- Park Changelog
- All Keywords
- Roller Coasters
- Rides & Attractions
- Food & Dining
- Recent Stories
- Twisted Mayhem of THE JOKER Unleashed
- El Diablo Opens!
- NJ's Largest Net-Metered Solar Project Planned for Six Flags Great Adventure
- Batman Backwards Announced
- Name Change for New 2015 Ride: El Diablo
On Friday, 5/30/14, Zumanjaro's catch cars were seen halfway up the tower. On Saturday, 5/31/14, we were able to see the catch cars actually move up and down the tower. At one point during the day, the gondolas were even raised upwards. Cables are attached to the catch cars, which connect to the gondolas (which have the seats) to carry them to the top of the tower. The catch cars have a maintenance basket on top. We witnessed workers standing in the baskets as they slowly descended the tower.
The two pictures below show the catch cars moving down the tower. All 3 catch cars use the same wench, so they will ascend and descend the tower together.
We also have new pictures of the queue line for Zumanjaro. Since Kingda Ka is open weekends, we have a new view of the queue from near Kingda Ka's entrance.
- Posted by KaiserJune 1st, 2014 at 9:20pm
- Revised by KaiserJune 3rd, 2014 at 6:39pm