Post Your Top 10 Coasters (or More)...
Posted 27 July 2008 - 07:39 PM
1.Maverick- I thought the mix of airtime and inversions was great. Although a bit rough, it was not unbearable. Great ride.
2.Nitro-What can I say, I love Nitro.
3.Storm Runner-Short and to the point. Storm Runner is awesome, though the more I ride, the more my shoulders take a beating.
4.Alpengheist-I love Alpengheist. I am contemplating on moving it up on my list. The g's are great.
5.Millenium Force-I feel this has to be on here just for the pure speed and height. This is almost a default choice. Airtime was serioulsy lacking, but I still had a great time on it.
1.El Toro- Although my last few rides haven't been that great, it is still my top wood.
2.Comet(Hersheypark)-The airtime on this is really good. I love the feel of the wood as the train goes through the course
3.Cyclone(Coney Island)-Even though it continues to get rough, and I can't ride it more than a few times in a row, the airtime and nastalgic feeling I get riding it is awesome.
4.Phoneix-I liked Phoenix, and really liked the airtime, but I have to say I enjoyed Comet better. Maybe I should have sat in the famous third row.
5.Lightning Racer(Lighthing or Thunder)- I like Lighting better, but they are pretty much the same.
I left Apollo's Chariot off the list because while a really good ride, I felt it lacking something. Maybe I didn't like the layout too much, but it left me wanting more.
Posted 09 August 2008 - 12:14 PM
1. S:RoS (SFNE)
2. Apollo's Chariot
3. Millennium Force
2. El Toro
3. Boulder Dash
5. Wildcat @ Hershey
1. S:RoS (SFNE)
2. Millennium Force
2. El Toro
3. Boulder Dash
5. Legend (That's what I meant to put last time)
Apollo's Chariot wasn't nearly as good as the last time I rode it... so much so that it fell out of my top 5... had a couple great rides on Nitro so it popped in instead. And I've decided after riding El Toro 9 times in 2 days that I definitely like Voyage better.
2009 SFNE Trips: 5... Total Rides: Bizarro- 9; Batman- 7; Mind Eraser- 3; Flashback- 2; Cyclone- 2; Thunderbolt- 2; Pandemonium- 0; Catwoman's Whip- 0; Great Chase- 0
Total Credits: 135; Last Added: Scooby Doo's Ghoster Coaster, Last Ridden: El Toro
Posted 10 August 2008 - 12:28 AM
1. Kingda Ka- sucker for speed & height.
2. El Toro- nothing beats the back row!
3. Nitro- B&M Hypers rule!
4. Apollo's Chariot- (same as above)
5. Griffon- Best. Floorless. Ever.
6. Hydra: The Revenge- the corkscrew at the beginning is the highlight.
7. Alpengeist- awesome, but a little head banging.
8. Steel Force- my first 200+ ft. coaster
9. Medusa- especially awesome at night
10. S:UF and B:TR (tie)- superhero inspired coasters...anything better??
Posted 10 August 2008 - 11:51 AM
2. Storm Runner- This rocket coaster has my favorite launch of any coaster. It starts off with the famous "Now get ready, here we GO!" That just gets my adrenaline pumping. The top hat has very strong ejector airtime and it has 3 amazing inversions. It always offers a smooth ride and guarantees airtime.
3. Griffon- It has to be one of the most intimidating coasters you can look at. Griffon has amazing floater airtime on both of the big drops and some like airtime on the two bunny hills. The holding brake in the front row is truly an amazing experience. Also, this is the smoothest coaster I have ridden.
4. Nitro- The best hyper coaster I have been on. This ride has an abundance of floater airtime from the first drop all the way to the final brake run. The first drop is one of the best I have experienced and I can always count on this ride to provide.
5. Apollo's Chariot- One of the best coasters around for airtime. The airtime is a little more forceful than Nitro's but there just isn't as much. If Apollo was as long as Nitro it would take the cake but it just isn't quite long enough.
6. Kingda Ka- Might be the most intense 30 seconds of my life. The launch is so forceful and long, airtime 456 feet in the air, and then looking straight down the spiral! But that isn't all. Then you go over a bunny hill with ridiculous speed and nice floater airtime. This coaster is just awesome.
7. Volcano: The Blast Coaster- This coaster has a very fun launch. It really isn't that strong compared to Kingda Ka or Storm Runner, but it still is fun. What puts this coaster in my top ten is coming out of the volcano 155 feet in the air upside down. It's truly a unique experience that everyone should try.
8. Medusa- My favorite original floorless coaster. It has a great first drop and some intense inversions. Not to mention it has the best zero-g roll I have been on. The coaster has some great length and its just pure fun.
9. Talon: The Grip of Fear- This is my favorite B&M invert. It has a very intense compact layout. All the inversions have strong positive g's and it even has an airtime drop near the end of the ride. My favorite part it the low to the ground turn before the corkscrew.
10. Phoenix- The coaster didn't quite meet my expectations but it's super fun. It has airtime EVERYWHERE you go. The airtime ranges from floater to ejector and just having a lap bar helps the airtime.
Posted 12 August 2008 - 07:54 AM
Posted 12 August 2008 - 09:21 PM
1: El Toro
6: Top Thrill Dragster
7: Storm Runner
10: Wicked Twister
Boulder Dash, Gemini, Millennium Force, Kingda Ka, Lightning Racer
Posted 12 August 2008 - 09:43 PM
1) Superman: Ride of Steel at SFNE
2) Millennium Force
3) Apollo's Chariot
4) Storm Runner
5) Revenge of the Mummy at USF
7) Top Thrill Dragster
10) Incredible Hulk
1) El Toro
2) The Voyage
4) Boulder Dash
5) Cornball Express
8) Viper at SFGAm
9) Lightning Racer
10) Twister (Knoebels)
^JL from OTRbasketball.com with the T-Mac sig!
Posted 12 August 2008 - 10:03 PM
2) El Toro
3)Top Thrill Dragster
7) Wicked Twister
10) Great Bear/ Raptor
Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:46 PM
1. Millennium Force
2. Superman: Ride of Steel
4. Storm Runner
5. Kingda Ka
8. Apollo's Chariot
9. Steel Force
1. El Toro
2. Lightning Racer
3. Boulder Dash
5. Great White
7. Cyclone (SFNE)
8. Big Dipper
9. Blue Streak
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users