 1st drop into a nice immelman and then a 2nd hill which gives off great airtime in the back. Ice has a nice drop, though shorter and a sweet turn into a zero-G roll under Fire's airtime hill (which is the 1st near miss). Ice also has a nice cobra roll!
Fire back row, it's always the best!
7) Batman & Robin: The Chiller @ Six Flags Great Adventure
The most underrated ride EVER! Robin's launch is just amazing and Batman's inside tophat is unbeatable! Plus the two zero-G rolls are also cool. Then there is the fear of going off the edge. And finally we repeat.......backwards. With only lapbars, the force of gravity and the hope that God exists keeps us alive on the ride. Front row on both rides is an absolute must, especially on the initial launch and going up the spike (scary!)
8) The Comet @ Six Flags: The Great Escape
It's really the only good coaster there, riding in the back car is AMAZING. The lift hill goes up so fast that you get a little bit of air on the first drop. the rest of the drops have SO MUCH air. It's a mix between floater and ejector. It's very fast for a coaster it's size and it's not THAT rough. There are only 3 rough patches in it (at least I thought so).
*TIE*9) Kraken @ SeaWorld Orlando/Medusa @ Six Flags Great Adventure
Ok, if it wasnt for Medusa we wouldnt have the rest of 'em! But Medusa is #10 and Kraken is 9. Kraken gets a 9 because it has a better drop, better theming, underground tunnels, and a nice pop of air on one hill. Medusa is just awesome in it's inversions and the fact that even after the MCBR it doesnt let up.
10) California Screamin' @ Disney's California Adventure
Also another underrated ride. The launch, the air, the music, the theme, the loop, the length. It's a beautiful ride! Also my 1st looper!
11) Kingda Ka @ Six Flags Great Adventure
I cant compare it to TTD but I heard KK isnt as good because it doesnt take off like TTD does. It's too bad this ride suffered so much or else I know people would like it better lol. Anyway, launch, spiral, hill. yeah. lol
12) The Lochness Monster @ Busch Gardens Williamsburg/Europe
The only good Arrow coaster (sorry GASM and Viper!). It's just not as rough (cuz Busch takes care of their rides) and the 1st drop, the terrain, the interlocking loopsand the helix in total darkness inside that cave is totally awesome!
13) The Big Bad Wolf @ Busch Gardens Williamsburg/Europe
The entire village that you wind through is so cool. The through the trees and who cant love the drop that swings like 5ft. over the lake!
*TIE*14) Talon @ Dorney Park/Batman: The Ride (at various Six Flags parks)
Talon is a forcefull ride with a nice loop and a nice setup to the immelman, plus the very low to the ground helix! And Batman.....I've ridden 2 and they're the same but although it's a compact coaster it really packs a punch. The gs are very strong and it has a nice zero-G roll, turns and corkscrews.
15) Steel Force @ Dorney Park
Hey......well I like it. Nice drops, air, and helixes! If it wasnt for Morgan we wouldnt have hypers.
16) The Great White @ Morey's Piers
The Great White is a great ride. The drop out of the station really caught me by suprise and then the underground tunnel that we coast in set right on top of the beach sand is pretty cool too! The lift is pretty fast and the 1st 100ft. drop is very nice and not too rough either! Some nice turns too. HOWEVER there is not much air except for once or twice which is why it's 17 but it's still fun! AND Moreys is the #1 Peir down the Jersey Shore right next to The CasinoPeir at "Sleazeside" Heights!
17) Revolution @ Six Flags Magic Mountain
This coaster is revolutionary. It's probably the only "good looking" coaster in the entire ugly park (sorry but it's not a beauty like Busch.) It's seems this ride is where the only trees, grass, and forest is in the entire park. The drop isnt steep but picks up alot of speed. The loops is nice and the tunnels are the coolest going in and out of the moutain!
18) The Journey To Atlantis @ SeaWorld Orlando
The nice combo of water ride/coaster is nice. The theming is nice but not really carried on all the way like it should but the coaster parts are nice and the drop is great into a nice splashdown.
*TIE*19) Physclone @ Six Flags Magic Moutain/Hercules @ Dorney Park
You're probably thinking. WTH? I know, but hey, I enjoyed Pysclone and I dont know why others dont like it (besides the fact that someone got ejected from it which is scary). And Hercules. I liked it. The first drop and the terrain was great. Sure it was rough but cmon! Sad it's gone.
