419 replies to this topic

#376 Christian

Christian

I'm kind of a big deal

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 01:49 PM

Yesterday, while on line for El Toro, I was in back of these two people, I think they were probobly husband and wife. I noticed the guys shirt, and it was for a world coaster tour. Can't remember what the name of the tour was, and his wife had a shirt that said "coaster chick" on it. I also pointed them out to my friend, I heard the women ask something to the guy, and his answer was that they build El Toro in Germany and shiped the parts to GADV to assemble it. Um, I think they constructed it at the park. He might have been joking, but I don't know.

Well they're somewhat correct. El Toro was manufactured over in Europe. The track was prefabricated in a factory and it was shipped to Great Adventure to be assembled by snapping the pieces together, hence the term Plug-n-Play.

There was a dream that was GADV Online...

#377 lil jimmy norton

lil jimmy norton

GADV Elite

• Members
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 04:55 PM

Yesterday, while on line for El Toro, I was in back of these two people, I think they were probobly husband and wife. I noticed the guys shirt, and it was for a world coaster tour. Can't remember what the name of the tour was, and his wife had a shirt that said "coaster chick" on it. I also pointed them out to my friend, I heard the women ask something to the guy, and his answer was that they build El Toro in Germany and shiped the parts to GADV to assemble it. Um, I think they constructed it at the park. He might have been joking, but I don't know.

Well they're somewhat correct. El Toro was manufactured over in Europe. The track was prefabricated in a factory and it was shipped to Great Adventure to be assembled by snapping the pieces together, hence the term Plug-n-Play.

Yeah, but I think he was trying to say that it was built there, and the reassembled at GADV.
My dog is destroying my life.

#378 Kingda Ka Owns You

Kingda Ka Owns You

you look so content

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 03:12 PM

Looking at a pic of KK on friend's phone

Kid-Is That Nitro or Kingda Ka ??
Posted Image
"Deeper, I'm Falling"
-Killswitch Engage

#379 LuvinNITROndSFGA

LuvinNITROndSFGA

The Dark Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 06:28 AM

Yesterday at the park there were loads of Gp.

--After walking by the approximate 90 minute wait sign at Superman a girl says "Wait... this ride is 90 minutes long???" :wallbash:

--In line for the ferris wheel "This thing is like taller then Nitro."

#380 Damn Matt

Damn Matt

Tampa Bay (Devil) Rays

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 11:13 AM

Nope, he was right.

They PRE FABricated in German then shipped it here where we just plug in the pieces and play. :)

lol.
That's enough of that.

#381 Christian

Christian

I'm kind of a big deal

• Retired Admin
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 11:22 AM

Yesterday walking from Nitro

"Did you go on The Chiller?"

"Yeah, that thing goes way faster than the Kingda Ka!"

There was a dream that was GADV Online...

#382 lil jimmy norton

lil jimmy norton

GADV Elite

• Members
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 11:37 AM

Nope, he was right.

They PRE FABricated in German then shipped it here where we just plug in the pieces and play. :)

lol.

Ah, ok, I got you. I guess that one flipped on me.
My dog is destroying my life.

#383 DolphinsFan417

DolphinsFan417

My game is MVP like Steve Nash

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 02:18 AM

From the 14th...

"I went on Black Mountain"

and

"This ride (KK) used to be 135mph but they slowed it down"

Damn GP

Posted Image

#384 Chiller4Life

Chiller4Life

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 10:51 AM

Yesterday at Chiller:

Man: "Why dont they start up batman?"
Woman: "Umm.... Because they Umm.... Can't run two rides at once it would overheat and they have to take time and water the rides. Besides Robin is better."

I love GP :LMAO:

#385 Sfguy

Sfguy

GADV Elite

• Moderators
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 09:38 PM

Today-

Man points to Ka, "That thing goes like 0-50 in like 2 seconds, yo!"

In line for Superman, guy points to a support close to the track and said "Did you hear a guy got his head chopped off because it hit the support?"

Posted Image

#386 dcs221

dcs221

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 08:24 PM

haha I personally haven't heard too many real dumb statements from GP, and I've always questioned some things I've seen in threads like these, but no more... ;)

On El Toro, after getting halfway through the prelift turn, the girl behind me says: "Whoa wait a minute (expletive), they didn't tell me this thing goes up!!!"

HAHAHAHAHA That had me dying laughing, I loved it. I think it's the dumbest thing I've ever heard at a park. Some quotes that have to do with mixing up rides are understandable, but to not know that a *roller coaster* (let alone one of the tallest wooden roller coasters in the world) that you've stood and looked at from 10 feet away goes *up*... wow. Good times good times :P

Edited by dcs221, 19 June 2007 - 08:25 PM.

Check out my newest No Limits recreation, Superman SFNE! http://nldc.interfix.net/p64

Roar at Six Flags America. Ride out Loud! http://nldc.interfix.net/p24

#387 Kingda Toro

Kingda Toro

The Dark Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 09:02 PM

I think one of the most funniest, stupidest things that I have heard someone say is during the Sponge Bob 3-D Preview show, they asked "Does this ride go upside down"!!!

I always get at least one of these every day when I'm working...

Jolly Roger:
-Does this go upside-down?
-You mean I need the seatbelt? I thought that was just for the kids!
-Can I get 3 people in a car?

Skyride:
-Don't shake the car, you'll break the cable! (the worst thing that could possibly happen from excessive shaking is the cable coming off a tower, and if that did happen, the cable would stop and the counterweight would hold the cable up)
-Where are the seat belts?
-Is this safe?
-Can I go back around? (I don't think so, I've got a full queue and there are signs and an autospiel at both ends saying it's one way)

Skyride closed for high winds:
Me: I'm sorry, we're closed for high winds.
Guest: When will you open?
Me: When the wind dies down enough for the ride to be safe.
Guest: When will that be?
Me: I'm sorry, but Six Flags has no control over the weather.

Fantasy Fling:
-I don't have a chain! (yes you do, someone else used your chain instead of theirs)
-What do you mean I have to keep my feet on the floor?! That's no fun! (it doesn't spin fast enough for you to do that safely, you'll just slide down)

#388 Amanda

Amanda

Queenda Ka

• Retired Admin
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 04:02 PM

-Is this safe? Haha, not really a GP thing, but still funny.

#389 Paul Zarate

Paul Zarate

Kingda Ka Ryder 4 Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 05:09 PM

-Is this safe? Haha, not really a GP thing, but still funny.

I love those. But I did keep saying it on my first DDD on Opening Day.
2009 Parks: Six Flags Great Adventure, Disney World, Disneyland, Dorney Park, Six Flags New England, Lake Compounce, Kennywood, Knoebels, Hershey Park, Morey's Pier, Busch Gardens Africa, Busch Gardens Europe, Knott's Berry Farm, Sea World Orlando, Universal Orlando, Boomers Amusement Park Fort Lauderdale, Kings Dominion, Holiday World, Six Flags Magic Mountain.

#390 Amanda

Amanda

Queenda Ka

• Retired Admin
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 11:31 PM

"How do they put Kingda Ka away in storage every winter?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users