20) The Wild Mouse @ Sleazeside Heights' CasinoPier
I know, I know, an even bigger WTH!? But really it's the best non-spinning Wild Mouse ever. The turns are the best on any wild mouse, the 1st drop is insane (for a wild mouse speaking), the helix is awesome and it has nice air on the little dips! lol Back row.....duh!
Everything else I've been on.......they're all 25 cuz I dont care about them hahaha
Edited by justanotherperson, 31 August 2006 - 02:17 PM.
Posted 31 August 2006 - 01:15 PM
1) Superman: Ride of Steel at SFNE
2) Millennium Force
3) Apollo's Chariot
4) Storm Runner
5) Revenge of the Mummy at USF
7) Top Thrill Dragster
8) Kingda Ka
1) El Toro
2) The Voyage
3) Boulder Dash
4) Cornball Express
7) Viper at SFGAm
8) Lightning Racer
9) Lost Coaster of Superstition Mountain
^JL from OTRbasketball.com with the T-Mac sig!
Posted 31 August 2006 - 01:26 PM
1) El Toro
3) Volcano: The Blast Coaster
4) Storm Runner
5) Expedition Everest
6) Kingda Ka
7) Apollo's Chariot
9) The Incredible Hulk Coaster
10) Space Mountain
Thanks to SB for the set
Posted 31 August 2006 - 01:27 PM
1. El Toro at Six Flags Great Adventure
This coaster is the most amazing Ive been on, delivers a huge punch with not a single dull moment from the lift to you come to a full stop is just amazing.
2. Kingda Ka at Six Flags Great Adventure
Most intense coaster Ive been on with waiting for the launch scares me each time a ride and is a huge thrill with a unique experience.
3. Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point
The next best thing to kingda ka and still gives a different ride with lap bars.
4. Millenium Foce at Cedar Point
Millenium would be my number for and is a great long ride with some nice airtime and speed and a amazing first drop.
5. Revenge of the Mummy at Universal Orlando
This coaster is so much more than a coaster, the theming to 10/10. The Ride 8/10 The special effects 10/10 which is the best part of the ride especially diving through the "fire" best ride at universal!
6. Superman Ride Of Steel at Six Flags New England
At my home six park is one of intamin's best creations with amazing airtime and provides a little bit of everything and with misting tunnels makes it even cooler.
7. Expedition Everest at Animal Kingdom
This coaster has everything, a amazing ride, awesome animatronic, unsuspecting ride, and the best queue ever.
8. Nitro at Six Flags Great Adventure
Best ride ive been on for that floater air many crave, extremely smooth and breath taking ride with some awesome elements.
9. Aerosmith's Rock 'n' Roller Coaster at MGM Studios
Best LIM launched coaster out there with allot of energy with great music, cool pre show and a excellent plot.
10. Space Mountain at The Magic Kingdom
Space mountain set the standard for roller coaster's and theming. The ride is still a thrill today and honestly makes me feel like I'm in space and away from the world.
Posted 31 August 2006 - 01:34 PM
2. Nitro at SFGADV- My long time number one gives the complete package of air, speed, and G-Forces (my top three factors). El Toro barely beat it. This is also the coaster that made me the enthusiast I am today along with Rattler.
3. Kingda Ka at SFGADV- Simply the greatest combination of speed and height that I've been on.
4. Superman: Krypton Coaster at SFFT- From my original home park, Superman is my favorite looper and will probably hold that title for a long.
5. Storm Runner at HP- Great ride and would probably be #1 or close to it if it were just longer, those inversions are crazy!
6. Goliath at La Ronde- The newest addition to my Top 10, Goliath has great floater air, and that little bunny hop before the break run was amazing and caught me by surprise. Will have the TR for La Ronde and my Canada trip up soon, just really busy with x-country and other stuff.
7. Superman: Ride of Steel at SFA- Good coaster with a good set of helixes and some great bunny hops at the end.
8. Rattler at SFFT- A sentimental coaster for me, as it was my first big coaster. I still remember going on this in kindergarten and laughing at everybody (including my dad) while they were all screaming ther faces off. I love the use of terrain, as with almost every coaster at SFFT. Plus, I have always loved the long clifftop helix and the drop into the tunnel. It was a lot better before they made the drop shorter though .
9. Medusa at SFGADV- I remembered why I loved this ride when I rode it in the front row. Great inversions, and the MCBR does not slow it down at all.
10. Joker's Jinx- This beat out its clone at SFFT (Poltergeist) because it had a better launch (at least to me) and a tunnel thing.
Robin: The Chiller
Batman: The Ride
Posted 31 August 2006 - 03:03 PM
Edited by Nitro1118, 31 August 2006 - 03:03 PM.
^JL from OTRbasketball.com with the T-Mac sig!
Posted 31 August 2006 - 04:06 PM
Posted 31 August 2006 - 04:36 PM
1. Superman: Ride of Steel, Six Flags New England
What else can be said about this ride. It's just amazing.
2. El Toro, Six Flags Great Adventure
Superman Airtime. Laterals. Just not enough to topple Superman... but it's sure close.
3. Phoenix, Knoebels
The airtime on this coaster is just insane...and you gotta love those buzz bars... plus its at Knoebels, which is the greatest park ever.
4. Millennium Force, Cedar Point
Amazing 1st drop and some neat airtime.
5. Apollo's Chariot, Busch Gardens Williamsburg
Barely edges out Nitro, barely
6. Nitro, Six Flags Great Adventure
Great ride. Not a huge fan of the helix though
7. Revenge of the Mummy, Universal Studios Florida
This is the perfect family ride. It has the dark ride portion that everyone loves, and an amazing coaster section that is incredibly fun yet not too intense. I have never seen anyone come off this ride unhappy. Everyone is just rediculously happy and giggling and smiling. This ride is probably the ride on this list that would make me want to get back in line and ride again right away the most.
8. Alpengeist, Busch Gardens Williamsburg
The best inverted coaster. Period. Just barely edges out Montu over @ BGT
9. Boulderdash, Lake Compounce
Amazing wood coaster
10. (3 way tie) Intamin Hydraulic Launchers: Top Thrill Dragster, Kingda Ka, XCellerator
Ka's the tallest, Top Thrill has the lap bars, Xcellerator has the best airtime... its too close to call, but I love this coaster type, one of these has gotta be in my top 10
Edited by coasterdevils30, 31 August 2006 - 04:36 PM.
Posted 31 August 2006 - 04:50 PM
2.) Kingda Ka- Front seat...no explanation needed
3.) Superman: Ride of Steel SFNE- Didn't quite top Toro, but was very close
4.) Robin: Chiller- The launch is great and the Zero-G roll backwards is crazy
5.) Coney Island Cyclone- The roughness doesn't bother me, and the airtime was crazy!
6.) Nitro- Isn't an airtime machine, but is still very fun and the helix is intense
7.) Revenge: of The Mummy- The theming, and great ride combined ='s a great ride overall
8.) The Incredible Hulk- The story line that goes along with the ride, I think is great, and the launch is powerful, but even crazier at night
9.) Georgia Scorcher-I really enjoyed the concept of Standing, and don't get why people hate this ride so much
10.) Medusa- I love this ride, Its so much fun to ride, with the feeling of being open with no floor and the zero-g roll is awesome!
Edited by coasterkid, 31 August 2006 - 04:52 PM.
TCT 07' - 10'
Posted 31 August 2006 - 07:08 PM
1. Millennium Force (Two Ns damnit!) Ok. This has EVERYTHING I look for. Speed, ejector drop, Lots of force between airtime hills make's being unstuck from your seat much more appreciable, LONG zero-G airtime hills (5 seconds to be exact), cool seats, cool color, The shape of the thing at any angle is awesome, cool lift, great crew, and it is in the greatest park ever. I just love this thing to death.
2. Nitro For most of the reasons above. It's my MF fix at my homepark.
3. El Toro. I really like the fast lift, ejector air, ejector air, ejector air, and, you guessed it, ejector air. I really like all the twists too.
4. Kingda Ka. Maybe I like this better than TTD because I sat on the from seat but the airtime hill gave it that extra edge.
5. TTD No need for explanation.
This is where my list is really close. I will just name one's that stick out in no particular order.
Blue Streak at CP and Comet at HP: My other fave woodies.
Raptor at CP: My favorite looping B&M
Wicked Twister: I really love the forces on this ride. coming out of the towers is awesome and and row 15-2 on the right. The row in front of you twists then you see the ground in front of you. Probably #6.
Magnum XL-200: I don't know why this isn't on the top of my list. I guess I had a bad experience since I was in the ejector seat and it. I bet when I ride it again it will shoot up my list.
Project 2007: I don't know but this may be on my list. I can't tell now though.
Top steel coasters
1. Millennium Force 2. Nitro 3. Top Thrill Dragster 4. Kingda Ka 5. Raptor 6. Wicked Twister 7. Storm Runner 8. Medusa 9. Magnum XL-200. 10. Great Bear.
1. El Toro 2. Lightning Racer 3. Blue Streak 4. Comet @ HP 5. Great White @ Morey's Pier
Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:56 PM
As for my Top 10, Counting from the Top to the Bottom
No other ride give the ejector air this ride gives, its not pops its sustained ejector and you cant beat it, it also has a very forceful twister and it rides smooth as glass, the hill into RT has to be the best ejector ever on any coaster ive been on. Also I forgot how Toro turns into a standup on the first drop thanks to so much airtime
2.Superman:Ride Of Steel
The one in New England, I BARELY put Toro over this ride, It is very close, you get alot of Ejector, the ending twister and the tunnels are just godly. It is an AWSOME part of the ride, the hills are very forceful too. Very very close competitor to Toro
Now this may be #3 but don't get me wrong, it may have one hill for airtime but the 300 ft. drop in the very front is just priceless, nothing can beat it, also hitting turns at above 85 MPH is great too, the feeling of speed it gives is amazing, it may not have as much airtime as Toro and Superman but it DEFINATELY makes up for it
Storm Runner is just great, it has a very intense launch a top hat full of ejector and some great inversions, this ride packs alot of punch and is just great. Its what happens when Kraken and Top Thril Dragster make a kid, get out to hershey to ride it now!
5.Top Thrill Dragster
WHAT!? Dragster over Ka? Yes, I put dragster over Ka. Dragster has a better launch, the lapbars also make it better as you dont feel as trapped, once you climb the tower the airtime you get at the top wont be killed by brakes and the view is great, you see trees then Lake Erie and finally Millenium right there as you go down, not to mention the theme is better and also the reving you hear before you launch
This is just a great quality ride, you get a good 2 minutes on it and you get a great ammount of floater air, all you gotta do is kick back relax and let it take you for a ride. Not to mention the helix is forceful as well and in the back on the bunny hills you can get some ejector! Very smooth and very awsome ride.
7. Kingda Ka
This is a great ride with a great launch, it is the record holder for height and speed. If your lucky you get a great launch and you can also get a view of Philly and NY. The bunny hill to end the ride is very awsome as well. If it was more reliable it may be higher up on my list, it is also a pretty rough ride, you do get shaken up.
8. The Incredible Hulk
Ah what beats a coaster in florida? A coaster in florida thats launch, is my favorite superhero and does a whole bunch of inversions, it starts off with a bang and ends with one. It packs a punch right from the launch through the zero G, through the cobra roll and the rest of the inversions. Its a great ride and really gives you a great ride.
9. Dueling Dragons:Ice
Yes, I put ice over fire, the ride is great already as it is dueling, the part where it looks like you collide but then pull up into a loop is great and the whole dueling thing is great as they both interact with each other. I put ice though because I like the inversions it has better then fire, also I thought it was more intense. Still it is my best invert....FOR NOW
The BEST floorless you can EVER ride. It is like Nitro and medusa in one ride, the inversions it has are great and it has one of the best BEST zero-g rolls. Its also awsome how it interacts with the terrain and dives into the ground at points, this floorless has plenty of air and great inversions, it will put Medusa to SHAME!
Posted 01 September 2006 - 12:20 AM
Kingda Ka / Dragster
Batman and Robin: The Chiller
The Comet @ SFTGE
Sooper Dooper Looper
Their always changing haha
Edited by Beethoven, 01 September 2006 - 12:21 AM.
Posted 01 September 2006 - 03:44 PM
Edited by KK-N-Mrc00l, 01 September 2006 - 03:45 PM.
El Toro: 4 Kingda Ka: 3 Nitro: 2 Medusa: 1 Superman: Ultimate Flight: 2 Batman the Ride: 2 Batman the Chiller: 0 Robin the Chiller: 5 Great American Scream Machine: 2 Rolling Thunder - Right: 0 Rolling Thunder - Left: 0 Skull Mountain: 1 Runaway Mine Train: 0 Blackbeard's Lost Treasure Train: 1 Road Runner Railway: 0 Stuntman's Freefall: 0 R.I.P
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users